Idiots

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 08:49 AM

Everyone. Just STOP.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaw View Post
There is the start of the problem.....China downplaying the situation until they couldn't anymore. They do not value their citizen's lives so it applies to all. Sad.....
Look around. Lots of folks in the US do not value other people’s lives too. You don’t need to look that far to be sad. BTW how many ICU beds and respirators are there in central Florida?
Old 03-19-2020, 08:54 AM

Thanks so now another activities has been removed. Get a Life
Old 03-19-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Doomsayers! Is the virus bad? Yes. Is it going to wipe out the population? No. Are people idiots? Yes, but not all idiots are ignoring the warnings, some idiots are spreading the panic.
While other idiots stick their head in the sand.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:00 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just went a sports pool, lots of real old women walking side by side , ignoring all the rules about social spacing--maybe its time to shut everything done--can't fix stupid--it may kill us all
I've read this over a couple of times and still don't see the term FAT stated or implied. Please correct me but I can't see it in the OP's post.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Do a little research. The pools are one of the safest places to be right now. From the CDC:

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”"

This doesn't cover if someone sneezes directly on you, or if you touch surfaces that have residual traces of coronavirus... however, as long as the surfaces get splashed with pool water regularly, it will inactivate the virus.

To be clear - it is relatively safe IN the pool... but not if you're sitting on the deck with a big group of folks. And being in the pool is certainly far safer than being in a restaurant, or shopping for groceries.
Totally irrational post but thankfully you are not the one who made the decision.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Couple of years from now, there will be articles about the Stupid Idiotic Mass Hysteria of 2020.

We can thank the media

And here I thought TV would be a haven of sanity...but plenty of chicken littles here too

The “mass hysteria” is global so they all must watch our news on cable tv like you do.
If we all survive unharmed, you can host the LOL party, ok?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I've read this over a couple of times and still don't see the term FAT stated or implied. Please correct me but I can't see it in the OP's post.
Because that portion of the post was removed, fortunately.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:07 AM

Why oh why would YOU call them idiots? These 'idiots' have lived through so much more thsn you have. In wwll the brits walked the streets of london as the germans rainrd down bombs. At 18 years old i walked in a malaria infested jungle. At the sound of gunfire i ran towards the gunshots. Risking my life to save a friend. I was an idiot.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Doomsayers! Is the virus bad? Yes. Is it going to wipe out the population? No. Are people idiots? Yes, but not all idiots are ignoring the warnings, some idiots are spreading the panic.
No it's not going to wipe out our population but it might get 5% of us and that will be ugly. 5K dead in TV in the next few months would obviously be a big deal.

We had 200K cases worldwide yesterday, 225K today, if we continue with this exponential growth we're looking at over a million by next Thursday or Friday. 4 million in 2 weeks. By following the CDC recommendations we may be able to slow this down and not overwhelm our healthcare system.

I think it's going to rip through our population....but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not singling out this post, it was just handy for replying.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage

And I served in a steel coffin, hundreds of feet under water, fought a fire while under water could not surface due to the area we were in, got to periscope depth and ventilated the boat--I volunteered for submarine duty--we had zero idiots in the submarine service- idiots were transferred out quickly
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just went a sports pool, lots of real old women walking side by side , ignoring all the rules about social spacing--maybe its time to shut everything done--can't fix stupid--it may kill us all
Just don't get near this so-called Idiots. If they want to expose themselves to the virus, it's there life! When it's your time to go, it'll happen. I wouldn't go to the pool myself. Like you said you can't fix stupid!
Old 03-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Sage

I greatly admire and appreciate the OP’s service to our country. Gratitude cannot be adequately expressed.

But does that give one the right to so callously and condescendingly insult people for simply walking too close together, even in these times?

Not in my opinion.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:55 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Because that portion of the post was removed, fortunately.
I thought perhaps that was the case but I didn't see that it was edited. See what one misses by going to shop for TP!!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I greatly admire and appreciate the OP’s service to our country. Gratitude cannot be adequately expressed.

But does that give one the right to so callously and condescendingly insult people for simply walking too close together, even in these times?

Not in my opinion.
I agree with ALL that you said Polar. Don't think expounding thoughts and insults on social media much makes people change. BUT maybe Chat needs to release some tension. Maybe next we should focus on grocery stores (NOT!!!) to keep the "social distancing" at bay...or the drug stores. As for the pools---until they were closed, I'd read they were fine due to the chlorine. NOT having used a pool in a very long time I can't speak to the ones using them. Maybe policing one's self rather than focusing on others so much...we can all get along together better.
Closed Thread

Tags
side, idiots, kill, stupid--it, fix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.