Down payment in lot in Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 04:51 AM
Default Down payment in lot in Marsh Bend

Anybody out there trying to sell their home and build in the new sections, have money down on a lot, but four months is about to expire, last two months - virus has ceased all traffic and what happens to your $10,000 that’s holding the lot for four months - my four months expires May 1 and not one word from The Villages about what happens next, do I lose my $10,000, do they extend the time, do they give me back my money? Am sure there are others in the same boat - waiting for some word from TV
Old 04-04-2020, 05:27 AM

Why don’t you contact them? You will get a better answer than any you might get here.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamiller7 View Post
what happens to your $10,000 that’s holding the lot for four months - my four months expires May 1 and not one word from The Villages about what happens next, do I lose my $10,000, do they extend the time, do they give me back my money?
I assume you were given a date of May 1 to meet with a designer and decide exactly what type of house you want to have built. Then you are expected to pay 10% of the full price of the house. That is how it was for a friend of my wife.

When her friend could not pay the 10%, they extended her date for three months and subtracted $1500 from her deposit.

In these uncertain and unprecedented times, I suspect The Villages management will be willing to work something out with you.
Closed Thread

Tags
months, lot, money, word, $10, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.