If you have only one day......

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Our visit date is getting closer and I am getting MORE and MORE excited!! You've all had great ideas and I really appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Sage

TommyT said it earlier in the thread but it bears repeating:

"Bring your checkbook"!!!

You just might find something you'd like to buy!

Bill
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Sage

Since you have such a short stay here I think you might arrange your time so that you finish the trolley tour and then walk across the street to view the St. Patrick's Day parade at Sumter Landing. I've misplaced the March schedule or I'd tell you when it starts. If you're looking for a quick bite to eat at either square, Toojay's Deli is a good bet. Anyway, securing a parking place before the parade is a wise move as it will be mobbed at the square.

The first thing I'd do on arrival is go to the sales center at Lake Sumter Landing. They'll tell you where to get a detailed Villages map and you can sign up for the trolley tour. We've done many "private tours" and we just start near where we live (466A), drive north on Buena Vista, pop in to Lake Miona and Seabreeze Rec Centers, turn left on 466 to view the shopping and charter schools, turn around, go back to Buena Vista, turn north, view the Polo grounds, take a right past Savannah Center to El Camino and on to Spanish Springs, then back down Morse to Lake Sumter sales center. Studying the map will also help you use the roundabouts.

The trolley tour will drive by the sections that are currently being built, as that is the main point, to sell new houses. The last time we did it they didn't tour north of 466 which was a shame. If they don't go there now you can still do that area on your own, and you will see the beautiful golf courses that border the main arteries. There are just two North/South main streets, Buena Vista and Morse. Without a map to study, though, you'll be lost. When we first came here I had the map and my husband did the driving. He was completely lost until we switched and he looked at the map while I drove. End of navigation problem.

Hope you have a great time on the 16th and let us know your impressions of The Villages.

Last edited by Carla B; 03-04-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Typing
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Veteran member

Now, Carla.....you have come up with a job for someone who wants to supplement their income......"The Villages Tour Guide"!! We travel quite a bit and always book private tours wherever we go. It's very nice to have someone touring you around who knows the roads and points of interest. Someone should start a side business doing "day tours for newbies". Is that a great idea, or what???!!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Sage

So far the tours have been free and have included bed, breakfast, and often dinner at home. It's the last part (dinner) that's a little hard to get enthusiastic about at the end of the day....touring is hard work!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 AM

how long is a trolley tour and what do they generally cover? Thanks....
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Tomorrow is the day!!!! Oh, yah!!! Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I'm afraid I won't sleep a wink. So, if you see a couple wandering around lost, please stop and say hello to us. I'll return and report when we get home tomorrow night. Thanks, everyone!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.