If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

When new areas are released in The Villages and other developments the situation is similar for the best/view lots. As GG expressed using a Latin phrase the early bird gets the worm.

The situation is similar for best view/lots for resales just like it is for new construction. There are lots of buyers who would prefer to buy in established areas with all amentities established, cart access to everything, established shopping/restaurants, no $30k bond, mature landscaping, and no construction noise/dust etc.

Smart birds get the worm because they are smart, not early.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Uh...where do you think Zillow gets its information? Probably from the SumterPA website. It shows all of the information you have listed.
Duh...of course that's where Zillow gets the info, and they also include all previous MLS listings and it's much easier to read than the PA websites. PS, not everyone here lives in Sumter County.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Duh...of course that's where Zillow gets the info, and they also include all previous MLS listings and it's much easier to read than the PA websites. PS, not everyone here lives in Sumter County.
There is a handy dandy one called Marion County Property Appraiser and also one called Lake County Property Appraiser. Be sure to look under Florida.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a handy dandy one called Marion County Property Appraiser and also one called Lake County Property Appraiser. Be sure to look under Florida.
Yes Dear, we know, but Zillow is much more user friendly. And has previous MLS listing history which is very useful for buyers. Everyone is free to use whatever site suits their needs.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes Dear, we know, but Zillow is much more user friendly. And has previous MLS listing history which is very useful for buyers. Everyone is free to use whatever site suits their needs.

As you say. But it doesn't show you the placement in the neighborhood and where the streets are close to it and just exactly where the view is. (If any)
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
As you say. But it doesn't show you the placement in the neighborhood and where the streets are close to it and just exactly where the view is. (If any)
Google maps satellite view is the best way to see a home's placement/view and everything else you need to know about a particular neighborhood. You can zoom in and out and see much more than any County PA site.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Sage
Default If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

If everyone used all these tools who would buy the less desirable houses ? I say let ignorance take it’s course.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Wiotte; 11-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
When new areas are released in The Villages and other developments the situation is similar for the best/view lots. As GG expressed using a Latin phrase the early bird gets the worm.

The situation is similar for best view/lots for resales just like it is for new construction. There are lots of buyers who would prefer to buy in established areas with all amentities established, cart access to everything, established shopping/restaurants, no $30k bond, mature landscaping, and no construction noise/dust etc.

Smart birds get the worm because they are smart, not early.
the house I mentioned buying in 1996 was built in 1962. I bought it for its ocean view lot. I walked around the house and saw the view. I knew I wanted the house before I ever went inside. In its neighborhood it is all about the view!

Many older homes in any town were built in the best located area on large lots and on wide streets, etc..

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 11-27-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
If everyone used all these tools who would buy the less desirable houses ? I say let ignorance take it’s course.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The best thing that my dad ever taught me was

"Everything is obvious to everyone"

People that buy homes in the Villages are not stupid, doesn't matter if they were Plumbers or Lawyers. Actually I know plumbers with net worths that many lawyers dream of.

Less desirable homes is entirely in the eyes of the beholder. You do realize that someone who buys a non view kissing lanai patio cottage for $150k gets the same lifestyle amenities and privileges here as a $1 million Premium home buyer?
Old 11-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Hire your own appraiser unless your buying new. There are realtors out there willing to take advantage of gullible old folks that come from the north where homes cost and sell for a lot more.
Quote:
Realtors want to sell their listings as fast as possible, that's how they get paid. If a listing is way over market value its usually due to an over zealous owner and a weak agent that couldn't talk sense into them.
It's ridiculous to spend money (about $300.00 or so) for an appraiser when looking to buy a house!
Realtors aren't out there to take advantage of "gullible old folks" because if they do that, they could lose their license.
Your comment makes no sense!

Of course Realtors want their listings to sell fast; so does the home owner!
Most often, a too-high price is because the home owner thinks he is siting on a pot of gold when in fact, he's made a mountain out of a molehill.
It has nothing to do with a weak agent, in most cases.
A well-seasoned Realtor will have paperwork to back up a recommended price while the homeowner pulls a figure out of the sky.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I have found fewer errors on the County sites, vs. Zillow's site.
You are correct!
The county sites are 100% accurate.

Zillow is an interesting site but much of it is pipe dreams for the owner or seller, in addition to much of the information being provided by the seller.
Take a lot of what you read with a grain of salt.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
You are correct!
The county sites are 100% accurate.

Zillow is an interesting site but much of it is pipe dreams for the owner or seller, in addition to much of the information being provided by the seller.
Take a lot of what you read with a grain of salt.

Many enjoy watching home prices here. I know I do. . Most homes that are clean, staged well, and competively priced don't last long on the market here in The Villages.

There are still sellers looking to hit a home run and price their homes way too high even with improvements which are often highly personal.

The bottom line. Overpriced homes don't sell. Most people of our age have bought and sold a few homes in their lifetimes and are pretty savvy buyers...and sellers. Much information is available on their computers that wasn't readily available in the past.

Never been a realtor. Not looking for business. Just enjoy watching the market.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-28-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I guess I am missing something here .... why would you want to know what the house sold for last time, or the time before? Surely those numbers have nothing to do with what the house is listed for now - which is what you are going to pay, and if you know what you are doing, you are only going to pay what it is worth to you now!

Someone enlighten me please because this makes no sense to me at all.
If a home sold for 100K less three years ago than it is listed for today, even figuring in improvements and 20K bond paid, ............Or 200K less..........I would have some hesitancy as a buyer.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Download the Zillow app. It shows you the street view, satellite view, and lot lines of the home. With the street view you can travel up and down the street to look at neighboring houses, and with the satellite view you can zoom in on an areal view of the house or back out to see the whole village. And that's just the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Download the Zillow app. It shows you the street view, satellite view, and lot lines of the home. With the street view you can travel up and down the street to look at neighboring houses, and with the satellite view you can zoom in on an areal view of the house or back out to see the whole village. And that's just the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thank you Chi.

Tags
county, property, site, appraisers, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.