If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I guess I am missing something here .... why would you want to know what the house sold for last time, or the time before? Surely those numbers have nothing to do with what the house is listed for now - which is what you are going to pay, and if you know what you are doing, you are only going to pay what it is worth to you now!

Someone enlighten me please because this makes no sense to me at all.

I agree want it sold for in the pass has nothing to do with market value now. IMO the market is flooded right now and prices are lower than few years ago. Unless it's great location and price it will set for awhile.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Download the Zillow app. It shows you the street view, satellite view, and lot lines of the home. With the street view you can travel up and down the street to look at neighboring houses, and with the satellite view you can zoom in on an areal view of the house or back out to see the whole village. And that's just the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Zillion google earth view not working on my computers, quite working few weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing this?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I agree want it sold for in the pass has nothing to do with market value now. IMO the market is flooded right now and prices are lower than few years ago. Unless it's great location and price it will set for awhile.
I strongly disagree. If you are talking about homes in The Villages. STRONGLY. DISAGREE.

And respectfully too.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
IMO the market is flooded right now and prices are lower than few years ago.
Might want to look at Lyle's historical sale prices..........values have been going up.

The economy is predicted to remain strong thru 2018, as should housing prices. Beyond 2018, it's a guess........but we are due for a change in the cycle (nationally).
Old 11-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
You are correct!
The county sites are 100% accurate.

Zillow is an interesting site but much of it is pipe dreams for the owner or seller, in addition to much of the information being provided by the seller.
Take a lot of what you read with a grain of salt.
Hmmm Zillow shows 332 homes for sale in The Villages with 50 FSBOs and 282 listed by Realtors and a few foreclosures. The info they give on each home is easily verified, price/tax history, previous listings etc.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post

Of course Realtors want their listings to sell fast; so does the home owner!
Most often, a too-high price is because the home owner thinks he is siting on a pot of gold when in fact, he's made a mountain out of a molehill.
It has nothing to do with a weak agent, in most cases.
A well-seasoned Realtor will have paperwork to back up a recommended price while the homeowner pulls a figure out of the sky
In so many words, you just repeated my point.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

like a home make an offer. as long as you don' t lowball it could be a starting point.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

No age bias please.

Older buyers are far more savvy than younger ones. This isn't our first rodeo.
I am not so sure about their being more savvy. It is surprising how many folks, young and old, out there who are not aware of websites such as Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com, etc.

We sold our house in Melbourne just one hour after we posted it in Zillow for only one dollar. His wife happened to be Internet-savvy and accidentally came across Zillow.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Zillion google earth view not working on my computers, quite working few weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing this?
One great thing about Zillow is that it shows property taxes paid each year and gives the price when sold the last time.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
As you say. But it doesn't show you the placement in the neighborhood and where the streets are close to it and just exactly where the view is. (If any)
No offense intended, but the houses in The Villages in same price ranges look pretty much alike. It is impossible (at least for me) to tell what the Villages look like. I do not know if For Sale signs are allowed. If not, then realtors are a must.

The best way to start looking is to attend open houses to get a feel for the village, neighborhood, and price.

Last edited by EPutnam1863; 11-28-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
No offense intended, but the houses in The Villages in same price ranges look pretty much alike. It is impossible (at least for me) to tell what the Villages look alike. I do not know if For Sale signs are allowed. If not, then realtors are a must.

The best way to start looking is to attend open houses to get a feel for the village, neighborhood, and price.
The Villages are very much alike, but generally speaking they are older as they go Northeast with the exception of areas added on near 466 about seven years ago. (Bridgeport at Laurel Valley and the Haciendas at Mission Hills) Now there is a new area being built near Nancy Lopez Golf course.

There are areas that do not allow any yard art without permission from the Architectural Board and they are South of 466. There is one village, Harmeswood, North of 466 off Buena Vista that has very very large lots. There are clusters of a few two story homes. There was a suit brought by some people about eight years ago and those areas have different ways of handling things than the rest of the Villages.

The Villages is a CDD. A Community Development District and a census designated destination and it is not run like a city with a mayor etc. The Villagers do NOT make the decisions. Many like that very much and some do not. It is clean as a whistle and has very low crime and as I say, it is hugely successful. The fastest growing area of it's size in all of the United States according to Forbes Magazine.

NO. I don't sell property and I have never met the Morses. But I would like to. I would hug them.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-28-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I am not so sure about their being more savvy. It is surprising how many folks, young and old, out there who are not aware of websites such as Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com, etc.

We sold our house in Melbourne just one hour after we posted it in Zillow for only one dollar. His wife happened to be Internet-savvy and accidentally came across Zillow.
Various websites to search for a home

MLS and Realtor.com - These are homes listed by a Realtor working for a licensed brokerage. These home owners will pay a 6% commission, half to listing agency and half to the buyers agency. But now there are companies that will charge you from $100 to $500 to list your property on MLS and Realtor.com, you as a seller pay only 3% commission to buyers agency. Obviously Realtors don't like this.

Zillow- Here you can see both FSBOs and MLS listings. Listing your home on Zillow costs you nothing and you can offer Realtors a commission or choose to only deal direct with buyers. Savvy buyers can check out FSBOs without an agent and negotiate a discount by dealing directly. Very easy to set up contracts and escrow with a reputable Title company.

VLS - This is The Villages site for resales of homes in the Villages. These also include a 6% commission, I think they only charge 5% if home sells quickly.

There are many others like Redfin, Trulia, FSBO.com etc that allow owners to list their homes for sale.

As a buyer, I like to look at all of them.

Last edited by GoodLife; 11-28-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

If you are looking to buy a house here listen to the negatives...there are a lot. Try to ignore those that drank the Kool-aid years ago.

Nothing wrong with TV if you are willing to accept it is a city now and will have tye problems associated with it
Old 11-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

From this we can conclude you have never purchased a very desirable property that had multiple offers at or above the asking price.

We offered 20,000 above the asking price in one place...and lost.

We paid the full price for our current house because when we went to the open house, there was a lot of traffic, and we overheard several people talking about making offers on this house.

We sold one house at the full asking price.

The famed real estate columnist Robert Bruss said that if the house sells in less than 3 weeks, it is underpriced. Three weeks, it is priced just right. If over three weeks, it is overpriced. The longer it takes, the more overpriced it is. Of course, this is when the market is normal.

Last edited by EPutnam1863; 11-28-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
From this we can conclude you have never purchased a very desirable property that had multiple offers at or above the asking price.

We offered 20,000 above the asking price in one place...and lost.

We paid the full price for our current house because when we went to the open house, there was a lot of traffic, and we overheard several people talking about making offers on this house.

We sold one house at the full asking price.

The famed real estate columnist Robert Bruss said that if the house sells in less than 3 weeks, it is underpriced. Three weeks, it is priced just right. If over three weeks, it is overpriced. The longer it takes, the more overpriced it is. Of course, this is when the market is normal.
Our realtor told us that you had the best shot in the first ten days a house is on the market. We did all of the things she suggested and we had three offers and a bidding war at nine days and it sold above the asking price. This is our home in Ohio that we left when we moved here.

Tags
county, property, site, appraisers, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.