If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Local Realtors "resent" not being able to sell new homes here for two reasons:

1. It is against the industry standard when an office (TV, in this case) will not cooperate with all brokers.
2. This is how Realtors make a living. No one being shut out of doing their job would like a situation such as this, as TV does to all outside brokers.

TV is hardly the size of the "naked city" and Realtors are not "disgruntled."
They are however, bothered by the fact that sellers are not being given the service they deserve because TV will not cooperate with them, allowing them to show and sell their listings.
Sellers in TV are not receiving the full service they deserve

The Villages does not have a "huge list of people waiting to buy."
They have a list of interested potential buyers.

The Pew information you cite is 7-year old information (2011).
I didn't read it but it has to be obsolete and partially out of date going by today's standards.
Some of the baby boomers are already in their 70s and I don't think that in the 14 years you mention, they will be buying here because at that point, they would already be 80 something.
In 2011 the Pew Research said that there would be ten thousand baby boomers retire every day for the next 20 years.

This is 2017 so there will ten thousand baby boomers retire every day for the next 13 years. (It is almost the New year) The first to retire will be eighty as time goes on but the others will be younger...now you see. (Every day ten thousand more Boomers; today, tomorrow, and on and on)

Not all of them will come here. But I would if I were them looking to retire in a nice place where it didn't snow and there was a lot of golf and other nice Boomer and better folks.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Very true. Also, Sometimes the price paid on record is not an arms length transaction, for various reasons.
How true. What the house last sold for can veil a myriad of unknowns. If you go by this, you can overlook many exceptional homes. I always look at current sales, then consider additions and benefits to living there. Then I visit my top five and see how they compare. I consider new but they can be stripped down to essentials without costly expenditure not to mention the well-known hassles with tradespeople coming and going all the time.

I know some just look for price for a particular model but that most often doesn’t get me what I most desire. Less in some areas can be more overall and I don’t want to look back with regret too many times.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
It's ridiculous to spend money (about $300.00 or so) for an appraiser when looking to buy a house!
Realtors aren't out there to take advantage of "gullible old folks" because if they do that, they could lose their license.
Your comment makes no sense!

Of course Realtors want their listings to sell fast; so does the home owner!
Most often, a too-high price is because the home owner thinks he is siting on a pot of gold when in fact, he's made a mountain out of a molehill.
It has nothing to do with a weak agent, in most cases.
A well-seasoned Realtor will have paperwork to back up a recommended price while the homeowner pulls a figure out of the sky.
I don't believe that the sales reps that The Villages uses are licensed realtors and therefore there is no license to risk losing.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
I don't believe that the sales reps that The Villages uses are licensed realtors and therefore there is no license to risk losing.

Of course they have a Florida real estate license. It would be illegal to sell real estate otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Wiotte;1484601]Of course they have a Florida real estate license. It would be illegal to sell real estate otherwise.

Really, so all the home owners selling homes on their own without realtors are illegally selling real estate. Better build more prisons!
Old 12-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Sage
Default If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

[QUOTE=bimmertl;1484656]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Of course they have a Florida real estate license. It would be illegal to sell real estate otherwise.

Really, so all the home owners selling homes on their own without realtors are illegally selling real estate. Better build more prisons!

Are you serious ? Of course a homeowner can sell their OWN home.
Do I really need to explain this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
To be a Realtor, a salesperson must belong to their local board and also pay dues to the National Association of Realtors.

Salespeople who work for The Villages are simply agents, although they are licensed.

Tags
county, property, site, appraisers, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.