If you want COSTCO

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Default If you want COSTCO

Was in Orlando COSTCO recently and was told by one of the senior employees that COSTCO owns land around here to build. Do not know about the validity of the statement, but was also told that if we want one around us that we should go to COSTCO.com weekly and put in a request/remark that they need to build by us. Here is a chance for those that want one to possibly make an impact.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran member
Smile

DONE
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM

Done!! Ended my plea with "I read TOTV, do you?"
Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Sage

Done. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 PM

Spoke with Costco staff when I was down there not too long ago and the story goes something like this. Costco had plans to build up here but Sams Club beat them to it. Since Sams Club now has a good hold up here, then to build a competitive Costco with a Costco already situated 45 minutes away in the northern burbs of Orlando would not be financially agreeable, particularly in the financial times we live in. That was the explanation given to me. But who knows. Add another 30,000 folks to the 80,000 plus already here, and Costco may give it another look.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Sage

Moved here from a midwestern state...medium sized city a bit larger than T.V. They have a Sam's Club and maybe 2 or 3 miles away....is a Costco!! Both do very well so I think that the statement made that Costco wouldn't come here could be bogus! Keep your fingers crossed and let your fingers do the walking and keep contacting their corporate offices!!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 PM

I know of places across the country that have SAMS and COSTCO are almost co-located, so I do not think that SAMS would stop them if they think the demand is here. And it would probably take a great many of us writing each week, but if comes down to here versus somewhere else, our having written thousands of email might make a difference. COSTCO also sometimes sets up in an existing older structure to determine if it is cost effective to build. I would like to see them here and it took us 1+15 from Orlando last time we went. Decide for yourselves, if you have the time and energy to email, what can it hurt.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 PM

Write the e-mails.......we live in the Phoenix metro area and in a 6 mile radius of our house there are 3 Costco stores and at least 5-6 SAMs clubs. We belong to both but rarely go to SAMs Club. We only go to the one on 441 when we r there in TV. But we make at least one trip to Costco in Orlando. ( we have CYV and will be there full time later this year )Different people go to Costco and prefer Costco over Sams Club. My wife and I are going to write the e-mails and would like as much help as possible. TV deserves and needs a Costco. Any ideas on how to spread the word even out side of TOTV?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeball View Post
Spoke with Costco staff when I was down there not too long ago and the story goes something like this. Costco had plans to build up here but Sams Club beat them to it. Since Sams Club now has a good hold up here, then to build a competitive Costco with a Costco already situated 45 minutes away in the northern burbs of Orlando would not be financially agreeable, particularly in the financial times we live in. That was the explanation given to me. But who knows. Add another 30,000 folks to the 80,000 plus already here, and Costco may give it another look.
Costco will not come to TV,demographics don't work.What they are REALLY saying is financially TV cannot support a Costco and never will.Add another 30,000 and it still doesn't make any sense financially for them to come here.Make your trips to Orlando and enjoy one of the best run and smartest corporations in this country.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Default Not likely to come here soon

After reading this post we sent a letter to Costco headquarters in Washington. We just received a reply from "Northwest Atlantic" in Connecticut. It reads:

"Thank you for reaching out to us, and for being such devoted Costco members! We value your trust and take your letter seriously.

As you can imagine, there are many factors to be considered when deciding on new warehouse locations, and unfortunately at this time it would not be feasible to locate at The Villages. That said, we constantly monitor all potential markets throughout Florida, and it is certainly possible things could change in the near future.

Meanwhile, thank you again for your letter and we appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Ernie Annibale"

It looks like we are not likely to see them around here in the near future. I searched "Northwest Atlantic" and they are a realestate consulting firm (who I assume advises Costco on new locations).
Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
After reading this post we sent a letter to Costco headquarters in Washington. We just received a reply from "Northwest Atlantic" in Connecticut. It reads:

"Thank you for reaching out to us, and for being such devoted Costco members! We value your trust and take your letter seriously.

As you can imagine, there are many factors to be considered when deciding on new warehouse locations, and unfortunately at this time it would not be feasible to locate at The Villages. That said, we constantly monitor all potential markets throughout Florida, and it is certainly possible things could change in the near future.

Meanwhile, thank you again for your letter and we appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Ernie Annibale"

It looks like we are not likely to see them around here in the near future. I searched "Northwest Atlantic" and they are a realestate consulting firm (who I assume advises Costco on new locations).
One can make a number of assumption concerning Costco decision. The economy is down, prices up and the main demographic are retirees. Add to that Sam's club is established and one can see whythey would not want to compete. i am satisified with Sam's
Old 02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage

I had kept my membership alive for 5 years, trying to visit the Costco not too far from the airport when making airport trips. But, just couldn't justify it any longer and let it lapse Feb 1. I think both Costco and SAMs could thrive here. But, happy that we at least have SAMs.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Gold member

We are moving from Orlando (Winter ParK) and love Costco.
I just wrote them to please come to TV.
We have been members since the beginning and may have to switch to Sams.
Don't know anything about Sams but hard to shop Costco 65 miles away.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:08 PM

I also have been a Costco member for many years. I am not familiar with Sam's Club. Sounds like I will have to become a Sam's member; at least for now.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM

I found it interesting that when Trader Joe's was brought up everyone seemed to jump on the band wagon believing that giving feedback to the company would actually help. But when I suggested the same thing here I had people tell me how they knew that this campaign would not work, citing examples that made at best no sense. I will restate again I would like to see a Costco here. Even if the Costco has no intention at this time to build a store here they might in the future, so what would it hurt to log on to their site and comment that you would like a store here. If 100 or 1000 people did that once a week, it might make a difference. And for all those who want to chime in with the negatives, I am not interested in your opinion. If you are so smart about the future you probably have more money than you need and do not need to or want to shop at Costco. I however would love to see one here, and if you feel the same it would be great to get your help. Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.