If you want COSTCO

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quill View Post
I found it interesting that when Trader Joe's was brought up everyone seemed to jump on the band wagon believing that giving feedback to the company would actually help. But when I suggested the same thing here I had people tell me how they knew that this campaign would not work, citing examples that made at best no sense. I will restate again I would like to see a Costco here. Even if the Costco has no intention at this time to build a store here they might in the future, so what would it hurt to log on to their site and comment that you would like a store here. If 100 or 1000 people did that once a week, it might make a difference. And for all those who want to chime in with the negatives, I am not interested in your opinion. If you are so smart about the future you probably have more money than you need and do not need to or want to shop at Costco. I however would love to see one here, and if you feel the same it would be great to get your help. Thanks
The bottom line is not wishing they were here. The bottom line is if it is financially feasible to be here and for them to make a profit in the numbers that they think is worth it.. I was all ready to make that request and will do so, but it isn't likely they will build in the immediate future after having read the letter from the person in charge.. Maybe a fast increase in population will sway them, and a fast increase in population is assuredly going to happen here.

We had memberships to both in Cincinnati, but in the last few years dropped Costco. I don't think there is a HUGE difference between the two. I must say that Sam's Club has good meats. And great one at a time offerings on items for the yard or for holidays. They have huge buying power and can get excellent items at a very reasonable price. And you can bet those suppliers are going to stand behind the items if you run into an issue of quality. We bought gorgeous outdoor wrought iron panels that we had embedded into a wall in Cincy for an excellent price. They had them one season and that was it. They don't restock on items like that. That is how they do things.

Costco fans? What do you like BETTER about Costco????? I may just rejoin Costco and drive to Orlando.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

Gracie this is exactly what I was talking about, I am not interested in debating the pros and cons of either, I shopped at both when they were available. I am interested in seeing one here. How does Trader Joe determine whether it would be profitable? If they are using customer feedback for a store as a gauge then why would that not work for Costco. To answer your question though I have always felt that Costco has higher quality products. But that is neither here nor there, I am just trying to get people to take a minute to sign onto Costco.com and give them feedback. All I get is why this will not work. I say again why would it work for Trader Joes or any other restaurant that I have seem people backing on this site in the last few years. Do all of you own stock in Sams and do not want the competition. Did you think that having a Costco in the area might bring down Sams prices?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Gracie this is exactly what I was talking about, I am not interested in debating the pros and cons of either, I shopped at both when they were available. I am interested in seeing one here. How does Trader Joe determine whether it would be profitable? If they are using customer feedback for a store as a gauge then why would that not work for Costco. To answer your question though I have always felt that Costco has higher quality products. But that is neither here nor there, I am just trying to get people to take a minute to sign onto Costco.com and give them feedback. All I get is why this will not work. I say again why would it work for Trader Joes or any other restaurant that I have seem people backing on this site in the last few years. Do all of you own stock in Sams and do not want the competition. Did you think that having a Costco in the area might bring down Sams prices?
Nope. Neither one. I just have a bit of marketing experience in my background and know that the pie can't be split too many ways. They base their decision on the demographics of the place. You watch, Quill, when we get a little bigger we will have Costco too.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Default whisper2

good idea - thanks for info!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
To answer your question though I have always felt that Costco has higher quality products.
I completely agree. In my experience, Costco has seemed to offer higher quality products. I've also noticed better prices than Sam's. By the way, I'm also formerly from an area that had not only Costco, but also Sam's and even BJ's in relatively close proximity.

As for demographics, it seems to me that, relative to other areas with similar population, this is an area densely populated with people with a relatively good amount of disposible income, probably more stable sources of income and are beyond a point where they're spending it all on their children. I know a Costco would thrive here.

To answer your request, Quill, I've done it before and I'll do it again; I'll make another request on the Costco website.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Sage

I would suspect Costco may be more interested in locating in this area once we approach buildout. I think a site along SR44 near to the extension of Morse would locate them near enough to Leesburg to take advantage of that population yet be close enough to be convenient to TV. Despite the anticipated population of more than 100K villagers, I think Costco wants an industrial/commercial base upon which to draw as well. Also, the connection of Morse to the Turnpike may facilitate supplying a new location along with the Orlando locations.

Maybe a little bit of wishful thinking on my part.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Gold member

I did write and heard back. Basically thanked me for my business and told were passing my email on to their real estate division.
Guess they'll miss the 21K purchased on their American Express card every year.
Sams uses Discover, yecch.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Does anyone know the quickest way to Costco in Altamonte Springs.
Thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Default NO Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
One can make a number of assumption concerning Costco decision. The economy is down, prices up and the main demographic are retirees. Add to that Sam's club is established and one can see whythey would not want to compete. i am satisified with Sam's
Sams Club?? NO Way they compete with Costco. Maybe they compete with BJs or Walmart but not Costco. Consumer Reports just said Costco is the number one retail store in the USA. We hv to join Sams for now but can not wait til Costco comes here. We still drive to Orlando just to go to Costco.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannieb View Post
Does anyone know the quickest way to Costco in Altamonte Springs.
Thanks.
I don't know if it's the quickest, but we take 441 to 436 to Altamonte Springs. I think Costco is off 434 south of 436 at the corner of Orange Ave.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:22 AM

I use my GPS and go up the Turnpike to Orlando. It's right off the turnpike.
It would be great if they did have one by the new town square off 44
Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2278 View Post
I use my GPS and go up the Turnpike to Orlando. It's right off the turnpike.
It would be great if they did have one by the new town square off 44
Is that the Costco in Altamonte Springs or the one in South Orlando near the airport? Or do you connect to I-4 and go north to 436?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.