Grand Canyon rafting pics anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
jerseygirl13
Default Grand Canyon rafting pics anyone?

Talk host (and anybody else who remembers), I talked about going on this trip the end of August. Spent 8 days, 7 nights in the canyon, 23 campers, 5 staff - all on 2 pontoon rafts, sleeping under the stars, great food, beautiful scenery, freezing cold river, 2 days of rain, awesome rapids, 90 degrees after dark, saw no rattle snakes or scorpions (I didn't personally), , nobody got hurt or sick, made great friendships, life changing experience.

Anyway, I have posted some of my pictures and there are some from others. If interested, here's the site: www.picasaweb.google.com/G.C.Rafting.82307
The slideshows are great. You can find a picture of me under the caption, "Terry Trotta", and picture # 45 and 54. I'm the blonde with glasses, red frames, with my friend Terry. If time allows, look at all the pictures we took on the trip, unbelievably spectacular.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Grand Canyon rafting pics anyone?

Our pooch got me up at 4:00 AM and gave me a chance to look at your pics. Awesome time obviously. Gods portraits of mother earth for sure. Former co-workers used to say that was the prettiest place on earth to fly over too.

Steve
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl13
Talk host (and anybody else who remembers), I talked about going on this trip the end of August. Spent 8 days, 7 nights in the canyon, 23 campers, 5 staff - all on 2 pontoon rafts, sleeping under the stars, great food, beautiful scenery, freezing cold river, 2 days of rain, awesome rapids, 90 degrees after dark, saw no rattle snakes or scorpions (I didn't personally), , nobody got hurt or sick, made great friendships, life changing experience.

Anyway, I have posted some of my pictures and there are some from others. If interested, here's the site: www.picasaweb.google.com/G.C.Rafting.82307
The slideshows are great. You can find a picture of me under the caption, "Terry Trotta", and picture # 45 and 54. I'm the blonde with glasses, red frames, with my friend Terry. If time allows, look at all the pictures we took on the trip, unbelievably spectacular.
Wow, what great fun. It makes me want to do it too. Thanks for sharing the photos. TOTV is a great place to do that. I really enjoyed them.

JLK
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage

Awesome! Thanks for sharing them.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

looks like a great time!! did one down a portion of the snake river 20 years ago or so. always said i was going to do another one sometime, but, never did, as i am sure many of us understand. the only bad thing about making plans, is, that life gets in the way!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 AM
jerseygirl13

Glad y'all enjoyed the pictures. There are alot there to view. The slideshow feature works great. It was def. a life changing experience. And, anybody can do this trip. Several retired folks in their late 70's on the trip. Did you see the pictures of the kids? There was a brave Dad with 4 kids, ages 8-12 on the trip. The hardest part was bathing in the freezing cold river, and dealing with sunblock lathered all over you the entire time. Oh, and did I mention you have to sleep in a sleeping bag under the majestic skies?? Only once did I not sleep well. F16: Heard there was a mid air collision over the canyon in the mid '60's and since then, no jets can fly over the canyon. Also, helicopter and small plane traffic has been mostly denied, for obvious reasons. Thought you'd be interested in that tid bit.

p.s. Hello to Susan, Ft. Lauderdale, a future TVer also.Hope your'e reading this thread.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Don't mean to sound stupid, but who do you look at the pictures as a slide show? Couldn't find the button. :dontknow:
Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Those are awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing them. I've been there several times but only looking down from around the rim, I've never had the courage to climb down inside. Love that place!

Beltlady, just click on one of the pictures, then you'll see the slideshow option.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.