Some input needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Sage
Default Some input needed

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Imho

I would stay away from any high voltage wires or Telephone towers etc. when renting or purchasing. Anything related to RF emissions close by is a no-no for us. We have rejected many sites that are too close to wires. We have had too many friends negatively impacted by that type of interference and have done too much reading on the subject to have it as part of our surroundings. Down the road it could impact resales as more and more of the general population become more aware of the impact. FYI here is a link with some info and one of the questions is "What is a safe distance?".

Frequently Asked Questions: EMF Shielding

LW888
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I would stay away from any high voltage wires or Telephone towers etc. when renting or purchasing. Anything related to RF emissions close by is a no-no for us. We have rejected many sites that are too close to wires. We have had too many friends negatively impacted by that type of interference and have done too much reading on the subject to have it as part of our surroundings. Down the road it could impact resales as more and more of the general population become more aware of the impact. FYI here is a link with some info and one of the questions is "What is a safe distance?".

Frequently Asked Questions: EMF Shielding

LW888
......... ........ IMHO. >>> STAY AWAY from High Voltage <<<
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Sage

Old 01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Sage

Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

You're Welcome. I appreciate the fact that you are aware enough to ask the question! As more people become aware of what is going on around us, then the more chance there is that perhaps it will make a difference in the policies that are enacted that affect us all. So often the short term gain is so short sighted.......but don't get me going on that! I am grateful that the internet is so accessible for us and that we can get the info so easily. Hopefully the next generation will continue to seek the solutions to the EMF challenge.

FYI I have included a link to a researcher's site that I have talked to since before he had an internet site. I wear and use his products for EMF personal protection and can vouch for their effectiveness.

Crystal Catalyst Bead, EMF Protection, EMF Jewelry, Protection Jewelry

LW888
Old 01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have heard that people wanted to avoid overhead wires but had not read anything like the link before.

It sounds like something that COULD be a way for that company posting it to make money.

Sceptical is not always bad you know.

Always keep an open mind.

I think this area is up for debate and harm coming from high voltage wires has yet to be proven.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-30-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Skeptical is always good

and you can be assured that when we first heard about the possibility of problems with the proliferation of EMF interference we were VERY skeptical. However, over the past 30+ years we have worked both personally and professionally with many many people in this field and even now we are still learning more and more daily about the effects of all these assaults on our human makeup. We even talk about being "off" or "not feeling ourself" or feeling ungrounded. All those feelings just indicate that our own EMF is being thrown off for some reason because we are all electro-magnetic beings. I think I better get off my soap box. I keep forgetting that I am not at work and it's not my job to educate especially when I haven't been asked! I apologize if I have offended anyone.

LW888
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
and you can be assured that when we first heard about the possibility of problems with the proliferation of EMF interference we were VERY skeptical. However, over the past 30+ years we have worked both personally and professionally with many many people in this field and even now we are still learning more and more daily about the effects of all these assaults on our human makeup. We even talk about being "off" or "not feeling ourself" or feeling ungrounded. All those feelings just indicate that our own EMF is being thrown off for some reason because we are all electro-magnetic beings. I think I better get off my soap box. I keep forgetting that I am not at work and it's not my job to educate especially when I haven't been asked! I apologize if I have offended anyone.

LW888
And I sincerely apologize if I have offended you. I think that there are enough people who are certain that high voltage wires do harm that it could impact the value of property and It would be wise to avoid those areas. Fortunately almost all areas that I have seen in TV have underground wires although ground is a conductor for electricity too.

There is much lately written about cell phones and brain cancer but nothing proven as far as I have read. I do have to go on record that I see absolutely no value in the "magnetic" bracelets that some folks wear. I feel strongly if I had ten of them on, I would NOT get a yard more distance with my driver.

But you are right. Our brains are electrical. Who knows what could harm them.

I see that you feel strongly about this subject and I will make sure to read as much as I can on it. I respect you and your views very much.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have heard that people wanted to avoid overhead wires but had not read anything like the link before.

It sounds like something that COULD be a way for that company posting it to make money.

Sceptical is not always bad you know.

Always keep an open mind.
I have to agree with you. I didn't find the information there anywhere near as helpful as what I found when I previously researching this. My house is over 1/10th of a mile (just under two football fields away) and what I gathered from the searching is that the RF disapates quite significantly to a fraction of it's original level that it left me feeling comfortable with it. Or at least I haven't glowed in the dark yet! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Gracie, I too avoid magnetic bracelets,

although my reason is that over the years I have gained more and more respect for the power of magnets. A fellow practitioner wore one for a while when they were very popular and she over a few months she started to notice that she was feeling "strange". When she stopped wearing the bracelet things got better but it took her about 6 months to get back to a stable EMF. I also don't like the Magnetic beds for the same reason. Our EMF balance is delicate but our noticing skills are often very untrained and we often have to get waaaay out of balance before we start to notice. Our lexicon for feelings is so limited even though our experience of feelings is vast. Most people feel OK, which can cover many feelings. But that too is another subject!

BTW you didn't offend me at all. I just felt a need to expound a bit. I'm up here in the cold, trying to delay posting the fall entries, and wishing I were down in TV.

LW888
Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

LW888
Saw a segment on the Today Show a year or so ago about folks that were concerned about living in areas with high tension wires and EMF. They started their own community that wouldn't even allow visitors to carry cell phones or any other battery operated devices. If EMF is that much of a concern, you might want to check it out.
I've spent a good part of my career working in a nuclear plant. i'm still here...
BTW...my 2nd career is selling snake oil...anyone interested in some?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Saw a segment on the Today Show a year or so ago about folks that were concerned about living in areas with high tension wires and EMF. They started their own community that wouldn't even allow visitors to carry cell phones or any other battery operated devices. If EMF is that much of a concern, you might want to check it out.
I've spent a good part of my career working in a nuclear plant. i'm still here...
BTW...my 2nd career is selling snake oil...anyone interested in some?
Sign me up for a case!

BTW, If I'm figuring where the nuclear plant is correctly, did you know a Harwin Rice who worked there? (metallurgist) He's a long time friend who retired around 15 years ago or more and now reside in TX. PM me if you did!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.