Illegal dumping

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default Illegal dumping

From the VCDD; would be nice, if it is illegal, if people would have been fined for the dumping. 😡😡

VCDD Logo e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 10/16/2017

It is both illegal and unauthorized for residents or the general public to place yard debris or trash on government owned property including Postal Facilities, Recreation Centers or other common areas.

For the safety and welfare of the community, please adhere to the law and do not illegally dispose of items. Law enforcement does have the ability to issue citations if an individual violates the following Florida State Statute;

2017 Florida State Statutes; 403.413 Florida Litter Law.—

(4) DUMPING LITTER PROHIBITED.—Unless otherwise authorized by law or permit, it is unlawful for any person to dump litter in any manner or amount:
(a) In or on any public highway, road, street, alley, or thoroughfare, including any portion of the right-of-way thereof, or any other public lands, except in containers or areas lawfully provided therefor. When any litter is thrown or discarded from a motor vehicle, the operator or owner of the motor vehicle, or both, shall be deemed in violation of this section.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:32 PM

Ok, we heard enough about the dumping.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Well, early this morning I took a walk up to the Pinellas Postal facility and it seems some scoundrel dumped a big bag of yard debris.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
"we" or "we've"? Maybe you're not tired of seeing illegal trash dumped at the rec centers and postal stations, but, a lot of us are. I suppose the ones of us that keep clean homes and yards are the people that hate to see it the most versus the people that don't. Everything looks so nice until you see those piles of
sh!t that the privileged/entitled have dumped.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
From the VCDD; would be nice, if it is illegal, if people would have been fined for the dumping. ������������

VCDD Logo e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers

It is both illegal and unauthorized for residents or the general public to place yard debris or trash on government owned property including Postal Facilities, Recreation Centers or other common areas.

For the safety and welfare of the community, please adhere to the law and do not illegally dispose of items. Law enforcement does have the ability to issue citations if an individual violates the following Florida State Statute;

2017 Florida State Statutes; 403.413 Florida Litter Law.—

(4) DUMPING LITTER PROHIBITED.—Unless otherwise authorized by law or permit, it is unlawful for any person to dump litter in any manner or amount:
(a) In or on any public highway, road, street, alley, or thoroughfare, including any portion of the right-of-way thereof, or any other public lands, except in containers or areas lawfully provided therefor. When any litter is thrown or discarded from a motor vehicle, the operator or owner of the motor vehicle, or both, shall be deemed in violation of this section.
Ok, how many people remember the song/movie “Alice’s Restaurant”? Their adventures all began by illegal dumping. Maybe we can get Arlo Guthrie to write a song about illegal dumping in The Villages!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
"we" or "we've"? Maybe you're not tired of seeing illegal trash dumped at the rec centers and postal stations, but, a lot of us are. I suppose the ones of us that keep clean homes and yards are the people that hate to see it the most versus the people that don't. Everything looks so nice until you see those piles of
sh!t that the privileged/entitled have dumped.
In my opinion, if we added up all the debris from the storm and added up all the debris, whatever it is, blown off trailers and backs of pick up trucks from our landscape companies, I believe the landscape litterers would be higher. What we need is more law enforcement on these guys to cover their debris when travelling through our counties. As we drive down our beautiful roads through the villages we see it all the time. Then someone has to be paid to pick it up. If their is no law, we have to make one. As for our residents dropping off the debris, everyone wants their yards to look beautiful and the time it took, for whatever reason, for the storm debris to be picked up made residents disgusted with the service. Everyone should be back to putting out their landscape debris on the day of pick up.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Gold member
Default Fairly certain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
that if you've heard enough you don't have to read about it.

We've heard enough about people complaining about complaining.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Drat. I thought I was going to be enjoying another dog poop thread.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Platinum member

Pile of yard debris in plastic bags left on the corner of a street on Bailey Trail in St Charles. 3 plastic bags +. Bad enough they dumped but the plastic bags won't be picked up by debris people. Hopefully reg trash guys pick it up. Also bag of "something" left in tunnel at Seabreeze. Bag of "something" left in gutter on O'Dell. Really ruined my ride to golf this morning.
Dumping seems to be getting out of hand and not just hurricane debris. Pet poop bags left in gutters, fast food wrappers and drink cups being left or thrown onto green public areas
and the "birds" are not here to blame. How do we get a handle on it?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

I'm noticing the increase of "littler" in our beautiful community. I've already parked my golf cart on a side street, and walked out onto Odel Circle to pick up a large plastic cup that was on the grass about 2' away from the gutter. I passed that cup for about a week and just had to pick it up. I used to say this community was as pristine as Disney World. Not now but I have hopes we can get back to normal eventually.

My thoughts are that there is such an influx of "workers" in our community with the storm clean up, they don't have an invested interest to keep our neighborhood looking beautiful. Hence.....litter along the roadways.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I pick up small trash all the time. I am reluctant to pick up beer cans or liquor bottles due to open container laws. If you don't like it pick it up. I have ask? By now trash service should be restored to all areas in villages? Why are people still doing this, plus I don't think I ever seen trash truck stopping or pulling in postal stations or I haven't noticed it. So the OP has good question IMO.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Deep breaths. This too shall pass. We haven't ever been in the direct line of a Hurricane before in THE VILLAGES. We survived. No one was hurt. Most people acted like the good thinking, responsible people that are the majority of folks who live here.

We will always have young visitors, vacationers, SOME contractors, and senior's who don't care about anyone but themselves throwing stuff down.

It makes me want to bite. I love this usually pristine place that we all chose to enjoy.

There are always SOME.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Pile of yard debris in plastic bags left on the corner of a street on Bailey Trail in St Charles. 3 plastic bags +. Bad enough they dumped but the plastic bags won't be picked up by debris people. Hopefully reg trash guys pick it up. Also bag of "something" left in tunnel at Seabreeze. Bag of "something" left in gutter on O'Dell. Really ruined my ride to golf this morning.
Dumping seems to be getting out of hand and not just hurricane debris. Pet poop bags left in gutters, fast food wrappers and drink cups being left or thrown onto green public areas
and the "birds" are not here to blame. How do we get a handle on it?
I believe a number of birds have returned. The ones that migrate just for the summer...the squares are busier, the roads are busier, and the pools are busier.

I enjoyed the summer. No people talking on cell phone at pool, while having their phone on speaker...no having to dart off the edge of street into someone's yard when walking the dog, to avoid being run over by a car or cart that is unwilling to move over to the empty lane...the carts parked 5 deep on the trail because all the parking is full at the putting range...

More baby sitters needed for the birds!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

VCDD Logo e-Notification

Wow.............didn't realize that gum wrapper into the trash can would be a violation.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

VCDD Logo e-Notification

Wow.............didn't realize that gum wrapper into the trash can would be a violation.
Sorry - but on this site you really have to ask.... tell me you know that is not what they are talking about. And if you do know why would you joke about areas of the Villages being trashed?

I believe they mean the YARD WASTE DUMPED AT VETERANS PARK and other common areas. Why would any decent person do that! Really? Veterans' Memorial Park? Who ever did that.... is a LOW LIFE!
Closed Thread

Tags
litter, public, law, illegal, including

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.