Illegal dumping

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Sorry - but on this site you really have to ask.... tell me you know that is not what they are talking about. And if you do know why would you joke about areas of the Villages being trashed?

I believe they mean the YARD WASTE DUMPED AT VETERANS PARK and other common areas. Why would any decent person do that! Really? Veterans' Memorial Park? Who ever did that.... is a LOW LIFE!
It states "you" can not put trash on Gov't owned property. Silly statement. Highlighting the silliness of the statement.

Take a deep breath and smile.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Sage

Go to the Amelia mail station....you will see tucked in a corner of the parking lot about 12 yard refuse bags. Still there this morning. I don't know who thinks it's o.k. to do this and who will applaud this type of behavior. Think about it..what if we did that to "your" yard??? Just because it was inconvenient in our minds to have them cluttering up in "ours"??
Old 10-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It states "you" can not put trash on Gov't owned property. Silly statement. Highlighting the silliness of the statement.

Take a deep breath and smile.
I find myself taking a lot of deep breaths lately. I don't smile as much (when discussing the Villages) as I did when I moved here in '04. You did read about Yard Waste left at Veterans Park? They had to place "No Dog Waste" signs on the trash cans at Postal Stations. Have you ever seen household garbage left at postal stations because the people were leaving? I have! The pictures in the news not only showed hurricane and yard waste being left at Rec. centers.... but in HANDICAPPED parking spots.

And you think the statement was SILLY? You are entitled to your opinion. Have a good day.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I find myself taking a lot of deep breaths lately. I don't smile as much (when discussing the Villages) as I did when I moved here in '04. You did read about Yard Waste left at Veterans Park? They had to place "No Dog Waste" signs on the trash cans at Postal Stations. Have you ever seen household garbage left at postal stations because the people were leaving? I have! The pictures in the news not only showed hurricane and yard waste being left at Rec. centers.... but in HANDICAPPED parking spots.

And you think the statement was SILLY? You are entitled to your opinion. Have a good day.
Yesterday was my day to be irritable. This ain't like you, Bud.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:

Smiles are great..............Hope you can find some soon.

I always think of the movie, Elf........."Smiling is one of my favorites."

Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Platinum member
Question Government property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
From the VCDD; would be nice, if it is illegal, if people would have been fined for the dumping. 😡😡

VCDD Logo e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 10/16/2017

It is both illegal and unauthorized for residents or the general public to place yard debris or trash on government owned property including Postal Facilities, Recreation Centers or other common areas.

For the safety and welfare of the community, please adhere to the law and do not illegally dispose of items. Law enforcement does have the ability to issue citations if an individual violates the following Florida State Statute;

2017 Florida State Statutes; 403.413 Florida Litter Law.—

(4) DUMPING LITTER PROHIBITED.—Unless otherwise authorized by law or permit, it is unlawful for any person to dump litter in any manner or amount:
(a) In or on any public highway, road, street, alley, or thoroughfare, including any portion of the right-of-way thereof, or any other public lands, except in containers or areas lawfully provided therefor. When any litter is thrown or discarded from a motor vehicle, the operator or owner of the motor vehicle, or both, shall be deemed in violation of this section.
I confess to confusion about this posting. I was under the impression that the Recreation Centers, Common Areas, etc., were the private property of the Developer, so not "public lands" and not covered by portion of the law cited.

The CDDs and the VCDD are special taxing districts, not actual parts of the government so the Rec Centers, etc. are not public lands. Or have I missed something?

THIS is the part of the law which should have been posted:

(c) In or on any private property, unless prior consent of the owner has been given and unless the dumping of such litter by such person will not cause a public nuisance or otherwise be in violation of any other state or local law, rule, or regulation.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Again, I'll make one more comment. I know most of the villagers do not like people dumping there brush, etc. at the Rec. Centers and postal pickups (and I agree with this). But, someone should get of there butts and pick this stuff up. Its been six weeks. I know The Villages is waiting for FEMA. But, we pay a monthly charge for this. They have always picked up on Wednesdays. I live in Buttonwood and everyone here has been very patient. Several have put our weekly bags of brush out. It was not picked up yesterday. Is the Villages going to reimburse FMA from our monthly amenities? I blame the Villages for this. If it doesn't get picked up there will be more brush and bags dumped off.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Again, I'll make one more comment. I know most of the villagers do not like people dumping there brush, etc. at the Rec. Centers and postal pickups (and I agree with this). But, someone should get of there butts and pick this stuff up. Its been six weeks. I know The Villages is waiting for FEMA. But, we pay a monthly charge for this. They have always picked up on Wednesdays. I live in Buttonwood and everyone here has been very patient. Several have put our weekly bags of brush out. It was not picked up yesterday. Is the Villages going to reimburse FMA from our monthly amenities? I blame the Villages for this. If it doesn't get picked up there will be more brush and bags dumped off.
Buttonwood is in District 8. Districts 7 and 8 have not had their normal yard waste pick up resumed as of yesterday. The homeowners who put their yard waste out this week should pay attention to the district website, better yet sign up for informative emails sent by the district.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 10-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Have you ever seen household garbage left at postal stations because the people were leaving? I have! The pictures in the news not only showed hurricane and yard waste being left at Rec. centers.... but in HANDICAPPED parking spots.
There is no excuse for polluting our beautiful Villages.
Leaving yard waste at Postal Stations and Rec Centers is pure selfishness and disrespectful.
Leaving yard waste in handicapped parking spots -- what a lowlife move.
However this too shall pass, and hopefully TV will return to pristine conditions.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Buttonwood is in District 8. Districts 7 and 8 have not had their normal yard waste pick up resumed as of yesterday. The homeowners who put their yard waste out this week should pay attention to the district website, better yet sign up for informative emails sent by the district.

I agree. Its called personal responsibility.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There is no excuse for polluting our beautiful Villages.
Leaving yard waste at Postal Stations and Rec Centers is pure selfishness and disrespectful.
Leaving yard waste in handicapped parking spots -- what a lowlife move.
However this too shall pass, and hopefully TV will return to pristine conditions.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:

Who can put faith in what gets published regarding the schedules for pickups? I live in the St James village and last Wednesday they were on schedule and picked up the yard clippings. This week, nothing. Since this has nothing to do with storm debris and is the garbage collectors doing the pickup, why the prolonged hit or miss schedule? I don't think I received a credit on the amenity billing. Maybe they were diverted to storm debris duties????
Old 10-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeadow View Post
Who can put faith in what gets published regarding the schedules for pickups? I live in the St James village and last Wednesday they were on schedule and picked up the yard clippings. This week, nothing. Since this has nothing to do with storm debris and is the garbage collectors doing the pickup, why the prolonged hit or miss schedule? I don't think I received a credit on the amenity billing. Maybe they were diverted to storm debris duties????
I can't answer who it was that picked up yard clippings. I can tell you that the district has not announced resuming yard debris collection in your district 8. The company that was picking up storm debris in district 8 was Shepards Landscaping from Belleview. They were in your Village last week, it is possible they were the crew that picked up your yard clippings.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I can't answer who it was that picked up yard clippings. I can tell you that the district has not announced resuming yard debris collection in your district 8. The company that was picking up storm debris in district 8 was Shepards Landscaping from Belleview. They were in your Village last week, it is possible they were the crew that picked up your yard clippings.
It was the normal compactor truck at the normal time.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

OK, read post#27.
Compose your complaints and your wonderful ideas how you think you could have done everything so much better.......and send it in.

Tags
litter, public, law, illegal, including

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.