Do you or anybody you know own a Segway?

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Default Do you or anybody you know own a Segway?

I was interested in buying one but wanted to talk to somebody who owns one to see how they like it, They are so much fun. I took a Segway tour on Sumter landing and it was a great time. I just want to talk to somebody who have had theirs for a while to see if the honeymoon ever ends.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Default segway tours

I don't own one, but just this past Aug. took a tour on one in WDW. We rode them on trails thru Fort Wilderness and the grounds around Wilderness Lodge. It was a blast. These were off road versions with wide low inflation knobby tires. Segway also makes a golfers version with turf tires and golf bag bracket. I talked with the guides at WDW and they give them a thumbs up for dependability. If I ever get to TV , I would like to have one Segway in my garage next to my motorcycle and golf car.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Gold member

if one is able to, walking or riding a bike is better for your health (and your wallets health).
Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanas View Post
I was interested in buying one but wanted to talk to somebody who owns one to see how they like it, They are so much fun. I took a Segway tour on Sumter landing and it was a great time. I just want to talk to somebody who have had theirs for a while to see if the honeymoon ever ends.
We own 2 Segway XT's. The off road models. We bought them 3 years ago to take in the Motor home to campgrounds. They are great. If you want, PM your phone # and I'll give you a call and answer your questions.
Bob
Old 10-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Please give us a synopsis of your questions and answers here so we call can learn?

Much appreciated.

I'm interested in a Segway also.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Smile Segway

This Tony is also interested in the world of Segway.

Tony C
Old 10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Default Sunshine Sedgway.

Don't know if this means anything but I saw this thread the other day. Lo and behold as I went down 441 in Ocala, I spotted a place called Sunshine Sedgway. Small World. I guess they'd be in the Marion County Buisness phone book.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 AM

That who has been doing the tours in the villages, I guess they have the Villages and MArion county. Toby is great to work with.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words Cabanas,
Old 11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Default Segway Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanas View Post
Yes, I have a Segway and love it. It's certainly easier and cheaper than driving a car/truck to jump onto the Segway and scoot down to the pool for a dip and then over to pickup the mail, heading back home afterward enjoying the FL sunshine and the breezes obtained riding at 12 mph. Honeymoon hasn't ended yet!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Veteran member

Here is an interesting Segway for the highend user..

http://www.ferraristore.com/e-shop.d...ategory_id,46/
Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 AM

I have seen that one.. there is so many ways to customize them these days... Go Canes.. My husband has been a season ticket holder for years.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Location: Fortuna, CA, Antioch, CA Pleasanton, CA, the Village of St. Charles.
Default Don't own one, BUT

My wife and I were just in Fl. in Oct and took a tour around Epcot on Segways. Total blast! We had tried them a few years ago at WDW and found them very easy to get on and ride. Really very intuitive, just lean the way you want to go and your off. We stayed a night in Mt. Dora in Oct. and saw a Segway tour of town for $40 each. We had so much fun in WDW we went for it. Tour lasted about 2 hours and we rode all over beautiful Mt. Dora with a great guide (older guy and I already forgot his name). Had a really good time and got to ride on varied terrain and up and down hills and various surfaces. If you want to try a Segway, drive over to Mt. dora for the day and take the ride.
Then we made the mistake of coming to the villages for a 3 day tour. Big mistake. We have spent the last few weeks figuring out how we can move from CA and buy a Segway to ride around TV.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Default Facination

I am facinated that every time I come to this site I get so excited about the life at TV. I also saw that segways at EPCOT the first year they used them.

Counting the days til we can come back and nourish our dreams about TV.!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM

Sunshine segway in Ocala does tours and rentals in the villages. the tours are done on a reservation basis, we called and told her we had 6 people who wanted to take a tour and she came down and gave us a lesson and took us around LSL. Toby had also said since we took the tour and shown that we are competent riders that we could rent them for the day anytime we wanted. Im thinking about riding them in the christmas parade. Im sure if you called her and let her know you have taken other tours she would rent them to you as well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.