I’m Over It!

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 07:16 AM

Yes entitled is a great word for the Villagers. They also dont care about playing with peaoples lives or theirs. Why would i have a service call at this time because my light is out in my refrigerator or in my microwave or my ref. is making noise, my dishwasher does not clean properly. Really so that is worth having a tech out to your home that has been to maybe 10 other homes oh yes they are taking protective steps like they wear gloves it might be tha same gloves they have been wearing for the entire day because their company is not supplying them. Wake up and get a Life...
Old 04-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

be careful it is possible to overdose on Kool-aid. Results are tunnel vision
Old 04-03-2020, 07:31 AM

Stop this already ate you in grade school?!!
Old 04-03-2020, 07:41 AM

I actually laughed when reading the initial post and then the comments. Who needs any other entertainment??
Old 04-03-2020, 07:41 AM

If you act like an entitled person - guess what - you are an entitled person. This virus is serious - people are dying and fighting for their lives - healthcare workers putting their lives on the line - while SOME villagers partying at the square - worrying about playing golf and if their amenity fees should be reduced. What does that sound like when they should be self isolating and practicing social distancing! Sounds like YOU may be one even making the statements you did.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:45 AM

You've got to be kidding me.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis s View Post
Yes entitled is a great word for the Villagers. They also dont care about playing with peaoples lives or theirs. Why would i have a service call at this time because my light is out in my refrigerator or in my microwave or my ref. is making noise, my dishwasher does not clean properly. Really so that is worth having a tech out to your home that has been to maybe 10 other homes oh yes they are taking protective steps like they wear gloves it might be tha same gloves they have been wearing for the entire day because their company is not supplying them. Wake up and get a Life...
Luis? Are you angry at all of us? I doubt few are calling your company to have their refrigerator lights replaced yesterday or today. If you are still being called by the owner of your company to do these things and you feel you are endangering others or being endangered, I am sure you can choose to refuse to go. Me and mine know how to fix lights in our refrigerator or know to do without in a pandemic. Most of us don't deserve for you to say to us, "Wake up and get a life". I think you are just scared like we all are.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 AM

If you are not guilty, move on. Why worry about it?? If you behave in a way that shows you are not more important than anyone else, ignore the comments. I have seen this behavior from many residents of The Villages. I have seen people cut in lines, cut off drivers, treat people rudely because they cannot do what they want to do, abuse amenities, disregard guidelines and rules, and I can go on and on. I know I don’t do any of those things so, calling me any of those names, does not bother me because I know who I am. But, you cannot disagree that there are more entitled people living here than we all like. If I am guilty of being entitled, I always tell the people with whom I associate most to call me on it. If and when they do, I apologize and change my behavior. I appreciate everything The Villages has to offer and feel blessed that I am able to live here. So again, if you behave well, move on and continue and maybe more people will model your behavior.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:59 AM

Lets play a game. All that call each other names pick up a rock. Go in front of a mirror. Now look in the mirror and throw the rock. What happened. Those that think they live in a glass house should not throw rocks. Speak nicely of your brother and sister for what you say about them you say about my Father in Heaven. In these tough times please show the compassion That Christ did to all those that crossed his path. Remember Easter is coming and the most glorious day ever. He rose from the dead after dying for all of our sins and still asking GOD to forgive us. AMEN
Old 04-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
If you are not guilty, move on. Why worry about it?? If you behave in a way that shows you are not more important than anyone else, ignore the comments. I have seen this behavior from many residents of The Villages. I have seen people cut in lines, cut off drivers, treat people rudely because they cannot do what they want to do, abuse amenities, disregard guidelines and rules, and I can go on and on. I know I don’t do any of those things so, calling me any of those names, does not bother me because I know who I am. But, you cannot disagree that there are more entitled people living here than we all like. If I am guilty of being entitled, I always tell the people with whom I associate most to call me on it. If and when they do, I apologize and change my behavior. I appreciate everything The Villages has to offer and feel blessed that I am able to live here. So again, if you behave well, move on and continue and maybe more people will model your behavior.
I was born and will die wondering WHY people do the things they do and say the things they say. Certainly the patient ones, the forgiving ones, the responsible ones, are considered, by some to be more valuable. But what if we are born with more or less empathy, more or less feelings for others, more or less intelligence, more or less "common sense"? I think there is more to that theory than we thought before. I don't throw out free choice, but we all weren't dealt the same hand. As I age, I become more progressive AND more traditional in my thoughts. I have lived long enough to see children grow up and even with the best parents, go through life making one foolish decision after the other. I have watched children I taught who had every reason to fail in life, become remarkable successes. I watched my own kids emerge from birth with a personality they have kept for fifty years. It is always interesting to me, why people are the way they are. I am still glad I smacked my kids when they needed it. But I wonder just how much difference it made. They may have just got all the genetic good stuff from their dad and that is why they are good people.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Just off the cuff...does anyone know if there is a website that discloses the addresses of those unfortunate folks who had had the virus, or better yet, those who currently have it. I'm sure that would reduce walking, biking, and golf cart traffic in those areas. It would be nice to know where not to go, now that the Covid-19 virus is believed to be airborne.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
So......what would you like to call those who do not adhere to the guidelines? Think of another word other than "entitled". OK.....GO!!!
What exactly are the guidelines? Aren’t they stay 6 feet away from someone else, wash your hands.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:21 AM

When I consider the restrictions being put on our lives I immediately think of "The Greatest Generation" who suffered through food rationing, limited gas supplies, growing Victory gardens to feed their families, hardships that lasted more than 30 days. Did they feel put out by their plight or did they realize how small their sacrifice was compared to tens of thousands dying around the world.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
I am privileged by skin color ---white, and education....
haha Now that's sad.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

pardon me for saying, but this is a very low-quality thread. all bickering, bored, locked-up-in-the-house blues
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, entitled, make, time, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.