I'm Scared

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2020, 07:01 AM

And we need to question that number as well. Be safe everyone but live well.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:19 AM
Sage

Have y'all noticed the way the headlines read? Take a look as they have the hook that reads something like this..."Cases of Covid Soar". Doctor's will tell you that each patient is a case....each test is a case, but they'll also say that the tests aren't reliable. At least that's the "news" that I've been hearing. Each time a person gets tested they're counted. Now for the deaths....did the patient actually die "from" Covid or did they die with it along with other issues? I stopped reading those articles long ago. IF you have issues then you know what to do about it. Don't go out where there "might" be crowds. IF you don't feel well, stay home.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
The numbers aren't accurate anyway. I have several friends who have tested positive 2 or 3 times in the last 10 days. Each of their tests counts as a "new case". I ignore these numbers and only concern myself with the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths, which are WAY DOWN.
Bill Gates is quoted as saying, 'The COVID data is all garbage.' I'm with Bill.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:52 AM

I am not ‘scared’ - throughout my life - I have lived with risks more severe than a virus. Even if COVID is eradicated- there will always be another virus, another threat/danger, another risk to your life out there (you can never escape death)! I am not ready to end my life and stay locked up with no human contact! I want to live and have purpose. I want to see and hear people laugh and enjoy life - I want to be there when people want to celebrate, I want to be there when people need a shoulder to cry on—— despite all the dangers that will *always* be lurking in the background. I moved to The Villages - because I felt people here have encountered many risks and potential threats in their lives and would face this risk with the same precautions and strengths that got them thru the risks they have encountered and battled for decades. If you want - stay locked up. But -please - show the same respect to those who choose living and are taking necessary precautions. YES - we can live our lives as humans - despite consistent threats - we have been doing that for decades and we are still here!!!! I do not want to stay locked up in my home - as a human, human interaction is critical to living. To me - being locked up with no human contact is only an expensive alternative to a coffin.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:54 AM

The majority have died of other causes. COVID maybe a secondary cause but
dr’s told to list C. as primary.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
The deception continues and we, like sheep, are willing participants.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
Edward R. Murrow.
Perhaps if you knew people who died of this disease you would take it more seriously. Sadly some people will deny it until it touches them or someone they love. I hope you never are in that situation, but to deny the seriousness of this worldwide pandemic is foolish and so hurtful to those who have lost a loved one to COVID-19.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

LOL! local google educated epidemiologist declares the professional testing services numbers inaccurate because he doesn't have enough rows on the in house abacus. Same epidemiologist declares the best course of action is to assume the ostrich position as the local ground is very sandy, therefore breathable. Best stick to golf strokes by hole with that abacus. And yes, a highly infectious respiratory disease within a very closed environment for a very long time should infect a very high proportion of the population, but then again, check on that medical research you have done in the past to be sure.

For all you google experts. . . Testing sites counts tests and publish test results. That's their job, they are professionals, but being run by humans, of which you are a member, they like you, make an occasional error. However, they being professionals, are much less likely to make a mistake than you are.

Hospitals count patients, That's their job, they are professionals, but being run by humans, of which you are a member, they like you, make an occasional error. However, they being professionals, are much less likely to make a mistake than you are.

So, wrong or inaccurate, nice ostrich position. each source has a different reporting point of view, and the two views have different interpretations, so learn the difference and respect their professional services. You can certainly decline medical services if you think the test results are accurate enough for your judgement.

Biases Make People Vulnerable to Misinformation Spread by Social Media - Scientific American just might be written by researchers with more expertise and information than you, but don't let facts and researchers influence your control over your 2,000 sq ft kingdom.

Monty Hall(?) "Lets make a deal" math problem, -> Contestant pick a door of 3. . . Contestant picks door, Monty offers a choice to switch, do you? If you can't explain the best probabilistic answer and why, you might want to think about your ability to criticize/judge testing counts versus patient counts.

You can go back and read some of my/our posts explaining the differences and why, as coachk does a medical system data analytics as a professional, trying to make a difference in your life's outcome, and for the doctors and the state and federal reporting, and the system design with work flows to get the data correct for the best outcome if you need medical services.

So, dismissing professional data and professional health services as inaccurate or wrong, because you asked your neighbor, a nurse, or a practicing doctor who is an expert in patient diagnostics, please, next time you are at the doctor, and he goes over your results, please volunteer that you know better than his education and experience. He will be all ears. . .

sportsguy
Old 11-25-2020, 08:25 AM
Default Cdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Repetition doesn't make it right. Following public health safety measures for the good of all doesn't make people sheep or risk a government of wolves. Apparently you don't care that over 250,000 Americans have died of COVID-19.
The CDCo just revised their quarantine days recommendation down to 7-10 days. REASON: people are more likely to comply! SCIENCE....NOT.
If you don’t feel good stay home and get medical action. If your out take whatever precautions you feel are necessary . Don’t rely on he government for help. They are only interested in themselves.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Yes - I was talking to an ER doc and they had a patient come in with a severe and potentially life-threatening fall. The patient was tested for COVID - because they were being hospitalized. They tested positive - absolutely NO symptoms, however. If they had died due to the fall - the Dr would have had to state cause of death COVID. Amazing!! Just to show that we have encountered and had to endure similar threats in the past - my mom died in 2009 during the H1N1 virus outbreak. She had COPD and we had to take her to ER one day. She died of respiratory complications - could have been a result of H1N1 - but not tested for it and not reflected on her death certificate.... you see - we have been battling similar risks to our lives for as long as we have been on earth and life continues for the vast majority!
Old 11-25-2020, 08:34 AM

Both of my neighbors got COVID this month. Both are in their early 70's. Both staunch mask wearers. Both are very active in this community. No idea where they got it. No one they have been around has contracted it. They hunkered down for the recommended time as the good citizens that they are. They said it was like a cold with a slight fever at the early stage. Both feel great now and are out doing yard work and golfing this week. Both said they have been through much worse sicknesses during their lives. Their take on this from experience now is that if your relatively healthy and get COVID you will do well and be fine. That if you are in poor health just as the health experts have been saying, STAY HOME.
Life is all about personal choices. Control yourself and do what is right and best for you.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:36 AM

One more story - I heard just yesterday- a couple went to get tested for COVID - they filled out the paper work and were waiting to have the tests done. The wait was long and they had to leave before having the test administered - due to another appointment. A week later - they received a letter stating that they both tested positive! I question the validity of all numbers being reported.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:47 AM

We all know people who die and can convey the same sentiments that you have expressed in your message - I know many who have died of cancer, stroke, heart attack, car accidents, crime..... please - it is not a competition - where those of us who know more people who have died are more virtuous. I may know more people who have died of cancer than you - does that make my message..... my thoughts on preventing cancer something I need to demand that you adhere to?????
Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 AM

We all know loved ones who die and can convey the same sentiments that you have expressed in your message - I know many who have died of cancer, stroke, heart attack, car accidents, crime..... please - it is not a competition - where those of us who know more people who have died are more virtuous. I may know more people who have died of cancer than you - does that make my message..... my thoughts on preventing cancer something I need to demand that you adhere to?????
Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
Reading the online paper today it was reported that there was a spike of 157 cases of Covid 19 in the Villages. Then I get my Leesburg Paper. The same reporter, reports that there is 125 new cases in the whole Tri County area. What happened to the other 37 cases? Wait it gets better. Then he reports that 94 of the cases are in Leesburg. As far as I know Leesburg is not part of the Villages.

I know I'm getting OLD but do these figures make sense to you??? Len
I don't believe that except fo the number of home and residents, any kind of numbers records are kept for The Villages. The number of Covid cases are reported for the three counties, and the various towns in which The Villages lays.

I would guess that the 157 and 125 number are for the combined three counties. As far as I know, none of The Villages lies in Leesburg. The Villages takes up space in Lady Lake, Wildwood and Fruitland Park.

I wonder if a number like 157 contains both the county and the city thereby doubling those numbers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:55 AM

I am surprised the numbers aren't greater and wouldn't be surprised if they fudge the numbers. Too many irresponsible and selfish people ignore the CDC guidelines, thus infecting those if us who sre doing the right things..
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, leesburg, reports, villages, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.