I'm Scared

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
Perhaps if you knew people who died of this disease you would take it more seriously. Sadly some people will deny it until it touches them or someone they love. I hope you never are in that situation, but to deny the seriousness of this worldwide pandemic is foolish and so hurtful to those who have lost a loved one to COVID-19.
I have an uncle that supposedly died of Covid-19. He was in the hospital for another infection. While there he fell and broke his hip. He was sent to rehabilitation where he was told that he tested positive for Covid. He died a few days later. He was 93 years old so it's possible that he simply died of natural causes.

My brother who is 61 tested positive as did his son. They are both fine. They've had minor cold like symptoms and are now fully recovered.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Repetition doesn't make it right. Following public health safety measures for the good of all doesn't make people sheep or risk a government of wolves. Apparently you don't care that over 250,000 Americans have died of COVID-19.
The hysteria over Covid 19 has been and continues to be created by the main stream media. Yes, over 250,000 people have reportedly died from Covid but have the really all died from this virus. John Hopkins University recently published an article titled “A Closer Look at U.S. deaths due to Covid 19. I trust John Hopkins as it is one of the best hospitals in the country if not the world and they have no political axe to grind and no agenda. The article pretty much states there has been no uptick in the percentage of deaths for any age group and especially seniors do to this virus. Meaning that the older people who have reportedly died from Covid would most likely have died from whatever underlying causes they may have had. You can find the article at jhunewsletter.com published Nov 22, 2020. We need to stop being lead by the noses by a news media that only cares about ratings and their agenda.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:10 AM

Fear is not good for your immune system. Stop reading about Covid stop watching the news take it seriously but if you live in fear your will surely get sick with something. If someone tests positive more than once it pads the numbers, hospitals everywhere get money for Covid deaths so the more the more money. Stay safe
Old 11-25-2020, 09:11 AM

We are living in age where people make things up to get attention. When your tested they ask for your phone number address, insurance information . People not being tested and getting phone calls that they tested positive, really ? I have been tested twice and both were negative .
Old 11-25-2020, 09:12 AM

kenoc7 Your post is a perfect example of the INTOLERANCE on display in today's America! The poster voiced disagreement with the restrictions (sometimes severe) being mandated by some in government. Your reply (""Apparently you don't care that over 250,000 Americans have died of COVID-19. "") was completely unnecessary and utterly unfair!
Old 11-25-2020, 09:28 AM

Those 250,000 did NOT all die from COVID! Do you know that in 2019 that there were over 3,000,000. deaths in this country????People die from a lot of different causes each year! We ALL are going to die at some point!!!
Old 11-25-2020, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I read about the 157 and was concerned

Then I realized that we play it safe

Take control, play it safe...we all know what to do
Old 11-25-2020, 09:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

If you want to hand your life over the the corrupt media and people who lie who wish to lead you by the nose to the slaughter, go right ahead. Do not expect me to follow. Show some guts.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:40 AM

I suspect that those waiting in line are checked in, and listed on a sheet(sequentially), and proceed to the tester(in line). But, when they unexpectedly depart the line, they are not crossed off the sheet (i.e. the checker isn't aware they left?), so the tester may be doing the swabs and recording them(sequentially)? Hence, the mix-ups? I'm not saying it's okay, but perhaps a flaw in procedure?
Old 11-25-2020, 09:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,059 Times in 528 Posts

All of you who don't wear masks, and think it's a hoax, and the numbers don't matter........ will care if you have a stroke or heart attack or get in a car wreck and there's no room for you at the hospital.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:02 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

I am not scarred.
I am not scarred because I do not believe any of the numbers have been accurate and are not accurate now. I dont expect them to ever be accurate. I believe the numbers to be highly overstated. Monitoring them constantly will make you crazy.

I do not believe ppl really know what they are talking about when speaking about the virus. It is very easy to misinterpret statistics.

Also, in case you do get sick, there are good medications available now just as there for all tbe other illnesses we might get.

I suggest you just take reasonable precautions and stay home or outside most of the time. Anxiety lowers your immune system. As does all negative thoughts. You might try bolstering your immune system by getting enough sleep, good nutrien, exercise, and keeping yourself on the “sunny side of the street”. Call/communicate with friends/family even if you choose not to see them. Wash your hands & face often.

When you do go into an indoor public space, take some personal precautions. I do wear a mask & plastic gloves when in grocery stores or similar situations but mostly bcs other ppl are upset. I have always taken precautions not to touch anything in public places for as long as I can remember. Never touch your face without washing your hands first.

Most or all of this you have heard before. It is nerve racking, but you are not alone.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,135 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
One more story - I heard just yesterday- a couple went to get tested for COVID - they filled out the paper work and were waiting to have the tests done. The wait was long and they had to leave before having the test administered - due to another appointment. A week later - they received a letter stating that they both tested positive! I question the validity of all numbers being reported.
I read that they consider you 'positive' if you filled out the papers without getting the test because you have to assume you had reasons to think you may have Covid if you wanted a test in the first place. It certainly doesn't represent facts, but I kinda get the logic.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
No wonder people are hoarding Popcorn and Toilet Paper.
Sounds painful
Old 11-25-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
The numbers aren't accurate anyway. I have several friends who have tested positive 2 or 3 times in the last 10 days. Each of their tests counts as a "new case". I ignore these numbers and only concern myself with the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths, which are WAY DOWN.
Are your friends ok? Quarantining?
Old 11-25-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
The hysteria over Covid 19 has been and continues to be created by the main stream media. Yes, over 250,000 people have reportedly died from Covid but have the really all died from this virus. John Hopkins University recently published an article titled “A Closer Look at U.S. deaths due to Covid 19. I trust John Hopkins as it is one of the best hospitals in the country if not the world and they have no political axe to grind and no agenda. The article pretty much states there has been no uptick in the percentage of deaths for any age group and especially seniors do to this virus. Meaning that the older people who have reportedly died from Covid would most likely have died from whatever underlying causes they may have had. You can find the article at jhunewsletter.com published Nov 22, 2020. We need to stop being lead by the noses by a news media that only cares about ratings and their agenda.
Those who ignore the lessons of history...... are doomed to repeat them. i prefer to err yo the dide of caution.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, leesburg, reports, villages, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.