I'm a TV wannabee because...

I'm a TV wannabee because...

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Thanks for the all the encouragement (even you, JohnN! We'll be there, never fear!). We were down in late January - began seriously looking at houses but haven't found the perfect match yet. We figure we have time and at this point can afford to wait for the right one (it will call to us, I'm sure!)

We won't be able to visit again for quite a while - we are planning trips to Cabo, Cancun and Hawaii at intervals this year, but our hearts are set on a move to TV as soon as we can retire!

In the meantime, this is a great resource for us and a way to live vicariously in TV!

I am a wanna Be
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Smile I am a wanna Be

I too am looking forward to coming to TV to live and not just to visit. We came down in Dec 2009 and really fell in love with it. We are renting a Villa in June for two weeks can't wait. We want to know what it is like to live in Florida in the summer. If I can handle the cold I am sure I can handle the heat.I hope we can meet some nice people when we are there... See you soon
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylncliff View Post
I wannabee in the sunshine, not gray skies ad infinitum...

I wannabee dancing every night, not just once a week...

I wannabee out in the yard every day of the year, not just 2 or 3 seasons...

I wannabee riding in my golf cart every day, not slogging through snow...

I wannabee learning how to play pickleball and golf, not sitting on my duff in the family room when it's cold outside...

I wannabee living in a one level home where I don't have stairs to negotiate every time I want to put something away...

I wannabee looking at ANY grass, not fields and fields of white...

I wannabee making tons of new friends whenever I get involved...

I wannabee walking in the squares, not slipping on the ice when I go shopping...

I wannabee in the warm, not in the cold (the wind chill here today is 6!)

All that being said, our decision has been made, it will just be a bit under 2 years before we can make our dream of living in TV a reality and I'm feeling impatient...

I guess I'm just very tired of winter in Michigan today and suffering from TV envy...

Thanks for letting me vent this morning when we've gotten MORE snow (we haven't seen grass since early December) and all the area schools are closed...
We want you here in TV too, and glad you'll make it so,
The friends you'll make, the thinks you'll do! But off the list-- shoveling snow!

Here's to pickleball and golfing, not sitting on your duff
Perhaps not as soon as you would like, but you'll see, soon enough

Here's to the squares and fields and grass, not slipping on the ice
Here's to moderate winter weather. Oh my, won't that be nice!

You're decision is made, and having to wait, drives you to lament.
But any time you feel the need, we'll gladly hear your vent.

Warm wishes and hurry down!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm 47 and my fiancee isn't much older.. It'll be a while before we can make the move.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

cherylncliff - where are you in Michigan? My hubby and I just moved to TV in Aug. from the Detroit area, but we are originally from Traverse City. This is our first year without snow, and we are loving it!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoonenough View Post
We are in Lubbock.
I went to TV last year to visit my parents and to take a look at their "little retirement village" and was blown away. I could tell right away that this is a place I could live when I retire. I will be 60 when I semi-retire and would like to start spending winter there. That will be 2013 for us.
Maybe see ya there then.
EB
Ya'll are really getting clobbered with cold this year in Lubbock!! Anyhow, we will all be in TV in 2013!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Boy, tell me about it. It is snowing now and when it is not snowing the wind is blowing giving us extreme wind chill factors. I have to do the right thing and not gripe about the snow because we always need the moisture. However the older I get the more I like two seasons, Warm and Warmer.
I would trade the cold in Lubbock for those high 50's and low 60's in TV any day, and someday I will.
EB
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Also can't wait. Came down last Nov. and loved it. Can't put the house up for sale till probably June, have a son who got out of the military and then went to school, he's getting done March 17, but then has to find a internship in Robotics and Automation. We did see a couple of sold signs on houses this morning in our area, thats good, they were'nt starter homes. Coming down this August for a couple of weeks if we have'nt sold the house. Hopefully this will be our last winter.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 PM

sschuler1,

We're in Kalalmazoo (yes, there really is one!). Our son in law is from the east side of the state (we can't ALL be perfect! ) For those of you who are unfamiliar with our great (but cold and oh, so economically challenged!) state, we are 1/2 way between Chicago and Detroit right on I-94. We will keep looking - and visit both TV and TOTV as much as we can!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
I'm 47 and my fiancee isn't much older.. It'll be a while before we can make the move.
Hey dj,
I get feeling were in the same boat - Im 47 too and looking at about 10 more years of work before retirement. I just keep dreaming of the day we move to TV.
Closed Thread