Impatients

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Default Impatients

Twice in the last week, I have had to deal, with very rude and inpatient people, one at Publix's (colony) and one at Wal-Grens (colony). I went to the ten or less aisle to check out,(Publix) and a woman (and her meek husband) were in front of me with a full cart of groceries and I had 4 items. I very politely taped her on the shoulder and said "Ma'am" I think you are in the wrong line this is 10 items or less She whirled around and said I have been standing in the other lines for 10 min. it is your time to wait. The checker just looked away, and apologized when it was my turn. People you are retired, what is the rush, Wait your turn, you are not up North, waiting for a huge snow storm , You are in the South where life is slow and no stress. Sorry but I feel she was a snow bird (accent) as she is not used to the Souther ways. Same incident at Wal-grens, but the woman walked right in front of me with a full basket and pushed all others away The checker did say Ma'am, you need to wait your turn, and she left her cart and exited the store, I had to smile. To the snow-birds, Life and the pace in the Villages, is a slow one, no one needs to rush, time is only measured, by hours not by minutes,You are retired, You are the ones who clog the stores, the roads, the restaurants,the Golf courses, etc. Slow down, enjoy the day, and stop making a scene. YOU ARE BRINGING A WRONG IMAGE WHEN YOU VISIT.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Veteran member
Default Rudeness

Yes rudeness is very common.

1. While riding on my bicycle, on the modal paths, the carts, the screamers, just whiz by and cut in front of me like how close can they get??? I am talking inches not feet.
2. Maybe we need longer (and more places) for happy hours, that seems to be so popular and so necessary to set up major catastrophic events.

3. Tell us to leave. OK, it takes time and a loss on property for sure.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

just as rude are the bikers who go right through stop signs-I've seen it many times
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 PM

I thought the title was 'Implants'.

sorry
Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
snipped
You are in the South where life is slow and no stress.
But not so slow that you could have just ignored her being rude and waited for her to check out? lol

Happens to me often in NJ. I learned to appreciate the fact that I had more 'me time' standing in line alone with no one asking me to find something or cook something or wash something; and the inconsiderate person in front of me was happy to have another chore checked off her day's to-do list.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

I actually had the opposite situation, I was waiting inline with just 3 items in my cart, and the man in front of me with a lot more asked if I wanted to go ahead of him, I told him thank you very much, but I had plenty of time. So yes there are people that are in an hurry, but there are others that are very considerate.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Platinum member

Not to pat myself on the back....yes I am. I walked into the bank the other day and walked by a lady waiting out a deposit slip. When she came up to the line I let here go first. She was there first. Can't remember who uses the tag line, but they are right "It cost nothing to be nice"!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well by title I thought this thread was going to be about flowers.

When I discovered its actual theme my thoughts immediately ran to an experiment I read about while in college. The scientist were attempting to record the behavior of rats to the issue of crowding. Unfortunately the predictable was predictable and as they increased the population the behaviors became worsen. So crowding is one reason. Add to that our political division that are reported on television ad nauseam and too many of us end up on a short fuse. and I have not even addressed our persona/health problems.

Some would suggest that we slow down because were retired. Its a pleasing sentiment but not at all factual.

We don't change because we are retired because we are going to default to our basic nature's in times of stress ( another scientific experiment) .

I will admit that I get inpatient but I stay quiet inside and only think about being rude
Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Twice in the last week, I have had to deal, with very rude and inpatient people, one at Publix's (colony) and one at Wal-Grens (colony). I went to the ten or less aisle to check out,(Publix) and a woman (and her meek husband) were in front of me with a full cart of groceries and I had 4 items. I very politely taped her on the shoulder and said "Ma'am" I think you are in the wrong line this is 10 items or less She whirled around and said I have been standing in the other lines for 10 min. it is your time to wait. The checker just looked away, and apologized when it was my turn. People you are retired, what is the rush, Wait your turn, you are not up North, waiting for a huge snow storm , You are in the South where life is slow and no stress. Sorry but I feel she was a snow bird (accent) as she is not used to the Souther ways. Same incident at Wal-grens, but the woman walked right in front of me with a full basket and pushed all others away The checker did say Ma'am, you need to wait your turn, and she left her cart and exited the store, I had to smile. To the snow-birds, Life and the pace in the Villages, is a slow one, no one needs to rush, time is only measured, by hours not by minutes,You are retired, You are the ones who clog the stores, the roads, the restaurants,the Golf courses, etc. Slow down, enjoy the day, and stop making a scene. YOU ARE BRINGING A WRONG IMAGE WHEN YOU VISIT.
So a snowbird has accents? I find people in any part of the country be impatient, in May you can find short tempered people in TV anytime. I really don't know who is a visitor when I am out.

My other half thought it seems a little slow for January. But enjoying the warm weather, shops very early or very late so out of the way of the not so nice.

Raised in the south gives you the yes ma'am no matter what, slower pace of life, but not the gift of always being nice.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Just to clarify, I am NOT a snowbird. I have witnessed kindnesses and rudenesses here ALL YEAR LONG. I think it's wrong to call a certain group out. Especially based on their accent! You would think I am visiting from Philly to hear my ACCENT (what accent? HA) and I've been in Florida since 1988. Did you ever think it might be some of the year rounders being rude because they feel put out with the additional traffic, etc. Maybe THEY should move to a less popular area. Just sayin'....
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I do not mind grocery store lines at all. I use the time to read the "National Enquirer" -- yes, I know, that tabloid mess (that was redundant) is a big, hideous joke. I would never buy it. But I just gotta look......I particularly like to see the plastic surgery photos. And I have to see how my fellow-boomers Cher and Dolly are doing -- even though that tabloid tells big lies about them, too.

Once at Pinellas, I found myself in a line that was growing restless because the person checking out had about a million product questions she kept asking the cashier. The cashier was trying to be polite and was succeeding, although she started to look like a little butterfly having her wings pulled off.

Anyway, I could feel the tension behind me......so I turned around, smiled my very best smile, started a conversation, and read those "National Enquirer" headlines to the rest of the lineup. (in my Midwest accent, I must add) -- Anyway, we had a little fun before we went our separate ways. Everybody was smiling.

But (sigh) that was a couple of years ago. Now, in these angry, angry times, reading the current tabloid headlines aloud in a grocery line could lead to a knock-down-drag-out........

Last edited by Boomer; 01-11-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

I think some people are confusing being impatient with being rude. A person can be impatient, but that is totally different from being rude. To call a rude person "impatient" is being too polite.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Sage

Oops, I thought the thread was about the flower "Impatiens".
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Little confused..who was the impatient one in line ?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This is laughable if it wasn't so stupid............................
Of course "snowbirds" have an accent---they speak ornithologistic
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, wait, slow, wrong, snow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.