Performing arts

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Default Performing arts

What tv needs is a legitimate performing arts center. Any one have any inside info?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

what is not legitimate about the performance centers that we already have? are you looking for a 5,000 seat venue? top entertainment is not likely to book here because they receive better economic offers from the established venues between jacksonville, tampa, palm beach, etc.

willie nelson might be considered an exception - but look at the price of the tickets! boy howdy, did folks ever complain about that! but he did sell the place out, so some almost 1,000 people still consider him top level entertainment!

there is a committee of residents who feel as you do - but their efforts don't seem to get anywhere close to fulfillment. costs for building, operating and filling the seats continually get in the way I think.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default A little recent history

BIG NEWS (Performing Art Center, etc.)

Here is the Mark Morse Letter regarding the Proposed Performing Arts Center
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The Ocala paper had an article that said the developer's proposal was turned down, as it was flawed. High hopes for Villages performing arts center | Ocala.com
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
The Ocala paper had an article that said the developer's proposal was turned down, as it was flawed. High hopes for Villages performing arts center | Ocala.com
He offered. Please read my post above.

If we had a huge theatre here paid for by the developer there are those who would find fault with it because some cannot find any good at all with The Morse family
Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

No one is judging whether or not it was a good offer or otherwise disparaging the Developer in this case. As usual, you appear to be reading something into a post that isn't there. I posted a link that indicates the developer's offer was refused as it didn't meet the standards that the Performing Arts Center Committee has. The original question had to do with information regarding the Arts Center. I'd say with these links it has been answered.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum member

I think Adam Smith's metaphor,"the invisible hand of the market" comes into play on this subject. Invisible hand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reading all of the correspondence on this subject is important if one is to understand why we do not have a PAC at this time. Some people can not accept the fact that the Developer is not the reason we have no PAC. There are numerous and varying reasons and most have been discussed in this thread and in referenced correspondence.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
I think Adam Smith's metaphor,"the invisible hand of the market" comes into play on this subject. Invisible hand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reading all of the correspondence on this subject is important if one is to understand why we do not have a PAC at this time. Some people can not accept the fact that the Developer is not the reason we have no PAC. There are numerous and varying reasons and most have been discussed in this thread and in referenced correspondence.
I agree. In this case the developer did make a generous offer, but the committee felt it wasn't enough to meet the needs of the community. I don't see where anyone has tried to blame the Developer for lack of a PAC, but perhaps you are referring to other threads, not this one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.