Important news for villagers-Street Parking

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMooreRN View Post
.......I also heard that it is true that ANYONE can park in the "extra spots" located in the patio villas or courtyard villas. That nobody can "enforce" those spots. Even if you have an extra car and live somewhere else, you have the right to park it there.
Please don't tell everyone this hearsay B.S. that "anyone" can park in the villas' "extra spots".

The villa guest parking spots are for guests and invitees of the residents of the villa neighborhood! If the guest parking spots get filled up with "anybody's" vehicles from "wherever" in TV, Wildwood, Leesburg or Timbuktu, residents' guests will have nowhere to park and they'll end up parking at the end of somebody's driveway like the o.p. did.

The rules exist for good reason.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The villa guest parking spots are for guests and invitees of the residents of the villa neighborhood! .....

Good luck getting those villa parking rules in our deed restrictions enforced!
See my previous issues with trying to do so in this thread.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default In my expierience police won't enforce deed restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Good luck getting those villa parking rules in our deed restrictions enforced!
See my previous issues with trying to do so in this thread.
Posted in other thread by Jazzper
"However, when I called TV Community Standards (751-3912) a few weeks ago about a neighbor's vehicle that has been parked in our visitor parking area for over 3 months, I was told after they did a "drive-by" that there was no violation since the vehicle was tagged. When I pointed out the above section, she said that restriction is no longer enforced and I would have to call Sumter County police to deal with it. (Oh for the days when Nick was in charge of VCDD!)"

I don't know if what I have gone through elsewhere would apply but this is what we went through.

We have moved around a lot and have had many situations were neighbors were not in compliance with the deed restrictions. It affects your property values and to that end is actionable, but not easy or cheap to enforce.
What I found out from what we went through is that you have to get either your homeowners group or a petition from the affected neighbors and get a judge to order a cease and desist order and then the cops will enforce it. This was for a fence issue. When I lived in a development with visitor parking because the spaces were the property held in common and deeded with the rec center those managing the common areas could have the vehicles towed as it was private property with use restrictions. They first glued a big violation sticker to the car for the first offense on the second the car was towed. The judge did make them put up a more detailed sign with the rules for 30 days first. I would think this would apply here. We were lucky and had a neighbor who was a lawyer and did the leg work all I had to do was take around the petition.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default If You Want To Keep The Villages Beautiful

1. Clearly the vehicle backing has total responsibility for the accident "but for"the fact that the owner of the parked car created an unnecessary hazard the accident would not have happened. Hence the car in motion was ticketed for the accident (unsafw backing) and the parked car for creating the unnecessary( hazard).

2. What is the sense of having rules, deed restrictions etc if they will not be enforced. Many people chose to move here because of these rules. Who wants to see an RV, Van car in someone's driveway day after day....worst yet on the streets creating additional hazard and hence risk of accidents, etc

3. For those living in Villas they may not want to give up on the guest parking rule.

P.S. I had a neighbor who parked his car on his driveway until he realized rats where using it at night. Rules serve a purpose for health safety and aesthetic value. If you want to keep The Villages beautiful then every resident has to do their part in either abiding by the rules or ensuring they are enforced. A start would be by complaining to your district superivors
for any violations. Actually the beginning is to acquaint yourself with the rules, etc applying here
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 AM

[QUOTE=rubicon;645887]

P.S. I had a neighbor who parked his car on his driveway until he realized rats where using it at night.

Just curious. How were the rats "using "the car. Engine compartment for warmth? Sounds like a bad rat problem in the neighborhood.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=Ragman;645890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

P.S. I had a neighbor who parked his car on his driveway until he realized rats where using it at night.

Just curious. How were the rats "using "the car. Engine compartment for warmth? Sounds like a bad rat problem in the neighborhood.

I thought maybe it might be the same ones that drive around in the Kia commercial.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Sage

Those are the citrus rats that live in the palm trees that everyone is so eager to plant.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I thought maybe it might be the same ones that drive around in the Kia commercial.
Hamsters...... "Hamstars", as Kia calls them.

Bill
Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
No problem, Rick. We see a number of people around our area who park their vehicles in their driveways 24/7/365.

Bill
You bet'cha, the garage is for a work shop or storage, things that need protection.

Soo many park their cars in the garage like they will melt.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Sage

I don't think there is a rule against parking your car in your driveway.

BUT THERE IS a rule about having children under 19 living with you.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
You bet'cha, the garage is for a work shop or storage, things that need protection.

Soo many park their cars in the garage like they will melt.
The sun DOES wreak havoc with the paint, upholstery, and tires over time, though.

It's the proverbial Catch-22! Never enough garage space.

Bill
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
The sun DOES wreak havoc with the paint, upholstery, and tires over time, though.

It's the proverbial Catch-22! Never enough garage space.

Bill
I know for a fact that Bill-n-Brillo have nine garages at their beautiful custom built four year old home in Ohio that they are thinking to leave to be here with us.

They are going to have garage withdrawal BIG TIME.

We will try to make it up to them.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Gold member

It is also in our deed restrictions. Black and white. I challenge you to try and get it enforced. Maybe you will get someone else at Community Standards to listen, none of us in our villas have been successful. I personally tried as well as others. Somewhere (don't ask me where, I just rearranged my office and files) I have the name of the person who told me that they will not enforce that rule - apparently there is no county ordinance that supports such a restriction. Our "guest" parking area is full 24/7 and I seriously doubt that there is one "guest" parked there as I type this. You can tell by the dirt around the wheels of some of the vehicles that they have been there for some while.

Maybe if all villa owners unite they could get a new ordinance passed. I personally would love to see new signs installed restricting the parking in some manner. Maybe when you get a guest ID you also get a guest parking permit. (Of course that doesn't help me when I have guests over for a party from another village.)

Better yet, take out the guest parking spaces, install a practice putting green and a beer stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Please don't tell everyone this hearsay B.S. that "anyone" can park in the villas' "extra spots".

The villa guest parking spots are for guests and invitees of the residents of the villa neighborhood! If the guest parking spots get filled up with "anybody's" vehicles from "wherever" in TV, Wildwood, Leesburg or Timbuktu, residents' guests will have nowhere to park and they'll end up parking at the end of somebody's driveway like the o.p. did.

Quote:
Tracey, contrary to what you heard, that's not the case - at least using Rosedale Villas deed restrictions as an example:

"Temporary parking depicted on the plat of the Subdivision is not for Owner's use but is for the use of the Owner's invitees and guests."

from Rosedale Villas deed restrictions: Article V (Use Restrictions), Section 20:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/De...20Rosedale.pdf

It's in the deed restrictions.

Can it be enforced? Yes.
Is it? ..............I don't know.

Bill
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Location: I live in the villages of Santiago, in The Villages. I love it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
sorry to read of your misfortune. might you tell us the location of the incident...or at least the county - lake, sumter or marion?
This was in Sumter County.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Location: I live in the villages of Santiago, in The Villages. I love it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc View Post
Why is this wrong? You have to know that the owner of the striking vehicle is going to be screaming that you should not have been parked where you were. From what you state, I believe the police handled the situation properly. Your anger is mis-directed.Imho.
He backed out of his driveway into my car. He should have been looking. I was across the street. His citation was for negligent driving and his insurance will be affected. Mine will not. But I still had to pay a fine that I do not feel is correct. Most everyone parks on the street.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.