Finding golfing buddies

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 AM
Default Finding golfing buddies

My husband and I will be moving to The Villages as soon as we sell our home in NC. However, beginning in June, we will be renting a place for a couple of months while our house is on the market. We know no one living down there, and my husband would like to know if there are golf leagues that he can join to hook up with other golfers? If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find golfing buddies? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Finding golfing buddies

Finding people to play golf with is very easy in The Villages. With the automated tee time systems that we use it is easy to find a tee time and when you get to the course you meet the people that you are going to play with. I have been here since November and have really enjoyed meeting people from all over the country. The automated tee time systems are available over the internet or by phone. I go as a single player and everyone makes me feel at home. Many time I have been in a group that none of us knew the other before we got to the course.

Come out and play!!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM

Thanks, Indy Guy, for the good information. Maybe I'll see you in June Ron/Ouida
Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 AM

When all four people show up with golf carts, what happens? Do two people park their carts or do they allow four carts in a foursome?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Gold member

They only allow 2 carts per foursome. If its a threesome and one is walking it is ok to take two carts or same for a foursome if two are walking. On most of the championship courses most people ride and on the executive courses there are frequent walkers. It has always worked out good for me when I ride with someone I don't know just more time to meet a person from another part of the country or I have even gotten in with someone that was from my hometown.

Once I got to the course and there was a couple and a single lady. The starter asked if I wanted to take my own cart and I said yes. I think she had asked if a guy showed up she would rather not be put in with a stranger. It worked out good for both of us. The starters are very accommodating.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:50 AM

Ouida:

Finding golf buddies in The Villages is easier than the proverbial "taking candy from a baby" !!! Like the other posts say, your husband can just sign up as a single and he will be paired with 3 others. PLUS...in your neighborhood, there will, I guarantee you, be "golfing galore". When we first arrived down here a year and a half ago, we knew no one. We moved in on a Friday morning and by Friday afternoon, our neighbor across the street had set up a tee time for the 4 of us on Sunday!!! When he introduced himself, one of the first things he said was, "are you golfers"? ...and thats all it took.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 PM

gaboy here welcome home ! no problem golfing in the great villages steve
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.