Independence Day is almost here, how’s your flag doing?

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Default Independence Day is almost here, how’s your flag doing?

One of the things I love about the Villages is the display of so many American flags on homes. The problem though is that we need to really look at our flags. Are they thread bare, shredded, separated? Look at your flags and if they need replacing NOW is the time. If you need help getting it off the flag pole ask a neighbor for help, any Vet will gladly assist you or message me and I will come and help you.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon2dad View Post
One of the things I love about the Villages is the display of so many American flags on homes. The problem though is that we need to really look at our flags. Are they thread bare, shredded, separated? Look at your flags and if they need replacing NOW is the time. If you need help getting it off the flag pole ask a neighbor for help, any Vet will gladly assist you or message me and I will come and help you.
You should be more concerned with the multitude of Florida pickup drivers with the beat up American flags flying from their truck beds, rain or shine, mud, tattered, torn than with the villages.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

With the amount of wind that we get this time of year I’m changing my flags almost monthly.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-29-2022, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVJim View Post
You should be more concerned with the multitude of Florida pickup drivers with the beat up American flags flying from their truck beds, rain or shine, mud, tattered, torn than with the villages.
quite a snarky reply there, the OP was just making an offer to the locals.
who in the world is going to monitor pick-up truck flags, you'd likely get shot.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
quite a snarky reply there, the OP was just making an offer to the locals.
who in the world is going to monitor pick-up truck flags, you'd likely get shot.
Snark - no, reality is that there are few if any tattered flags in TV but there are literally 1000’s on the back of pickups and boats. If one really values the flag, thats the place to start.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVJim View Post
Feel free to run out there and stop them. Do something productive instead of sitting on your ass critiquing others.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Feel free to run out there and stop them. Do something productive instead of sitting on your ass critiquing others.
Speaking for myself, I'd far rather see a tattered flag than no flag at all.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
And don’t forget about the proper ways to retire (dispose of) the flag. Veterans groups will be happy to take worn flags and retire them for you.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Default Proud of my flag

I think this is a great display of the flag and shows my support for Ukraine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	94363  
Old 06-30-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
My we are a little sensitive aren’t we? Sorry if I rained on your little virtue signaling parade. Let me get you a tissue.
Closed Thread

Tags
flags, flag, replacing, time, neighbor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.