Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Independent Fire District Cost Impact Information (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/independent-fire-district-cost-impact-information-333737/)

Kenswing 10-30-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2152567)
First Post.
Welcome to ToTV.

Could be more money, could be less money, could be the same money.

With change, comes change and the definition of better vs. worse varies.

:shocked:

Why am I always suspicious of new posters? I’m always trying to guess who they were before they got banned. :1rotfl:

dewilson58 10-30-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 2152571)
Why am I always suspicious of new posters? I’m always trying to guess who they were before they got banned. :1rotfl:

I didn't trust myself until I had 50 posts.

Byte1 10-30-2022 01:18 PM

I've voted so it really doesn't matter now. All I can hope for is that the better answer wins, whatever that may be. To me, it is not about winning and losing, but how it effects the community. Just like when voting for anything else. Hopefully, everyone else on here will think the same way. On the other hand, it is only human nature to want to save the money you earned and not have it spent frivolously by someone else.

rstebbins 10-31-2022 02:27 PM

Question. The two fire departments took over the ambulance service 10-1 Is the cost of that service in the budget numbers that you are taking out in your calculation? How was the ambulance paid for in the past, was it all from transport fees or was the county paying for part of the contract. Thanks for the article.

rstebbins 10-31-2022 02:35 PM

Cost of Ambulance Services

In the county budget, you deduct the two fire department fundings and determine the amount the rate should go down. Does that number include the cost of running the ambulance service for the new fiscal year or is that elsewhere in the budget?

How was the ambulance service paid for in the past? Was it all from transport fees or did the county pay part of the cost to provide those services?

thanks for the info

Bill14564 10-31-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstebbins (Post 2152992)
In the county budget, you deduct the two fire department fundings and determine the amount the rate should go down. Does that number include the cost of running the ambulance service for the new fiscal year or is that elsewhere in the budget?

How was the ambulance service paid for in the past? Was it all from transport fees or did the county pay part of the cost to provide those services?

thanks for the info

The county paid about $1.5M to the ambulance contractor in 2021-2022. In the 2022-2023 budget year (beginning 10/1/2022) ambulance service is being provided by the fire departments.

There is a line in the VCCDD budget this year for $5.3M for VPSD Transport Revenues. My *guess* is these are the transport fees. There is no such line in the county budget for previous years so my *guess* is that AMR was funded by $1.5M of county money plus close to $6M of transport fees they collected directly.

The SCFD budget increased by $3M and the VPSD budget increased by $1.5M in the 2022-2023 budget to get to the $37M total for fire services. This amount must include staffing for the ambulances since the fire departments will now provide that service (and it does not appear elsewhere).

The $37M used in the calculations of the cost of the VPSD and SCFD includes the ambulance service being provided by them.