Independent Fire District Cost Impact Information Part 2

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2023, 11:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Independent Fire District Cost Impact Information Part 2

Since the first thread is closed, I thought I would start a second one to thank Don and Sumter County for doing the correct thing.

To have Sumter County continue the funding of the Villages Public Safety Dept and separating the funding so taxpayers can clearly see were the money is going plus no tax increases.

Maybe things turned out OK???

Independent Fire District Cost Impact Information
Old 03-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Since the first thread is closed, I thought I would start a second one to thank Don and Sumter County for doing the correct thing.

To have Sumter County continue the funding of the Villages Public Safety Dept and separating the funding so taxpayers can clearly see were the money is going plus no tax increases.

Maybe things turned out OK???

Independent Fire District Cost Impact Information
What did Don and Sumter County do?

The Villagers voted to not separate the districts, not the County.

The information on where the money was going was always available in the Sumter County budget and VCCDD budget.

Taxes were going to be both created and lowered. My taxes would likely have decreased overall.

We'll have to see what happens in the October budget. I have concerns given recent comments about AMR, EMT staffing, and the need for more fire stations outside the Villages.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
funding, sumter, county, separating, dept

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.