Induction Range

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Default Induction Range

We are considering replacing our Whirlpool electric range with an induction range. I searched for comments previously posted and found that most of the posts are from a few years ago.

Would you kind folks let us know if you are still happy with your induction range? We would also be interested in knowing what brand you purchased.

Our visit to Home Depot had us leaning towards Kitchen Aid. Then we did some research and are not so sure we should purchase that brand.

Thanks in advance for any information you are willing to share.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Induction Cooking . . .
Old 02-16-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laackley View Post
We are considering replacing our Whirlpool electric range with an induction range. I searched for comments previously posted and found that most of the posts are from a few years ago.

Would you kind folks let us know if you are still happy with your induction range? We would also be interested in knowing what brand you purchased.

Our visit to Home Depot had us leaning towards Kitchen Aid. Then we did some research and are not so sure we should purchase that brand.

Thanks in advance for any information you are willing to share.
I purchased a GE induction range in 2010. At the time it was $2200 but well worth every penny. It saves on time, energy, and prep. I had to purchase new pots and pans as my Farberware did not work on it but I was ready for a new set anyway. If you get it, I think you will be happy.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I started a thread a couple months ago with the same question. The thread is linked in the post above and I got some really good info from folks that have induction ranges.

Our remodel starts in a little under a month and our appliances are being delivered this weekend.

We ended purchasing a Bosch Induction Range... Review were good, but I had trouble finding an induction range with bad reviews. We had wanted the Samsung, for aesthetic reasons, but gave up after it would be months before we could get it.

Good luck in your search....
Old 02-17-2015, 04:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would love to have an induction cooktop or range, but what we have is too new to replace right now. I can't advise you on which manufacturer is currently the best, but what I did glean from all the reviews and searching I've done in studying them is that induction repairs are much more common than with standard electric.

My advice would be regardless of what you buy, to purchase an extended warranty.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:47 AM

I have had induction since 2012 and love it, I have owned Electrolux and really like the quality and reliability, never had any issues. I have recently purchased the Bosche slide in induction, awaiting delivery, for aesthetic reasons decided to purchase that one. Every time we have a gathering where I am cooking our friends are so fascinated and impressed by how well it cooks and cleans up, easiest range I have ever owned, including gas stoves.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Gold member

We have the Samsung and love it, but we did have to order it and wait. Apparently, they don't build them until they are sold. We got ours at best buy. It's the easiest stove to keep clean that we have ever owned.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:53 AM

We bought a couple of "as seen on TV" portable units along with the cookware and pressure cooker. It's great for the motorhome and cooking outdoors. Cookware is high quality. Good way to get an intro without committing to a big purchase.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:10 PM

We had an Electrolux induction 5 burner cook top. Loved it.....fast cooking but nothing burns in the pans.Never had any problems. I would purchase again in a heart beat! Loved the Electrolux.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. View Post
We bought a couple of "as seen on TV" portable units along with the cookware and pressure cooker. It's great for the motorhome and cooking outdoors. Cookware is high quality. Good way to get an intro without committing to a big purchase.
NuWave PIC - Precision Induction Cooktop - Seen on TV | NuWavePIC.com

Is this what you own?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.