Information on solar panels

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2020, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,682 Times in 5,231 Posts

My issue with solar panels in The Villages is that the solar contractors all advertise that their system will save you money on electricity. I believe that their claims are bogus, but that is the sales pitch. They all calculate a payback period that is too short because it is based on unrealistic and incomplete financial projections. And, who believes that a small contractor can honor a 20 year parts and labor warranty? If you want to help the planet by buying a solar system, then that is a good reason to buy one. But, I think most people buy a solar system because the contractor has deceived them into believing that it is a good financial investment. However, that is the only way the contractors can stay in business.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:44 AM

Just an update on the Warranty on my solar system , yes of course the warranty is only as good as the business that provides it . I suggest to buy from a respectable company that provides a great product ,then go with a nationwide company as the installer they have labor included in the Warranty will they still be here 25years from now your guess is as good as mine but renewable energy is going to be here long after anyone that reads this post is long gone . so chances that a good company will still be here are (in my opinion) very good .
Old 08-24-2020, 12:14 PM

Has anyone used the Tesla roof shingles?
Old 08-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Technology on solar panels from 10 years ago is out dated technology improving everyday. Energy efficient appliances add to savings. Power Companies and industry are enjoying savings by installation of solar technology. Disney has invested in 3 solar farms on their property in Orlando 1 rums their MGM Studio complex along with Disney Springs. We have been here for 10 years if for once I thought out of the box I would love to enjoy a 40% saving on my utility bill than a box of receipts. An investment of $20000 following the rule of 72 would take 48 years to double your return at bank rate of 11/2%. I would gladly take a 40% reduction of my electric bill in return.
Closed Thread

Tags
solar, panels, idea, information, electric

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.