Input on Ivy Floor Plan

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Default Input on Ivy Floor Plan

Do you have any IVY? Would love your input on what type of table will comfortably fit in the floor plan.We just purchased an Ivy Floor Plan which doesn't have any stretch. The Kitchen area appears very narrow. The width of the Kitchen nook is 9'5" and I think a few inches of that hovers over into the space with the raised counter top.

Seems like even a 36" round with chairs would be a tight fit. What shape and size table has worked for you?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 PM
Platinum member

We moved into an Ivy with a 48” round table. It works fine.
Eventually we would like to buy a rectangular table
which I think is perfect for the space.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
Do you have any IVY? Would love your input on what type of table will comfortably fit in the floor plan.We just purchased an Ivy Floor Plan which doesn't have any stretch. The Kitchen area appears very narrow. The width of the Kitchen nook is 9'5" and I think a few inches of that hovers over into the space with the raised counter top.

Seems like even a 36" round with chairs would be a tight fit. What shape and size table has worked for you?
Travel Addict, If you go to or call the Sumter County building department, you can get the full plans for your house, mine was 16 pages, they can email this in PDF format. These are actual scaled drawings. I would post the link they sent me, but it does not work. The office is located in Pinellas Plaza, the copper topped building, go in the main doors, turn right, end of hall on the left.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

we have a 46" table and still lots of room. The Ivy is one of the largest designer floor plans, lots of room.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:30 PM

Is your 46” table A round one in the kitchen area or dining room? My kitchen area feels so narrow. Although the IVY has some large rooms, the kitchen nook is actually 2 ft narrower than the Laurel Oak (the 3 bedroom version of the IVY.). Would appreciate if anyone would send me a picture of their table. Trying to get a visual before I buy something. My email is cahall529@gmail.com.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:00 AM
Platinum member

I will do the pic tomorrow.

I have plenty of room in the kitchen for the 48”
round table and 4 chairs and a baker’s rack.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Is your 46” table A round one in the kitchen area or dining room? My kitchen area feels so narrow. Although the IVY has some large rooms, the kitchen nook is actually 2 ft narrower than the Laurel Oak (the 3 bedroom version of the IVY.). Would appreciate if anyone would send me a picture of their table. Trying to get a visual before I buy something. My email is cahall529@gmail.com.
Our 46" table is round with 4 chairs, it is centered under the ceiling light in the kitchen eating area and there is plenty of room. If you choose to put bar stools along the counter that will be a different story. That area measures about 10 feet from the counter edge to the slider
Old 04-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Default 10 feet width

Another villager sent me photos of her kitchen and she also had a slider. Perhaps that is the difference. We have 9 ft from the edge of our counter to the wall. Our model has a double window not a slider.

The extra foot is probably what is making the difference in a round table fitting in the space.

Darn! I found one I love, but measuring the space out feels like it will be too tight.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Another villager sent me photos of her kitchen and she also had a slider. Perhaps that is the difference. We have 9 ft from the edge of our counter to the wall. Our model has a double window not a slider.

The extra foot is probably what is making the difference in a round table fitting in the space.

Darn! I found one I love, but measuring the space out feels like it will be too tight.
You have a window instead of a slider in the kitchen in an
Ivy? That must be something new.

I measured and my kitchen is not expanded.
A rectangular table is perfect for the Ivy kitchen.
We moved from Tampa with the 48” round.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

I meant to say I’m the one who sent you the pics today. 😊
Old 04-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Sage

What you have I believe is a Midland model which is a modified Ivy that they are selling in the Veranda series. They eliminated the kitchen sliding doors, shortened the Lanai and added a concrete slap where the lanai used to extend. If that is what you have 9 feet is still more than enough room for a 46 or 48 inch table.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
What you have I believe is a Midland model which is a modified Ivy that they are selling in the Veranda series. They eliminated the kitchen sliding doors, shortened the Lanai and added a concrete slap where the lanai used to extend. If that is what you have 9 feet is still more than enough room for a 46 or 48 inch table.
That makes a lot of sense since I’ve never seen an Ivy
without an extended lanai and a slider on the kitchen.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:21 PM

I was not overly familiar with the IVY when we bought it, so didn’t realize most have a sliding door in the kitchen nook area. Ours has a double wide window and our lanai is half the length and stops just pass the living room area before the kitchen window. Given the comments here, I looked up all Ivy’s currently for sale. There are 13. 11 have sliding doors and 2 have just a window like mine. I’m guessing it may have to do with property lines and when they do not have room or depth for the longer lanai. Seems like the models with a window have a narrower space for the kitchen table. May be a foot or less but enough that it feels tight.
Closed Thread

Tags
floor, ivy, fit, table, kitchen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.