Golf Cart Question

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2015, 01:49 PM
deestatham
Default Golf Cart Question

Husband and I are planning to move to TV in September. Our house goes on the market here in Maryland next week. I have a question about golf carts. Are you afraid to leave anything in your cart when you are shopping? Has anyone had anything stolen?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:55 PM

I leave nothing in my golf cart. People have had their belongings stolen. I believe most people here would never steal from someones cart but there are the few so I do not take a chance. My husband left his windbreaker in the cart and ran into walmart, when he came out the jacket was gone. Just smarter not to take a chance.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

Unfortunately, yes. Clubs have been taken from carts, although there are locking mechanisms with cables that can lessen the chance of that happening. I have sometimes left a jacket in the cart basket while not in the cart and have not lost it yet. You just have to use common sense. Your cell phone will surely disappear, but a loaf of bread may not!
Old 03-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

you can get locking glove boxes but they are pretty flimsy. More for keeping things out of sight that protecting items. I have only been here for 4.5 month's and have not developed the trust nature many of my fellow Villagers have. The main thing is if you are at somewhere like Walmart or other locations on the fringe of the Villages and are frequented by the Gen Pop and you leave valuables, don't be shocked if they disappear.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
....The main thing is if you are at somewhere like Walmart or other locations on the fringe of the Villages and are frequented by the Gen Pop and you leave valuables, don't be shocked if they disappear.
I think this is generally true, but also be aware that the general public frequents the Town Squares. We have never had anything stolen.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I think this is generally true, but also be aware that the general public frequents the Town Squares. We have never had anything stolen.
True but it's easier to help yourself to someone else's things in a big parking lot vs a cart parked on a street at a square.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Eternal Member

Use common sense!

Leaving a windbreaker or blanket in the sweater basket of your cart is very safe. Leaving your wallet on the front seat is not safe - ANYWHERE.

I would not leave my golf clubs on the cart if I went to Walmart but if I go to City Fire after playing golf, no problem. Any chance of them being stolen at City Fire? Small chance but still a chance.

Once again, use common sense.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:47 PM

Good luck on selling your house in Md. Two of our friends and us have had our houses on the market for over a year. We are hoping when we go back north a buyer will be waiting for us.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:52 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbussche View Post
Good luck on selling your house in Md. Two of our friends and us have had our houses on the market for over a year. We are hoping when we go back north a buyer will be waiting for us.
OMG! If it takes that long to sell this house I may as well get a shovel and dig my own hole!! Did you move to TV and leave your house empty?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
you can get locking glove boxes but they are pretty flimsy. More for keeping things out of sight that protecting items. I have only been here for 4.5 month's and have not developed the trust nature many of my fellow Villagers have. The main thing is if you are at somewhere like Walmart or other locations on the fringe of the Villages and are frequented by the Gen Pop and you leave valuables, don't be shocked if they disappear.

[emoji33]
Old 03-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

Good advise, we have never had anything taken from our golf cart. We were lucky and sold our house in Rockville, Maryland in 11 days last fall and became FROGS (full-timers). Welcome to The Villages.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:26 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman41 View Post
Good advise, we have never had anything taken from our golf cart. We were lucky and sold our house in Rockville, Maryland in 11 days last fall and became FROGS (full-timers). Welcome to The Villages.
Radioman41 - Please tell you like it in TV?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.