Inquiring minds want to know...

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
How do you know this, about there being a road parallel to Micro Race Track that will connect the entrance to Fruitland Park Villages to Rolling Acres? I never thought of that, and wondered why they put the TV entrance east of Micro Race Track. Initially they said there would be a light at Micro Race Track.

If there's no light at Micro, and no road to Rolling Acres from the TV entrance, there could be traffic jams at both places.

Yeah -- just what we need, one more traffic jam! Unfortunately, the county has not kept up with the poplation growth, and the roads here are 25 years behind the times. Last week when I was making a left-hand turn on to Micro Racetrack from TV, I counted 47 cars waiting (at the stop sign) to make a left or right hand turn! That isn't the only time I've seen it very backed up.

Quite a while ago (a year or more???) I was told that Rolling Acres was eventually going to go through to 466A. If you've ever driven over Rolling Acres, north of Lake Ella, you will come to a dead end and private property. Eminent domain would have to prevail and who knows how long that would take? That probably isn't the only property owned by others between the "dead end property" and whatever else is between there and 466A. That's a huge chunk of land.

As I mentioned above, that was only heresay but one would think there has to be something on the drawing board to alleviate some of the traffic problems.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Gold member

Thanks, villagetinker! That is what I was looking for.

That light is sorely needed at Micro racetrack Road. I had hoped that there was going to be an entrance into The Village of Fruitland Park there as well, just to cut down on the traffic at Morse and 466A.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Dotti105,

You are welcome. From what I recall of the article I had seen, Micro racetrack road will be widened to include left and right turn lanes (which are badly needed), and the traffic light (also badly needed). I agree with you that an entrance to the new Fruitland park area off 466a at Micro racetrack road would have been logical.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

the backup coming off of micro racetrack could be instantly improved if the banned left hand turns onto 466a between 7 am and 7 pm until the light is installed
Old 03-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Gold member

In January 2013 State Transportation Officials floated the idea of widening Rolling Acres, to four lanes, and extending it through Fruitland Park to connect to State Road 44. The idea was to relieve traffic on 27/441. After a couple of public meetings the State announced they were not going to go forward with the proposal.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Dotti105,

You are welcome. From what I recall of the article I had seen, Micro racetrack road will be widened to include left and right turn lanes (which are badly needed), and the traffic light (also badly needed). I agree with you that an entrance to the new Fruitland park area off 466a at Micro racetrack road would have been logical.

The entrance into the new Fruitland Park Villages will be a busy intersection. The fact that there will be a light at Micro Racetrack and 466A and no entrance into TV means that a shorter distance east is where that new entrance is going to be. I assume there will be a light there, as well?? My opinion is that either way -- with a traffic light at that entrance or not -- it will be a traffic problem I really feel that Micro Racetrack is where the entrance should be to expedite the most amount of cars efficiently.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
The entrance into the new Fruitland Park Villages will be a busy intersection. The fact that there will be a light at Micro Racetrack and 466A and no entrance into TV means that a shorter distance east is where that new entrance is going to be. I assume there will be a light there, as well?? My opinion is that either way -- with a traffic light at that entrance or not -- it will be a traffic problem. I really feel that Micro Racetrack is where the entrance should be to expedite the most amount of cars efficiently.
Please see message #11 which has an attachment showing two traffic lights on 466A - one at Micro Racetrack Rd. and one at Drake Dr., the east entrance into TV of Fruitland Park.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
In January 2013 State Transportation Officials floated the idea of widening Rolling Acres, to four lanes, and extending it through Fruitland Park to connect to State Road 44. The idea was to relieve traffic on 27/441. After a couple of public meetings the State announced they were not going to go forward with the proposal.
why? no money for it?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
why? no money for it?

Have no idea. Below is all that was in the Leesburg paper in May 2013.

"Florida Department of Transportation officials surprised many Lady Lake and Fruitland Park residents with unexpected news: The agency is dismissing the possibility of extending Rolling Acres Road to State Road 44."
Old 03-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Sage
Quote:
why? no money for it?

Probably because there are more urgent projects in larger populated areas around the state of Florida. This section of Sumter County would not be a high priority
Old 03-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

With regard to extending Rolling Acres Road, it will be interesting to see if the state changes their mind with the new Green Key homes and the new Fruitland Park homes. IMHO, I think a lot of these people will be using Micro Racetrack and Rolling Acres to go North and South as 441 will be out of the way. Also while it appears that extending to 44 may be impractical due to the Villages expansion, getting the funding to complete 466a to 468 would provide a link to 44.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
the backup coming off of micro racetrack could be instantly improved if the banned left hand turns onto 466a between 7 am and 7 pm until the light is installed
Exactly. Why anyone who takes Micro Racetrack southbound would attempt to turn left at 466A is beyond me! So dangerous.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:53 PM

I believe there are plans to take Rolling Acres to 466A, but Lady Lake does not have the funds to do so at this time. The road would come out at Timbertop. Rd.. They are, however, going to make Rolling Acre from 441 to 466 a four lane.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
With regard to extending Rolling Acres Road, it will be interesting to see if the state changes their mind with the new Green Key homes and the new Fruitland Park homes. IMHO, I think a lot of these people will be using Micro Racetrack and Rolling Acres to go North and South as 441 will be out of the way. Also while it appears that extending to 44 may be impractical due to the Villages expansion, getting the funding to complete 466a to 468 would provide a link to 44.
Don't understand what you mean Rolling Acres vis-a-vis the Green Key development.
Please explain.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Default Question from a newbie

I am new to TV and have been reading the blogs on TOTV....you guys are all so informative, therefore, i am curious if anyone knows why the huge expanse of land north of 466 between the Polo Club and Tierra Del Sol CC is not built on. Is it protected? Is it wet lands?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.