Owner and Guest Pass

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Owner and Guest Pass

Suppose an owner decides to turn in their resident ID and rent out their home and the tenant obtains a temporary resident ID. Now the owner wants to visit and stay with friends in The Villages while their Villages home is being rented. Since they no longer have resident status, (ID transffered to renter), is the owner still able to visit friends in The Villages and receive a guest pass?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Seems to me that would be double dipping. I suppose you could do it somehow by having friend you are staying with applying for a guest pass, but........
Old 03-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Sage

I believe an owner can get guest passes for anyone (including another owner). The villages requires you to turn in your Res ID card prior to issuing a Temp Res ID, i believe that is primarily so the golf discount for that property is not being "double dipped". Guest pass holders do not get the discount.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

I am about to find out next week! We own a CYV in The Villages and went back to CT for 2 months for the birth of our grand daughter. We had friends of ours stay in out villa and turned in our Resident ID's so that they could get their temp ID's. We are coming back to stay with them for a couple of days before they leave and our ID's will re-activate on April 1. They are going to get guest passes for us to play golf together before the first. I am assuming that they will play for free while we have to pay for the round.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Gold member

If you are a resident of the three loca counties I'm not sure you are be allowed to have a guest pass. As a guest often you have to show picture ID. If your driver's license says Lady Lake or The Villages that's a no no. Maybe you have a passport or something with an out of state address that could be used. Worst case scenario you pay regular outsider fees for golf.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Yes we gave our resident passes to my parents. And I got guest passes for us. We were only in for a few days.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

We came to TV for a long weekend last month and stayed with friends, while our home was rented. Our friends got guest passes for us and it was no problem. I hated paying to play on Executive Courses, though! We are returning on 4/4 and will have our resident status back. Thank goodness!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

No problem as long as your DL doesn't have TV as your address. If you're staying with your sister, you might be able to get an in-county guest pass, but not sure about this.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
No problem as long as your DL doesn't have TV as your address. If you're staying with your sister, you might be able to get an in-county guest pass, but not sure about this.
No, I was told that sisters, brothers, or parents living in the three surrounding counties cannot get the in-area guest pass. That is only for children, grandkids, and their spouses.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:49 PM

if there's away for people to abuse the system they will,no need for folk's like that in tv
Old 03-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

No one is talking about abusing the system. If you have doubts, check with TV staff. It really is not that of an uncommon occurrence. A lot depends on where the primary residence is.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR5ALR View Post
if there's away for people to abuse the system they will,no need for folk's like that in tv
Abuse????

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.