insects

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2021, 11:06 AM

They are called ghost ants. Call American Green got rid of them and now we use them once a year for inside spraying. 352-843-2800.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
We have Massey & like them. It is not just water that they spray. Jeez. Business reputations are hard earned. If one doesn’t like them for some reason, just change.
I like them, at least the idea of pest control. Massey does come out and talk any time I call them. But … my problem is after they do a treatment I still have a lot of bugs - many kinds, crawling, flying, outside the home but not inside. I am at Mallory not near ponds or preserves either. When I do a treatment there is much fewer. And I am a total newbie.
As far as reputation goes, they have to earn it first.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Petersweeney;1978201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking for next wife View Post
We have Massey and the insects. I think Massey sprays a little water around and claims it’s treatment, probably that’s all they are allowed to do. I have to do my own insect control. Same with snails. This year I have had an infestation… one treatment and much fewer afterwards. I still pay Massey but I wonder why.

Spray water? Really! Why in the world slander a company without proof of any kind. This is how deadly rumors get started. Yet you still pay them. Unreal. Just thinking how ridiculous this complete statement would sound in court after they sued you for defamation. Childish.

My guess and only a guess is termites.[/QUOTE

Take your toys and go home
Did you forget we live in a country that has free speech? Or have you been brainwashed?
When you pay for service you expect to get something. I hope what Massey is doing is helpful, but it is definitely not enough. I have to get rid of the rest of the bugs myself. So that’s what I do.

It is not defamation when it is true. I am reporting my personal experiences.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:12 PM

Totally agree, if it IS true.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Default Noceums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesabook 2 View Post
We bought our new home about a year ago and currently find ourselves surrounded by little biting insects. They look like ants with wings and we would love suggestions about how to get rid of them.
607 330 1440
Probably Noceums little bugs that are hard to see. Hence the name.
Very active at dusk . Annoying and not much you can do about them. We're in Fenney and haven't
had any here.
We moved here from. Homosassa and they were terrible there.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:44 PM

First you must identify "exactly" what kind of bug it is. I had flying ants in our master bath and couldn't figure where I was getting them. I re-caulked the corner tub and that seem to get them out of the house. If you're near water or a swamp-like area you will get what we call noseeums. There's also another type of bug that's a non-biting mosquito you'll find around freshwater lakes in Florida. Our but people said they don't treat for "flying" insects. The University of Florida, Gainesville has an extension in Ocala that might be able to help identify and remedy your problem.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:46 PM

You might look up aquatic midges and see if that's what they might be.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I like them, at least the idea of pest control. Massey does come out and talk any time I call them. But … my problem is after they do a treatment I still have a lot of bugs - many kinds, crawling, flying, outside the home but not inside. I am at Mallory not near ponds or preserves either. When I do a treatment there is much fewer. And I am a total newbie.
As far as reputation goes, they have to earn it first.
When we first moved into our place there were a fair amount of critters: some cockroaches, rather large snails in the mornings in the lanai, some small black flies, etc. Also heard the scampering of little feet every now and again in the attic. We arranged a full-service annual contract with Florida Pest Control and they are as good as their word: bugs and snails totally gone except for three dead cockroaches I found in the garage about a week after I retained them, no more attic noises, etc. The odd lizard manages to make it into the lanai but that just keeps the cat entertained. Plus they respond quickly when we do call them (which is not often), and they keep the lawn fertilized, weeds sprayed, etc.

Not having experience with Florida pests before this I did not know what to expect. But I have absolutely no quarrel with Florida Pest Control. I'll be renewing with them when the time comes this fall.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:13 PM
Platinum member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dszalka View Post
Sounds like termites. Has them in Michigan and it sure sounds like that.
As stated previously, Termites DON'T BITE and ghost ant don't fly...
Old 07-25-2021, 06:17 PM
Default We've used Bates for many years & our guy Alan is awesome! Good luck👍

We love our technician Alan @ Bates Exterminating!
Good luck
Old 07-25-2021, 08:12 PM

Beautiful smile Mermaid
Old 07-26-2021, 04:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

Could be Big Eyed Bugs.... no cure
Old 07-26-2021, 06:08 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Noseeums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Sounds like NOSEEUMs to me.
Are we in Alaska??
Old 07-26-2021, 08:41 AM
Default Insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesabook 2 View Post
We bought our new home about a year ago and currently find ourselves surrounded by little biting insects. They look like ants with wings and we would love suggestions about how to get rid of them.
607 330 1440
Termites. You're in trouble. Didn't the home inspection catch that before you bought ?
Old 07-26-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACEALLEMAN View Post
Termites. You're in trouble. Didn't the home inspection catch that before you bought ?
Termites don’t bite people usually.
Closed Thread

Tags
insects, rid, suggestions, love, wings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.