Inside or Out Laundry?

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Default well said

Gracie, you said it better than I could (but we had the same thought)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Sage

This is gettin' good.........

Bill
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 AM

The only thing I wondered about is it harder on the washer and dryer itself being in a hot and humid environment. I have a Florida friend (not in TV) who tells me it will shorten the life of the washer and dryer.

Right now, mine is in the basement (Michigan). I don't have the buzzer on because when I am down there working (quilting stuff in the sewing cave), it scares the pants off of me when it goes off. I have jumped at least a foot and should have know it was ready to buzz.

On the subject of irons... I never took one out of the closet until I started quilting. If I pulled something out of the dryer and it was wrinkled, I threw it back into the wash. Yup, I am terrible.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Inside Laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
If you have an inside laundry and the washer springs a leak while you are not home, you will wish you had garage laundry. An inside laundry leave you open to flooding the whole house.
For less about $50 you can get a 20 year hose.

https://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp...lood-chek.aspx
Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Washing machine

[quote=graciegirl;352247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Good thing I have the best wife in the world cause I only do laundry when she travels. I always drop clothes on the floor so if we had garage laundry it would be the end of me...

aljetmet. This is really simple,so pay attention, it won't take long.

I think that your wife deserves the best husband in the world.

Pick up just the dark colored things off the floor and throw them in the washer. Add some Tide. Turn the washer on. Then when the cycle stops, throw them in the dryer for about a half an hour, if they are still damp hang them up. If they are dry hang them up.

Your inner self, your general knowledge and your sex life will improve almost immediately.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie

Didn't say I din't know how to do it. I'm just clumsy. Things have been just fine since 1973. What's not broke should not be tried to be fixed.

Talking about ironing. My mom taught me to iron when I was 7. Had top of my right hand burnt and remember the pain and blisters vividly. I was well trained.
Anyway. Since 1975 I'm waiting for my wife to cut her first blade of grass.

Have had a riding mower since 1989. Which will be retired at the end of 2012 season. (I hope)

Yippie. You can chastise me next spring when we come in to snoop around again. Third Friday of the month. Don't make any changes!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi Nitakk

have experienced the shredded kleenex a time or two BUT since we replaced w/d with new LG front load, kleenex doesn't shred, it's a wonderful life....Also, in another thread, must suggest putting a window/door between garage and laundry room, so you don't get wacked by your spouse as he enters laundry room, NOT a pretty sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
And my opinion is laundry in the garage - that's why we have choices so we can pick which best suits our need.
If you've ever washed a load with a piece of paper or kleenex left in the pocket, which my husband seems to love to do, you definitely appreciate the washer in the garage! You can shake the mess off the clothes and then nag him into cleaning the whole garage while he's sweeping up the mess. Hey, it works for me!!
We put in a ceiling fan above the laundry area which helps in the summer, but it really doesn't take long to get a load out and rush back indoors. Plus, you don't have the lint or the noise. I got a dryer that keeps fluffing after it dries so I don't have to be out there when it's done to prevent wrinkling.
Bottom line, it's all a matter of personal preference.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage

To my knowledge this is not a choice with any new designer model. For example my Begonia has a laundry room that is just as you come in from the garage. It has its own storage, overhead cabinets and sink. There is a door to block off most of the noise to the main part of the house. I would think that IF there was ever a broken hose that the tilt of the room would have the water run into the garage (but I'm not sure about that).

I've rented CYV with both. We preferred the outside one due to noise and space issues.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default a few thoughts

Hey Mr Russ...I think they are talking about the Villas.... ie Stoneybrook

Funny story for GG and Aljetmet. My hubby used to expect me to do all the laundry... but I still did things like mow. Well it occurred to me that my husband has an Engineering degree from Purdue University and BTW laundry is not Rocket Science!!! so well he saw my point and has helped ever since.
Whatever works for you!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Sage

I know but someone did mention something about other homes and options. Don't think you have an option on designer.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage

We've had laundry in the garage (in a CYV) and now we have laundry in our house next to the master bedroom. Very conveniently located. I much prefer the inside laundry for many reasons. Of course, not all of you have husbands like mine. He would unexpectedly use the garage door opener from outside to open the garage door. And there I would be, caught in the garage, doing laundry in my unmentionables. Yikes.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We've had laundry in the garage (in a CYV) and now we have laundry in our house next to the master bedroom. Very conveniently located. I much prefer the inside laundry for many reasons. Of course, not all of you have husbands like mine. He would unexpectedly use the garage door opener from outside to open the garage door. And there I would be, caught in the garage, doing laundry in my unmentionables. Yikes.
I heard about that Bare, and I understand that after the large crowd dispersed there were many favorable comments!
Old 05-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
..........And there I would be, caught in the garage, doing laundry in my unmentionables. Yikes.
WHOA!!!

Bill
Old 05-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Gold member

Aljetmet,

That 20 year hose guarantee reminds me of a conversation I had a while back with a house roof salesman. He said his roofing material was guaranteed for 50 years. So I asked him if the material had actually been installed on any house for 50 years. No answer. So I said "So what you are really telling me is that you think it will last 50 years and your company may or may not be around to back up that gaurantee in 50 years". Again, no response, just a deer in the headlights look. Be careful of gaurantees. Better to avoid the possibility all together.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
... and that's why we call her bare.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Of course, not all of you have husbands like mine. He would unexpectedly use the garage door opener from outside to open the garage door. And there I would be, caught in the garage, doing laundry in my unmentionables. Yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I heard about that Bare, and I understand that after the large crowd dispersed there were many favorable comments!
GG, I'm not surprised you heard about it. After the laughter died down, instead of taking me in, the police decided that my sentence for public nudity would be best served at home.

On a more positive note, as a result of the public exposure, I've received several nice offers of free liposuction.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.