Insight on Current Market for Buying a New Yamaha Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2022, 09:16 AM
Platinum member

There's one for sale on Next Door for $15,500.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayLady57 View Post
My husband and I just moved into our new home in St. Johns and two months previous to that were renting in McClure. Our friend Dave from R.I. now living in St. Catherine is a sales person for Villages Discount Golf Cars, and we headed over one day to this dealership when we were renting to surprise and see Dave about the purchase of a new Yahama Quiet Tech. When we arrived at this dealership we learned Dave was off that day so another sales person assisted us along with him getting Dave on the phone. Front and center in the show room was a new 4 seat Quiet Tech that the back seat flips down to create a cargo area which is exactly the model we wanted. We took this golf cart for a short test drive and then wrote the check to purchase it which minus then $1,000 discount that basically covered the sales tax our cost was for this cart was $19,700. Maybe a high price tag to some, but with only having one car now this justified the price for us. You may want to check this dealership out as they may have what you are looking for in your price range.

You do know Village Discount Carts does not sell new from the Yamaha factory golf carts? Village Discount sells what they call remanufactured Yamaha carts.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
You do know Village Discount Carts does not sell new from the Yamaha factory golf carts? Village Discount sells what they call remanufactured Yamaha carts.
Exactly!!!
Old 06-24-2022, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Have used Country Village in Webster and they have worked with me. Do not know prices but they were 2K less than The Villages in Novemberf 2020(prior to shortage time) They sell brand new carts for the same or close to some dealers around here that sell re furbished carts.

Just had repairs done and they were fantastic. Had very abnormal tire wear and they claim that the carts have alignment issues and Yamaha will not rectify the problem. They made some minor modifications to the front end. Only time will tell if these repairs will prevent future pre mature wearing. Front tires on the cart were angled in and now they are more upright.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
Had the same issue on seats. When buying seats and if you use cart mostly for golf, check the side bolstering of the seats. If no or small bolstering on the side of the seat, a golfer can slide out and off of the seat if the cart is on a side hill. Seat does have arm rests which can stop this but who wants to move the arm rest up and down everytime that they get in and out of a cart.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfishjeff View Post
I just ordered mine yesterday and the delivery date is Dec. 21st. There were 3 spots left for that delivery date then it moves to January. Prices have gone up for the 2023s which are essentially the same as 2022s. If you want the top of the line sliding doors, that adds $ 4,000 to the price. So it’s very easy to go over $ 20,000 with a few upgrades and options.
Before ordering the hard doors, try to them out and make sure that you can easily get in and out of the cart. I wanted these doors and I am 6ft 2 inches tall. Need to be a contortionist to get in and out of the cart.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayLady57 View Post
My husband and I just moved into our new home in St. Johns and two months previous to that were renting in McClure. Our friend Dave from R.I. now living in St. Catherine is a sales person for Villages Discount Golf Cars, and we headed over one day to this dealership when we were renting to surprise and see Dave about the purchase of a new Yahama Quiet Tech. When we arrived at this dealership we learned Dave was off that day so another sales person assisted us along with him getting Dave on the phone. Front and center in the show room was a new 4 seat Quiet Tech that the back seat flips down to create a cargo area which is exactly the model we wanted. We took this golf cart for a short test drive and then wrote the check to purchase it which minus then $1,000 discount that basically covered the sales tax our cost was for this cart was $19,700. Maybe a high price tag to some, but with only having one car now this justified the price for us. You may want to check this dealership out as they may have what you are looking for in your price range.
Wow, 5 years ago paid less for a 2015 VW Passat with all of the bells and whistles for the same price. Our 2020 Yamaha with out the described seats was $12, 500 including the governors cut.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan86 View Post
Spoke to Villages Gof Cars rep in early May. They were taking refundable deposits for early September delivery. We talked about price - with moderate seat upgrade, self cancelling signals, made to order rain coverings, dash and sidelights (I think that’s everything) they were talking about $16K if I recall correctly. Mid to high $13’s to start.

Edit to correct: just under $17K with tax.
Wow, I guess I'm selling my 2021 too cheap at only $11,950.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:38 AM

We're new to TV and just did the golf cart hunting routine.

The Villages Golf Cars -
Base 2023 cart ~$14000
Seat upgrade (adjustable bucket seats) ~$2000
Other misc. add-ons (tray, glovebox, seat belts, etc.) ~$1000
Tax ~$1100
Total out the door $18500 - delivery in October (and I see people in this thread saying delivery for new is now January)

A used 2018 one from The Villages Golf Cars was a base of $12495, the accessories, etc. were the same price. Out the door $15800.

Village Discount started at $16000 for a 2019. (They buy golf carts from golf courses, or that were used on pro tours, recondition them, and add on all the goodies to make them suitable for Villager use.) We got them down to $15000.

My take was that for new, there wasn't much difference in price between The Villages Golf Cars and the other local dealers, and used/reconditioned was within a couple thousand dollars of new.

With The Villages Golf Cars you build a cart from scratch. With some of the other dealers, you take what they have "on the lot". It's up to you whether a fully custom cart is worth a couple grand vs the time to have the new cart delivered.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Before ordering the hard doors, try to them out and make sure that you can easily get in and out of the cart. I wanted these doors and I am 6ft 2 inches tall. Need to be a contortionist to get in and out of the cart.
I had a Curtis Cab, key word had. The door hinge sticks out some and would frequently hit that getting in the cart. Also they are noisy.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:10 AM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Quote:
Wow, 5 years ago paid less for a 2015 VW Passat with all of the bells and whistles for the same price. Our 2020 Yamaha with out the described seats was $12, 500 including the governors cut.
Yes indeed, the cost of everything has certainly increased and more so over the last 2 years since you purchased your golf cart. Good thing you are not looking to purchase a new Passat, but if you were and were fortunate to find one the price for then has also significantly increased since you purchased yours in 2015.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
We're new to TV and just did the golf cart hunting routine.

The Villages Golf Cars -
Base 2023 cart ~$14000
Seat upgrade (adjustable bucket seats) ~$2000
Other misc. add-ons (tray, glovebox, seat belts, etc.) ~$1000
Tax ~$1100
Total out the door $18500 - delivery in October (and I see people in this thread saying delivery for new is now January)

A used 2018 one from The Villages Golf Cars was a base of $12495, the accessories, etc. were the same price. Out the door $15800.

Village Discount started at $16000 for a 2019. (They buy golf carts from golf courses, or that were used on pro tours, recondition them, and add on all the goodies to make them suitable for Villager use.) We got them down to $15000.

My take was that for new, there wasn't much difference in price between The Villages Golf Cars and the other local dealers, and used/reconditioned was within a couple thousand dollars of new.

With The Villages Golf Cars you build a cart from scratch. With some of the other dealers, you take what they have "on the lot". It's up to you whether a fully custom cart is worth a couple grand vs the time to have the new cart delivered.
That whole spiel about Village Discount carts being used only a few hours in a pro golf tournament is nonsense. This is was posted elsewhere:
These were leased golf carts that we bought from Yamaha who had leased them to golf courses. Fleet golf carts don’t have hour meters on them. So basically it means nobody knows how many hours they had on them. All I can tell you is we totally refurbish them and put a 5 year warranty on them for your peace of mind.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
When we were moving here and ordering a golf cart, I was determined not to buy anything unnecessary for it. Turn signals, roof, roll-down sides and seat belts were about all I felt I needed. When I was told how much the "deluxe" seats cost, I said "No" immediately. I sat in one with basic bench seats and they were certainly good enough. Then the salesman asked me to humor him and just give the deluxe seats a try. I sat in one for about 2 seconds and turned to him and asked, "So, what colors do these seats come in?" It seemed like a frivolous upgrade at first but I am SO glad I bumped up to them. These are separate bucket seats and the driver's side is adjustable forward and backward so we never had to get those stupid blocks you Velcro onto the gas and brake pedals for shorter folks (like my wife) to use. The arm rests are way more comfortable than those hard plastic non-movable arches on the bench seats as well.

I DO wish we had self-cancelling turn signals. I feel like such a stereotypical retiree driving along with my turn signal on when I forget to turn them off (ours don't beep when they are on, which would also drive me nuts).
Old 06-28-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I simulated a typical in and out pattern when playing golf. No problem. But then I’m old and shrinking.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruca View Post
What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2?
Is there still a wait when ordered?
Have prices gone up since April?
Price range with common upgrades?
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ?
Don’t know all the answers. We ordered early January 2022 from The Villages Cart at Brownwood and received it mid May. We don’t know about price increases recently. Actual price can vary a lot depending on what you want. We got a 4 seater, with the more expensive rear seats, extended top, seat belts for all seats, self canceling turn signals, overhead storage, additional lighting, dash, upgraded seats with adjustable driver seat. We did not order extra painting, special colors or more deluxe wheels. Price a little under 20K (only slightly less than we paid for a used 2016 Toyota Avalon a few years ago!) Price increases on horizon? - don”t know, but would expect it. Have a vague recollection that model year (and price?) changes in about August, but may be wrong on that. Good luck.
Closed Thread

Tags
market, buying, yamaha, price, insight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.