Insight on Current Market for Buying a New Yamaha Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2022, 12:15 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Aruca;2109385]What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2?
Is there still a wait when ordered?
Have prices gone up since April?
Price range with common upgrades?
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ?[/QUOTE

There is an add today(6/28) with a 65 hour 2022 cart for $14,900. That was the full retail price in 2020.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruca View Post
What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2? Extremely tight
Is there still a wait when ordered? Yes, 4-5 months
Have prices gone up since April? Yes, as with everything else
Price range with common upgrades? $16,000-$19,000
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ?
What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2? Extremely tight
Is there still a wait when ordered? Yes, 4-5 months
Have prices gone up since April? Yes, as with everything else
Price range with common upgrades? $16,000-$19,000
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ? Yes, as with everything else
Old 06-28-2022, 06:05 PM

Common problems:
Frames crack (not under warrantee)
Spark arrester causes problems
Old 06-28-2022, 06:34 PM

Check out Power Equipment in Webster. I got delivery in March, after a 3 month wait on a 2022 Yamaha drive 2 loaded for $13,900. Absolutely the best deal I found.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:53 PM

From a local tech: “Clogged spark arrester, Secondary clutch issues, belt issues, Fuel pumps, broken motor frame have been more than what I would like to see. Have had a couple of ECM failures.”

Sent from my iPad
Old 06-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
Trick Out a Golf Cart?? All that work and transporting to save a couple of thousand?? Let's not forget it's a Golf Cart used for getting you from point A to point B. Sure, upgrade tires and wheels, Sunbrella Fabric for those rainy days, Speedometer is a great upgrade, canceling signal lights, LED head lights, seat belts, upgraded seats for comfort, all good. Are you entering your Golf Cart in a Show. Too many people go crazy with their Golf Cart Upgrades only too find out later they didn't need half the upgrades and wasted a lot of money. Just My Opinion
He will save more that couple thousand, probably closer to 6 grand?
Old 06-28-2022, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
From a local tech: “Clogged spark arrester, Secondary clutch issues, belt issues, Fuel pumps, broken motor frame have been more than what I would like to see. Have had a couple of ECM failures.”
Sent from my iPad
Well, can’t get hit by Mac truck or run into one and expect no problems. Carts or car some people can’t drive or have clue how to maintain them.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
We bought the bullet on the high end seats on our new cart purchase for comfort and my wife now being able to move seat closer to reach pedals
Old 06-29-2022, 03:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
New seats
Old 06-29-2022, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfishjeff View Post
I just ordered mine yesterday and the delivery date is Dec. 21st. There were 3 spots left for that delivery date then it moves to January. Prices have gone up for the 2023s which are essentially the same as 2022s. If you want the top of the line sliding doors, that adds $ 4,000 to the price. So it’s very easy to go over $ 20,000 with a few upgrades and options.
I cannot keep my head understanding inflation. A golf cart is basically a riding lawn mower.
My first car well used, I paid $450 for it. My current car a 2011 Chevy Malibu, we paid 21,000 for it NEW. Our golf cart bought NEW 2013 YAMAHA fuel injected was 9,000. WHAT CAN I SAY BUT OUCH.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Well, can’t get hit by Mac truck or run into one and expect no problems. Carts or car some people can’t drive or have clue how to maintain them.
Reliability not sure if it has gone down or not. A repair tech gets a distorted view. Sort of like a doctor. All the carts he sees are sick.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
Trick Out a Golf Cart?? All that work and transporting to save a couple of thousand?? Let's not forget it's a Golf Cart used for getting you from point A to point B. Sure, upgrade tires and wheels, Sunbrella Fabric for those rainy days, Speedometer is a great upgrade, canceling signal lights, LED head lights, seat belts, upgraded seats for comfort, all good. Are you entering your Golf Cart in a Show. Too many people go crazy with their Golf Cart Upgrades only too find out later they didn't need half the upgrades and wasted a lot of money. Just My Opinion
There’s not one upgrade I have on my cart that I wouldn’t do again. What’s crazy for one person isn’t necessarily crazy for others.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,685 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
There’s not one upgrade I have on my cart that I wouldn’t do again. What’s crazy for one person isn’t necessarily crazy for others.
I quite agree, although, I will say I haven't used the espresso maker as often as I thought I would.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:00 AM

Ordered a new gas one from Villages Golf Cars in late May for 16k... ETA in Sept.

Nice that they provided a loaner, which I use about 1x a week.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

I will comment on the prices. I am head of Purchasing for a major US manufacturer. For the past 1 1/2 years inflation has been rampant. We all know the reasons. There have also been shortages. The cost of steel and plastics has tripled. That is what a cart is made of, so Yamaha and others had to adjust pricing. They are also having the same people issues everyone has. Bacause new carts have a waiting list, demand skyrocketed for used carts and prices went up to. I can assure you that as we speak, steel prices are down 25-30% from their highs, and falling every week. All industrial metals are starting to head down. Plastics have topped out and some like PolyPropylene have fallen 25%. I have seen this before, the supply chain will correct. The big question is will it correct enough so that Yamaha has to drop their prices? Maybe not, but the big recession coming will. When new carts are plentiful again, used prices will drop for sure. This is my prediction.

So if you can wait until next summer to buy a cart, I would. In fact I am. Just paid off the used 2018 Quietech cart I bought 3 yeas ago and want to buy an additional cart. I am waiting. Also waiting to see what will happen with LI-ion battery cart prices. We will see.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
market, buying, yamaha, price, insight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.