Insight on Current Market for Buying a New Yamaha Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2022, 09:55 AM
Default Insight on Current Market for Buying a New Yamaha Golf Cart

What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2?
Is there still a wait when ordered?
Have prices gone up since April?
Price range with common upgrades?
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ?
Old 06-23-2022, 08:59 PM

Spoke to Villages Gof Cars rep in early May. They were taking refundable deposits for early September delivery. We talked about price - with moderate seat upgrade, self cancelling signals, made to order rain coverings, dash and sidelights (I think that’s everything) they were talking about $16K if I recall correctly. Mid to high $13’s to start.

Edit to correct: just under $17K with tax.

Last edited by Spartan86; 06-24-2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

We ordered a 2023 QuieTech from Carts and Clubs last week. Several extras including El Tigre bucket seats, overhead fan , etc. We were told it could possibly be November before arriving. One can expect to pay 14-16K .
Old 06-23-2022, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Spoke to a dealer up north because I am thinking of buying one and tricking it out in my garage up there where I have lots of tools and room, then trailering it down to our Villages home. Fleet carts (the very basic ones they sell to golf courses) are readily available but they don’t come with the high speed gears needed for transportation in the Villages. The PTV (personal transportation vehicle) model, which comes with high speed gears and a very basic lighting package, are not currently available and are back ordered about 5 months out. A basic gas PTV is about $8,200 before taxes and Yamaha typically holds the price constant until the next years model comes out, when the price will almost certainly go up. I have done a lot of research and figure for about another 4 thousand I can trick out the cart as good or better than a new one from the Villages Golf Carts and for about 6 grand I could trick it out with everything I could possibly ever want. Of course, that would require a fair amount of labor on my part, but I enjoy a good project.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:40 AM

Trick Out a Golf Cart?? All that work and transporting to save a couple of thousand?? Let's not forget it's a Golf Cart used for getting you from point A to point B. Sure, upgrade tires and wheels, Sunbrella Fabric for those rainy days, Speedometer is a great upgrade, canceling signal lights, LED head lights, seat belts, upgraded seats for comfort, all good. Are you entering your Golf Cart in a Show. Too many people go crazy with their Golf Cart Upgrades only too find out later they didn't need half the upgrades and wasted a lot of money. Just My Opinion
Old 06-24-2022, 05:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
Trick Out a Golf Cart?? All that work and transporting to save a couple of thousand?? Let's not forget it's a Golf Cart used for getting you from point A to point B. Sure, upgrade tires and wheels, Sunbrella Fabric for those rainy days, Speedometer is a great upgrade, canceling signal lights, LED head lights, seat belts, upgraded seats for comfort, all good. Are you entering your Golf Cart in a Show. Too many people go crazy with their Golf Cart Upgrades only too find out later they didn't need half the upgrades and wasted a lot of money. Just My Opinion
Is he spending your money?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:33 AM

I just ordered mine yesterday and the delivery date is Dec. 21st. There were 3 spots left for that delivery date then it moves to January. Prices have gone up for the 2023s which are essentially the same as 2022s. If you want the top of the line sliding doors, that adds $ 4,000 to the price. So it’s very easy to go over $ 20,000 with a few upgrades and options.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I wish I'd spent the jack for the better seats. Speedometers are not expensive, but since mine broke I realized I don't need it. I used the phone app to measure my top speed, which is a hair over 20mph. I only use top speed to pass, so I know I'm typically under the limit.

But the seats? Dang, my butt gets sore on those long commutes to Lopez and back, sandwiched around 4 hours of golf. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and spend the 2K for the seats I should have bought originally.
You can still nice seats installed. Seats are one of the 1st things to consider.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
We ordered a 2023 QuieTech from Carts and Clubs last week. Several extras including El Tigre bucket seats, overhead fan , etc. We were told it could possibly be November before arriving. One can expect to pay 14-16K .
Good luck. I have a 2020 from Carts and Clubs and I can tell you their custom wiring jobs fail and they won't cover them under warranty claiming it's an accessory.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
As a side note blue lights on non emergency vehicles are illegal. I've seen all kinds of carts on the public way with blue lights, flashing or otherwise. Wildwood could make easy ticket revenue writing up those carts at Brownwood.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

I agree, just something to get from A to B. But then, I feel the same way about cars.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:25 AM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruca View Post
What’s the market like now for buying a New Yamaha Drive 2?
Is there still a wait when ordered?
Have prices gone up since April?
Price range with common upgrades?
Any Projected Price Increase on the horizon ?
My husband and I just moved into our new home in St. Johns and two months previous to that were renting in McClure. Our friend Dave from R.I. now living in St. Catherine is a sales person for Villages Discount Golf Cars, and we headed over one day to this dealership when we were renting to surprise and see Dave about the purchase of a new Yahama Quiet Tech. When we arrived at this dealership we learned Dave was off that day so another sales person assisted us along with him getting Dave on the phone. Front and center in the show room was a new 4 seat Quiet Tech that the back seat flips down to create a cargo area which is exactly the model we wanted. We took this golf cart for a short test drive and then wrote the check to purchase it which minus then $1,000 discount that basically covered the sales tax our cost was for this cart was $19,700. Maybe a high price tag to some, but with only having one car now this justified the price for us. You may want to check this dealership out as they may have what you are looking for in your price range.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:40 AM

Ordered ours from the Villages Golf Carts. With the upgrades, came to around 16k. Was originally going to be June, now pushed back to July. I expect, due t global issues, will be pushed again.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Good luck. I have a 2020 from Carts and Clubs and I can tell you their custom wiring jobs fail and they won't cover them under warranty claiming it's an accessory.
This is not our first cart from them, but thanks for your concern.
Closed Thread

Tags
market, buying, yamaha, price, insight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.