Insulting signs at fish hawk

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I question if you actually live in the Villages. Many your comments and opinions like in this thread berate the developer, district operations, and Villagers themselves. You have made numerous statements detrimental to the quality of our lifestyle, quality of our homes, and how we are governed. And even how some people shop.
I then have seen you post that you live in Miami, and live in the Plantation neighborhood. And now you pipe in on recreation center posters which have absolutely zero to do with you. I just wonder why people pretend once they get past 5 years old.
Can this be true?
I guess it is...................
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I dont know about the other commentor, but for me

we live so close that we are able to enjoy the opportunities that are available to The Villagers residents, except fee golf. I don't play anyway.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I question if you actually live in the Villages. Many your comments and opinions like in this thread berate the developer, district operations, and Villagers themselves. You have made numerous statements detrimental to the quality of our lifestyle, quality of our homes, and how we are governed. And even how some people shop.
I then have seen you post that you live in Miami, and live in the Plantation neighborhood. And now you pipe in on recreation center posters which have absolutely zero to do with you. I just wonder why people pretend once they get past 5 years old.
just so you know, i have a cyv we turned it into a rental because we wanted a little slower pace, and a lot less stress. we pay our $145 just like you do, but give our renters the cards. we also have a main home in Miami and another in the plantations and are currently looking for a village cottage to overnight and store some toys.

I have financial freedom and I have an opinion, get over it....
Old 03-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Veteran member

Has anyone noticed the full moon.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Has anyone noticed the full moon.
Yes. And the inmates of the asylum are howling.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
The nasty message is pretty clear to me.
whats nasty about it???
Old 03-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Yes. And the inmates of the asylum are howling.
sorry, just trying to stand up for my self from some who possibly don't comprehend what they read, or don't read the entire statement or possibly misinterpret what they have read.

I'm over it and out...
Old 03-08-2015, 05:53 PM
TOTV Moderator

Please direct your comments to the question of the posters in the billiard room at Fishhawk. Please discuss or criticize a member's opinion but not the member himself or herself.

Otherwise, the thread will be closed.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
just so you know, i have a cyv we turned it into a rental because we wanted a little slower pace, and a lot less stress. we pay our $145 just like you do, but give our renters the cards. we also have a main home in Miami and another in the plantations and are currently looking for a village cottage to overnight and store some toys.

I have financial freedom and I have an opinion, get over it....
I hope you enjoy TV. It really is a wonderful place.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM

At your age if things like that bother you I feel sorry for you. Not sure what bubble you have lived in. Time to loosen up or sign up for the trip to Mars they are taking applications now.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:37 PM

PLEEZEE With all that is going on in the world today it this conversation really necessary??????
Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM

How does an innocuous post about pictures in a rec center bring about such mean-spiritedness?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
How does an innocuous post about pictures in a rec center bring about such mean-spiritedness?
That's because some people have no respect for anyone's opinion that differs from their own. That is the same for the world outside TV, as well.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
People want to have things their own way. Some pick up their marbles and move back home.

Two tasteless decorating items amongst thousands is a pretty good track record. Most developers would put in paneling and those vinyl banquet tables and chairs from Sams, and leave it at that.

We get endless style and ambience with these themed rec centers. Think Eisenhower Rec Center. I cry when I read the letters from P.O.W.'s there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Re3G1Cbv3M

Old 03-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiquer505 View Post
So if it bothers someone that his child is called negative names at school he should just keep the child out of school? Or if there is a racist sign in a public place we should all stay away from that public place? And if a teenager thinks those signs at Fish Hawk are acceptable thinking--how does that help form his personality and further society's attempts at treating people well and with respect?
Wow! You know this is IS 2015 and not back in the '40's or '50's, states are legalizing pot and gay marriage is legal now in most states?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:44 PM

I'm not playing in this sandbox, there's way too many clumps in it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.