Insulting signs at fish hawk

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
The moment anyone mentioned that it is politically correct to be offended by these posters, I cast my vote. . . to keep them. Political correctness is should be properly re-labeled: Political Dumbness.
Bingo! If you don't like what you see, look away! If you dont like what you hear, change the channel!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM

Please tell me where to sign up--I'll pay anything to learn how
to keep my rod up
Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

I googled "fly fishing poster" and on "Fly Fishing on Pinterest" the two in Fish Hawk appeared among 69 pins.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Sage

I've got a bush in my front yard. Should I have it removed? I wouldn't want to offend anybody.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
whats nasty about it???
Just how plain do you want me to be. For most people the terms bush and rod was very evident. Or how about another. The term shoot a beaver meant being able to see up a woman's dress. Red Tail, I think I will stop at this point. You are apparently very nave. I have already went too far. Sorry. But I can assure you most men in a show of disrespect for women, using the terms combined with the pictures, have no doubt about the meaning of the words.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:23 PM

There are way too many people who are way too sensitive about way too many things. If I agreed with all of them, I would be offended by everyone and everything. Maybe it would be best to just turn a vision impaired eye and hearing challenged ear to the things that bother us sometimes.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
sorry, just trying to stand up for my self from some who possibly don't comprehend what they read, or don't read the entire statement or possibly misinterpret what they have read.

I'm over it and out...

You have no reason to apologize. Your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's. I learned that a long time ago in debate class.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:07 PM

Bottom line, if they are not innuendo savvy, it's easy to explain the what it really means, when you are fly fishing, you need to keep the rod tip up so it easier to keep the fish on, easy to explain to grand kids. If the grand kids perceive it as suggestive, then that is probably the most tame thing they have seen and they know and understand much more. I just have a hard time thinking six year, 10 year old grand kids would really get the joke, if they did, then that is a little scary. I can remember seeing Shrek, which is a cartoon FOR KIDS G rated when they see the castle which is tall and slender, Shrek looks at Donkey and says, " So you think maybe he's compensating for something". Something like that is easy to explain. A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste. My philosophy is don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. Adult community, give them the adult answer without the innuendo.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 PM

I will only do one post on this issue and it is to say that the posters demean women and should be replaced with more neutral material
Old 03-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-4-2;1025***
What an amazing amount of "hooey" raised by one person who appears to be very easily offended.
If we remove those posters, then we would have to remove the "(ate)" 8 ball, both the 6 & 9 balls, maybe "balls" in general, cue sticks with "butts" and "shafts," poolroom terminology like "breaking the balls" and "stroking" correctly," not even allowing mention of "screwing the shaft into the butt" of a 2-piece pool cue, and turn it into a Ping-Pong room (oops, that use "paddles" to hit the "balls."
I'm 71 years old and I still get amazed at many peoples' view of the world around them.
I agree!

When I go shoot pool in what ever Rec. Center I shoot pool and concentrate on my game. I have never noticed what was on the wall, floors, or ceiling.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

Kids are a LOT savvier than we think, and those pictures in that billiards room are not the problem. Any kid who sees those pictures and understand the double entendre' has probably already seen a lot worse.

What is the Average Age That a Teen Starts Sexting?

I'll risk a chance on a kid seeing those fishing pictures, especially when compared to the Bratz dolls five and six year old girls play with today. I'm attaching a picture of one. Frankly, I think these should be taken off the market, along with thong panties for pre-teen girls. Yes, those are available at all department stores. But those are MY boundaries. We all have different ones.

Our kids are already so overloaded on a daily basis with the likes of Miley, the Kardashians, and any "Housewives" franchise that I think a couple of retro girlie posters should be the least of a parent's worries.

However, for those of you that still think it is inappropriate, let me ask you this. How far are you willing to go? We can politically correct ourselves right into a society that accepts nothing less than the most conservative of ideology where no one talks about sex, no one drinks alcohol, women are seen fully clothed at all times when in public . . . oh, wait, some countries are already doing that.

Some of us dislike girlie posters and some of us dislike Bratz dolls and some of us dislike seeing older women in skimpy get-ups having a little too much to drink down there at the square. The good news is that we live in a country where we get to freely vocalize our likes and dislikes. Not everyone will agree with us and the change we seek may or may not happen.

I know a lot of you are not going to agree with my post. And that's okay.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	bratz doll.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	48753  

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Last edited by Wandatime; 03-08-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-08-2015, 11:27 PM

Better keep the kids out of Eisenhower,just a warning,some pretty racy nose art that you may not want to explain to the kids .
Old 03-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
Better keep the kids out of Eisenhower,just a warning,some pretty racy nose art that you may not want to explain to the kids .
I've been in there a few times and I missed the nose art? I'll have to look closer next time. I love the nose art on aircraft. It had to be one of the best moral booster for our boys overseas during those times.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
If you find this upsetting, I would not turn on the radio , TV or go to the movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Make sure you don't take your kids by the many cow pastures when the bulls are out, or Alice you might have some splainin to do. Give me a break I've seen worse on Dancing With The Stars and Super Bowl Half time shows. Those pictures are not offensive. JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
There are way too many people who are way too sensitive about way too many things. If I agreed with all of them, I would be offended by everyone and everything.
As Dougbee said "Much ado about nothing".
Old 03-09-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I've been in there a few times and I missed the nose art? I'll have to look closer next time. I love the nose art on aircraft. It had to be one of the best moral booster for our boys overseas during those times.
First room to the Right.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.