Old 03-09-2015, 04:59 AM

Well said Wanda!!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Just how plain do you want me to be. For most people the terms bush and rod was very evident. Or how about another. The term shoot a beaver meant being able to see up a woman's dress. Red Tail, I think I will stop at this point. You are apparently very naïve. I have already went too far. Sorry. But I can assure you most men in a show of disrespect for women, using the terms combined with the pictures, have no doubt about the meaning of the words.
ANY 12 year old could log into this forum and read what you just posted which has your name on it.

Eight years ago when our grandchildren were teens they logged in to this forum to see just what The Villages were all about when we said we were moving here and read my posts.

Kids know a LOT about US. Yes they do. There is also an Urban Dictionary readily available on the net.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-09-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
Kids are a LOT savvier than we think, and those pictures in that billiards room are not the problem. Any kid who sees those pictures and understand the double entendre' has probably already seen a lot worse.

What is the Average Age That a Teen Starts Sexting?

I'll risk a chance on a kid seeing those fishing pictures, especially when compared to the Bratz dolls five and six year old girls play with today. I'm attaching a picture of one. Frankly, I think these should be taken off the market, along with thong panties for pre-teen girls. Yes, those are available at all department stores. But those are MY boundaries. We all have different ones.

Our kids are already so overloaded on a daily basis with the likes of Miley, the Kardashians, and any "Housewives" franchise that I think a couple of retro girlie posters should be the least of a parent's worries.

However, for those of you that still think it is inappropriate, let me ask you this. How far are you willing to go? We can politically correct ourselves right into a society that accepts nothing less than the most conservative of ideology where no one talks about sex, no one drinks alcohol, women are seen fully clothed at all times when in public . . . oh, wait, some countries are already doing that.

Some of us dislike girlie posters and some of us dislike Bratz dolls and some of us dislike seeing older women in skimpy get-ups having a little too much to drink down there at the square. The good news is that we live in a country where we get to freely vocalize our likes and dislikes. Not everyone will agree with us and the change we seek may or may not happen.

I know a lot of you are not going to agree with my post. And that's okay.
Excellent post.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiquer505 View Post
The pictures aren't the issue. It's the language. "We'll take you deep into the Bush" and "We'll teach you to keep your Rod up"...combine with the pinup posters. I can hear the man cave snickering from here.
I reread your first post and then reread this one above ........... and it occurs to me that you had to explain in more detail just how "dirty" these pin-up posters were.

I have been married for many years, have raised two sons, worked and traveled and yet you had to take apart the posters to explain to us all in detail that the words bush and rod are indecent! I have never before thought of the words bush and rod as being erotica, but then I guess I don't go through life looking for the double entendre in everything. Your thinking reminds me of the censors who used to go through all the movies looking for imagined filth.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-09-2015, 06:17 AM
Default Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
I will only do one post on this issue and it is to say that the posters demean women and should be replaced with more neutral material
It's not fair to say that all the posters on this board are mean to women.

I am so tired of politically correct thinking and attacks on the developer.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
It's not fair to say that all the posters on this board are mean to women.

I am so tired of politically correct thinking and attacks on the developer.
No wonder people can't communicate on a message board.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Eternal Member

The big problem lies in where does it stop. Now it's a petition for pictures on a rec center wall. Then it will go to the movies at the squares, then the books in the library, etc..... The world is a big place filled with all kinds of life. Some is awesome, some is not. But it's a good thing that someone isn't censoring everything and controlling all that we are allowed to see & do.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Sage

The Villages Florida
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
The Villages Florida
And lots of happy hours. LOL
Old 03-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

FunTrivia a very heavily used trivia web-site is very family friendly and will boot people who use foul language and post r and/or x rated kind of language. That's in the public section of it though. I have had some particularly foul attacks on me when I am in a private group challenging one another to get the most questions right and fastest in a Tournament. And if someone really starts complaining then the culprit in the private Tournament gets banned for whatever time the moderator deems appropriate. http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=Taltarzac

My point is context in important.

If you hell "God is great" during a showing of American Sniper you might have a half dozen guys and gals tackling you. And, this might be in the Villages even if most of these six would be over 65.

The pool room posters just show me that there is life here in some in the Villages. And life with all its foibles.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-09-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Really????
Old 03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Sage

I love the whole pin up genre of art. It is a real kind of art from the era of the forties. It includes the artist Varga and also encompasses all of the the nose cone art from the second world war pilots airplanes. It was not demeaning to women unless you have that mind set. We were all young and better looking than we are now, and most of us have pictures of us snapped in our bathing suits.

I am offended by people offended by the fact that was included in the art hung on the wall of that rec center because it absolutely fit in with a fish camp pool room of that era's décor. I don't have stuff like that in my house because that is not the kind of décor I have, but it is part and parcel of the art of that era. Including the double entendres.

GOOD GRIEF. Do we have any body who is old enough to post on a senior forum. I was a small child in the forties and I saw this kind of pin up art as a child and I am still kicking. Nose cone art below. Disclaimer, don't open if you will be offended by what our pilots put on their airplanes back then.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ies&FORM=BILH1
Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
Kids are a LOT savvier than we think, and those pictures in that billiards room are not the problem. Any kid who sees those pictures and understand the double entendre' has probably already seen a lot worse.

What is the Average Age That a Teen Starts Sexting?

I'll risk a chance on a kid seeing those fishing pictures, especially when compared to the Bratz dolls five and six year old girls play with today. I'm attaching a picture of one. Frankly, I think these should be taken off the market, along with thong panties for pre-teen girls. Yes, those are available at all department stores. But those are MY boundaries. We all have different ones.

Our kids are already so overloaded on a daily basis with the likes of Miley, the Kardashians, and any "Housewives" franchise that I think a couple of retro girlie posters should be the least of a parent's worries.

However, for those of you that still think it is inappropriate, let me ask you this. How far are you willing to go? We can politically correct ourselves right into a society that accepts nothing less than the most conservative of ideology where no one talks about sex, no one drinks alcohol, women are seen fully clothed at all times when in public . . . oh, wait, some countries are already doing that.

Some of us dislike girlie posters and some of us dislike Bratz dolls and some of us dislike seeing older women in skimpy get-ups having a little too much to drink down there at the square. The good news is that we live in a country where we get to freely vocalize our likes and dislikes. Not everyone will agree with us and the change we seek may or may not happen.

I know a lot of you are not going to agree with my post. And that's okay.

Excellent post.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I reread your first post and then reread this one above ........... and it occurs to me that you had to explain in more detail just how "dirty" these pin-up posters were.

I have been married for many years, have raised two sons, worked and traveled and yet you had to take apart the posters to explain to us all in detail that the words bush and rod are indecent! I have never before thought of the words bush and rod as being erotica, but then I guess I don't go through life looking for the double entendre in everything. Your thinking reminds me of the censors who used to go through all the movies looking for imagined filth.
Let me explain it to you.. I am a man and have heard these words and many more, used in a show of disrespect for women. When one adds the words bush and rod to the photos, posed by women, here is no doubt of the meaning conveyed. Many responses seem to have no problem with these two pictures, If the photos were of scantily clothed men with similar suggestive words, would they feel the same. And to portray this as art or erotica is hogwash.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Let me explain it to you.. I am a man and have heard these words and many more, used in a show of disrespect for women. When one adds the words bush and rod to the photos, posed by women, here is no doubt of the meaning conveyed. Many responses seem to have no problem with these two pictures, If the photos were of scantily clothed men with similar suggestive words, would they feel the same. And to portray this as art or erotica is hogwash.
Now we know where you stand.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.