Insurance company recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 07:37 AM

Talk to All-State. We switched everything to them. Homeowners, car, golf cart and umbrella coverage. They were lower on some coverage and a little more on others but the HUGE difference was in sinkhole coverage where they have a $500 deductible where other carriers have a $25,000 or higher deductible.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
If you are not a member of Nextdoor, you might want to sign up for it on Nextdoor.com. Lots of information on everything, including insurance companies, landscapers, doctors, lawyers etc. Your neighbors have a lot of input and recommendations for you.
It used to be that way but now it’s just an agree machine or gang up site. Next door is good for selling things by little value otherwise.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 AM
Default Insurance Agent

We switched our insurance to Southern Insurance Group in Clermont several years ago. They have been very helpful and have saved us money.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:47 AM
Default Farm Bureau insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footer View Post
I had Chubb through TV and they pay out claims with no hassle but they were getting too expensive so I switched to Farmer's iin Leesburg and saved quite a bit of money. Foremost is a Farmer's company.
We got a 100% increase from AI thru the villages ins. Contacted Farm Bureau ins located Main Street wildwood and got a substantial reduction in the price of our current policy. Win win
Old 07-29-2021, 09:39 AM

State Farm they’ll even write you a sink hole policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
Hey Villagers,

Looking to get home owners, auto, umbrella and Golf Cart insurance in TV. My current carrier does not underwrite policies for Florida. Any recommendations for reputable carriers? It's easy to compare costs, but hard to know which companies are good payers on claims, till it's too late.

Also, wondering about The Villages Insurance Co. They are probably just a broker, but do seem to be a logical choice. Any opinion?
Old 07-29-2021, 09:55 AM
Default Insurance company recommendations

Quote:
Hey Villagers,

Looking to get home owners, auto, umbrella and Golf Cart insurance in TV. My current carrier does not underwrite policies for Florida. Any recommendations for reputable carriers? It's easy to compare costs, but hard to know which companies are good payers on claims, till it's too late.

Also, wondering about The Villages Insurance Co. They are probably just a broker, but do seem to be a logical choice. Any opinion?
I use Safeco In New York and they told me that they also insure in Florida.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:26 AM

Is there golf cart coverage for just the LifeStyle visit?
Old 07-29-2021, 10:37 AM

Who was the agent. Do they have the same sink hole deductible
Old 07-29-2021, 01:57 PM
Lightbulb Home Owners Insurance

There are no major insurers in Florida. Years ago Bill Nelson worked with all of them to set up Florida Corporations. In the event of the big one they can bankrupt the company's and the state (actually you) will pay the claims. Today Allstate is Allstate of Florida, the same with all the rest. Best bet is go for the cheapest company you can find. All will cover normal regular problems, per your policy, but again if the big one hits, all of them will just close up and you will deal with the state to get your claim covered. Bill Nelson was a great politician, always looking out for Bill Nelson, I believe he now runs NASA.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We went with The Village Ins. Co. They have our golf carts with Foremost and the house with Tower Hill. Our cars are still registered in MA.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Hey Villagers,

Shop around. You will probably go with AAA. Unless you like pay more for less. IMO you’re not going to save with villages ins, Allstate, or gecko. Villages INs. are brokers you get pay for their direction to off brand insurance. Allstate IMO has always been high, and the only thing good about gecko is the commercials.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Hey Villagers,

Call Abshier Allstate. Home with sinkhole coverage as low as $500.00, bundle golf cart, umbrella and auto with your home. New auto program based on actual daily mileage. Auto premiums very good.

352-245-2423 Ext 108

Great agency
Old 07-30-2021, 07:59 AM

I used Frank Slaughter Insurance in Wildwood. Ask for Angela Taylor they are an independent agency. I got the best rate and coverage with them. I intend to shop around when my policy comes due.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:19 PM

Just fired Allstate after getting a bill with a ridiculous renewal rate for my car. I never had an accident or other claim and had no tickets. Plus service was terrible. Had to call the main office because I could never get my agent on the phone. Always had to leave a message, and rarely got a call back. Went over his head and called the main office, they could not give me a reason for the rate increase. Finally found State Farm with a much lower rate and very friendly agent. There is a message here for insurance agents: Treat your clients like dirt, and they are no longer your clients.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

We've been with AAA South for quite a few years and are happy with them. On our one claim (new roof), according to the roofing company rep, the insurance company was overly generous. We're grandfathered into a $500 for sinkhole coverage as well as catastrophic loss, so it's a little hard to consider giving that up. We have homeowners, auto, and liability umbrella with them; golf cart is with Progressive. Never had an issue. When we first moved here we did check out Villages Insurance and found them outrageous and not particularly responsive....
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, recommendations, till, companies, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.