Insurance Policy Question

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2022, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Is it fair to adjust insurance premiums according to your credit rating ?
I think it is fair. People with a lower credit rating are more likely to file an insurance claim.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:37 PM

No I don't think credit scores have any business in premium setting. I for one, don't know and couldn't care less what my score is. I bought a seller financed home in 2006 and nobody ran my credit. Haven't needed my score in 40 years. Those three reporting outfits are major league scammers if you ask me.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:15 AM
Veteran member
Default insurance

you do know in Florida - you get the balance of your premium back if you switch ?

you can get quotes ANYTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I read somewhere that once a year when your insurance policy's come due, you should always review your policies with other companies to seek cheaper rates.

Now I been with XYZ company going on 8 years, and there isn't 12 months goes by without them raising my 3-group policy's total premiums by $10- $20 and more in any given year, (auto, home, and umbrella).

Ok, yes, I realize there's inflation, fires, floods for insurance co. to pay for, but is this normal procedure for insurance Co's to treat long time policy holders.

If I switch to other Companies with cheaper rates for now, what's not to say in 12 months, the same thing will happen, rates go up.

Am I better to bite the bullet and stay put?

I need some guidance here people.

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:16 AM
Veteran member
Default scores do count

maybe not in 2006 but yes now they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake View Post
No I don't think credit scores have any business in premium setting. I for one, don't know and couldn't care less what my score is. I bought a seller financed home in 2006 and nobody ran my credit. Haven't needed my score in 40 years. Those three reporting outfits are major league scammers if you ask me.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, rates, cheaper, policys, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.