OHHHHHHH! That car buying experience.

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Founder
Default OHHHHHHH! That car buying experience.

Like most of you, where we previously lived, we had found a car dealer that we could trust. He was a good friend of ours and he took good care of us when it came time to buy.

Now, down here, it's a real learning experience. When we first moved, I had trouble with my 2002 Sedan De Ville and (In our opinion) found the service at Sullivan to be awful. It got to the point that we had General Motors Cadillac division involved. Even then, we never got the car repaired properly. Finally, we just gave up and traded it on a Chevy Tahoe at Palm Chevrolet. We have found Palm to be pretty good in the service end. The sales people are just like any car dealer. They want to sell you a new car and will say anything to accomplish that. We have 10 months left on our Tahoe lease and we got a call from somebody claiming to be from Palm saying that if we came in right now, we could get a new Tahoe and Chevy would forgive the last ten months of our old lease. Plus they would give $3,000 cash back and $500 toward gas. It turned out to be totally and completely false information. The sales manager apologized and said it was an overzealous, new sales rep.

Enough about me. What are your car buying experiences here? We all want to know.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Default Re: OHHHHHHH! That car buying experience.

JAN. JUST TO LET YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOW, AFTER I RELOCATE TO TV I WILL BE BACK IN THE CAR BUSINESS SELLING AS I DO NOW. IF YOU WANT AN HONEST GUY WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, JUST LOOK ME UP. I WILL INFORM YOU OF THE DEALERSHIP I GO TO. TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY. P.S. BE CAREFUL WITH SALES REPS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY. MOST DO NOT CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR CAR. I DO.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Kar Guy, post the name on TOTV when you join a dealership. We'll be in the market for a new one soon.

Joe
Old 08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Platinum member

Kar Guy will you be selling new or used? I told my wife I will not buy another new vehicle in KY because of the personal property tax. I WILL when we get to TV.

Steve
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.