Interesting Facts About TV Part 1

Old 02-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeder01 View Post
Sun City West, Sun City Grand, etc, they already exist and the climate is so much better than Florida.
Could't disagree more. But then, I hate being roasted in a dry desert and others hate being steamed in a humid area. To each their own.

I'm familiar with Sun Cit West as my mother-in-law moved there umpteen years ago. Visiting there was what turned me on to the idea of living in an active retirement community. I just didn't want it to be where the humidity was in the teens and the temperature regularly over 100. The Villages is a dream come true for my wife and I.

It also seems that the last time we visited Sun City West (the MIL moved from there a number of years ago), it was looking kind of run-down with a number of its facilities closing down. With the Morse family's active leadership, The Villages is being kept up and is growing constantly. I guess I prefer their approach to the "build it out and hand it over to the residents" approach of Del Webb.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeder01 View Post
Sun City West, Sun City Grand, etc, they already exist and the climate is so much better than Florida.
I much prefer the eastern side of the valley, Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Gilbert and Chandler, especially Scottsdale.

The Phoenix area does get a haboob every now and then. I have experienced two there. haboob in arizona - Google Search

Haboob Dust Storm Phoenix AZ 7/3/2014 - YouTube

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 02-26-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:45 AM

Interesting to see what TV was like back then. I'd been here two years in 2007.
Thanks for the info.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.