Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Interesting Facts About TV Part 2 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/interesting-facts-about-tv-part-2-a-56005/)

Lonnieme2 10-20-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 2016582)
There are over a hundred (probably more like 120+ now) swimming pools if you include the neighborhood pools, the "family" pools and the sports pools There are 10 sports with Olympic-length lanes. These pools are for residents-only (guest passes don't work there) as they hold so many classes there (water aerobics, zoomba, water volleyball, etc.). You can only swim during "open swim" periods. See the regularly updated schedule for the sports pools in the link below.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...olSchedule.pdf

I just saw your reply. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this info. We will be there in a few months (Christmas 2021). Rented a house for 8 nights through V-r-B-o. This is the second visit with more to come until we call The Villages home in four years. Anyway, we are paying the $50 for the resident ID and with it can use the sport pools. :-) 120+ pools plus a gazillion other things to do. That place is simply amazing!

Lonnieme2 10-20-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1776044)
I knew the VA clinic at Mulberry was big, been inside there many times, but didn't know it was 99,000 square feet. That's twice the size of the new Publix under construction at Trailwinds, which is going to be 49,000 square feet. I believe the one at Colony is about the same, and the one at Lake Deaton Plaza I believe it was 54,000 square feet.

https://www.northflorida.va.gov/NORT...es_480x330.jpg

Our VA clinic in Atlanta is so jacked up that we don't use it. What is the wait time to be seen at one in the Villages and how is the quality of care?

Smileymer 06-08-2022 06:33 PM

15 year old-

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhlNj (Post 907258)
regarding this statement:
Three Villages subdivisions are designated as “family units” and are not subject to the under-19 restriction.

We just bought in the Villages and would have bought in a "family unit" area if we had known since we have a 15 year old. Can you tell me which subdivisions are "family units"? Thanks!

I also have a 15 year old and am waiting for the Villages to build Middleton.That is suppose to be the Village for Parents with Children looking to work in The Villages and send their children to the newest Highschool.
Does anyone know when Middleton will start to build and sell homes?

Bilyclub 06-09-2022 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smileymer (Post 2104113)
I also have a 15 year old and am waiting for the Villages to build Middleton.That is suppose to be the Village for Parents with Children looking to work in The Villages and send their children to the newest Highschool.
Does anyone know when Middleton will start to build and sell homes?

They are working on getting the high school done. On the website they state 2023.

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community

Robnlaura 10-23-2023 08:12 AM

Well they are making you pay well for that growth with bonds property tax increases plus a monthly “amenity fee” I think it’s rather great they have it down to such an easy way to expand..

Bogie Shooter 10-23-2023 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robnlaura (Post 2267586)
Well they are making you pay well for that growth with bonds property tax increases plus a monthly “amenity fee” I think it’s rather great they have it down to such an easy way to expand..

So, your not here, right?

retiredguy123 10-23-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 725834)
This is great. How can I copy this to email for some of my friends?

On a PC, highlight the text, hold the Control button and tap "C", then go to your email and hold the Control button and tap "V" in the body of the email message.

Marathon Man 10-23-2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2267609)
So, your not here, right?

Another on-the-outside-wishing-to-be-in commenter.

Lastag 11-20-2023 03:45 PM

This is really interesting info. Thanks so much!!

BillY41 11-21-2023 05:23 AM

Thank you very interesting and informative

#72 Moffitt Cancer Center. I don't think that is accurate?????

Two Bills 11-21-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillY41 (Post 2276233)
#72 Moffitt Cancer Center. I don't think that is accurate?????

You may want to have another look at the date of the OP! :icon_wink:

Lastag 11-28-2023 03:35 PM

SO much information and so many things to do. Where do I find the time. :)

juliep1usa 11-28-2023 04:57 PM

Association Manager and Telephone number question

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 516055)
I just copy and pasted......:p

I enjoy knowing about all the facts, but do you know who is the Association/Manager is in The Villages? I have to fill out a form that asks for the Association Manager and phone number. You did not list that info on all the other you sent out. Hope you can help me figure this one out! LOL. The Villages is soooo large, I don't think we have an Association Manager or number.

Goldwingnut 11-28-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliep1usa (Post 2278014)
I enjoy knowing about all the facts, but do you know who is the Association/Manager is in The Villages? I have to fill out a form that asks for the Association Manager and phone number. You did not list that info on all the other you sent out. Hope you can help me figure this one out! LOL. The Villages is soooo large, I don't think we have an Association Manager or number.

There is no HOA, and thus no Association Manager in The Villages. There are two groups that will represent the resident's interests - The Villages Home Owners Advocates and the Property Owners Association (VHA and POA respectively), but they have neither power nor authority to affect any change, implement any policy, nor enforce any rules. The reality is that they are little more than social organizations.
Operation and maintenance of the community falls to the Community Development District (CDD) governmental body, a special purpose government under Florida Statute chapter 190. There are currently 16 residential CDDs and 5 commercial CDDs within the boundaries of The Villages communities.
Yep, it's a bit complicated, but it has proven itself to be highly effective for the community for over 30 years. For more information about the governance of The VIllages go to districtgov.org