Interesting Facts About TV Part 2

Old 10-20-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
There are over a hundred (probably more like 120+ now) swimming pools if you include the neighborhood pools, the "family" pools and the sports pools There are 10 sports with Olympic-length lanes. These pools are for residents-only (guest passes don't work there) as they hold so many classes there (water aerobics, zoomba, water volleyball, etc.). You can only swim during "open swim" periods. See the regularly updated schedule for the sports pools in the link below.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...olSchedule.pdf
I just saw your reply. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this info. We will be there in a few months (Christmas 2021). Rented a house for 8 nights through V-r-B-o. This is the second visit with more to come until we call The Villages home in four years. Anyway, we are paying the $50 for the resident ID and with it can use the sport pools. :-) 120+ pools plus a gazillion other things to do. That place is simply amazing!
Old 10-20-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I knew the VA clinic at Mulberry was big, been inside there many times, but didn't know it was 99,000 square feet. That's twice the size of the new Publix under construction at Trailwinds, which is going to be 49,000 square feet. I believe the one at Colony is about the same, and the one at Lake Deaton Plaza I believe it was 54,000 square feet.

The Villages Florida
Our VA clinic in Atlanta is so jacked up that we don't use it. What is the wait time to be seen at one in the Villages and how is the quality of care?
Old 06-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Smile 15 year old-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlNj View Post
regarding this statement:
Three Villages subdivisions are designated as “family units” and are not subject to the under-19 restriction.

We just bought in the Villages and would have bought in a "family unit" area if we had known since we have a 15 year old. Can you tell me which subdivisions are "family units"? Thanks!
I also have a 15 year old and am waiting for the Villages to build Middleton.That is suppose to be the Village for Parents with Children looking to work in The Villages and send their children to the newest Highschool.
Does anyone know when Middleton will start to build and sell homes?
Old 06-09-2022, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileymer View Post
I also have a 15 year old and am waiting for the Villages to build Middleton.That is suppose to be the Village for Parents with Children looking to work in The Villages and send their children to the newest Highschool.
Does anyone know when Middleton will start to build and sell homes?
They are working on getting the high school done. On the website they state 2023.

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
Old 10-23-2023, 08:12 AM

Well they are making you pay well for that growth with bonds property tax increases plus a monthly “amenity fee” I think it’s rather great they have it down to such an easy way to expand..
Old 10-23-2023, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
Well they are making you pay well for that growth with bonds property tax increases plus a monthly “amenity fee” I think it’s rather great they have it down to such an easy way to expand..
So, your not here, right?
Old 10-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
This is great. How can I copy this to email for some of my friends?
On a PC, highlight the text, hold the Control button and tap "C", then go to your email and hold the Control button and tap "V" in the body of the email message.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-23-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, your not here, right?
Another on-the-outside-wishing-to-be-in commenter.
Old 11-20-2023, 03:45 PM

This is really interesting info. Thanks so much!!
Old 11-21-2023, 05:23 AM
Default Thank you very interesting and informative

#72 Moffitt Cancer Center. I don't think that is accurate?????
Old 11-21-2023, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillY41 View Post
#72 Moffitt Cancer Center. I don't think that is accurate?????
You may want to have another look at the date of the OP!
Old 11-28-2023, 03:35 PM

SO much information and so many things to do. Where do I find the time.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:57 PM
Default Association Manager and Telephone number question

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I just copy and pasted......
I enjoy knowing about all the facts, but do you know who is the Association/Manager is in The Villages? I have to fill out a form that asks for the Association Manager and phone number. You did not list that info on all the other you sent out. Hope you can help me figure this one out! LOL. The Villages is soooo large, I don't think we have an Association Manager or number.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliep1usa View Post
I enjoy knowing about all the facts, but do you know who is the Association/Manager is in The Villages? I have to fill out a form that asks for the Association Manager and phone number. You did not list that info on all the other you sent out. Hope you can help me figure this one out! LOL. The Villages is soooo large, I don't think we have an Association Manager or number.
There is no HOA, and thus no Association Manager in The Villages. There are two groups that will represent the resident's interests - The Villages Home Owners Advocates and the Property Owners Association (VHA and POA respectively), but they have neither power nor authority to affect any change, implement any policy, nor enforce any rules. The reality is that they are little more than social organizations.
Operation and maintenance of the community falls to the Community Development District (CDD) governmental body, a special purpose government under Florida Statute chapter 190. There are currently 16 residential CDDs and 5 commercial CDDs within the boundaries of The Villages communities.
Yep, it's a bit complicated, but it has proven itself to be highly effective for the community for over 30 years. For more information about the governance of The VIllages go to districtgov.org
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.