Interesting Incident RE Road Rage

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Sage
Default Interesting Incident RE Road Rage

I am coming home from Walmart and I was the intersection of Southern Trace and Buena Vista Blvd. A car was stopped at the light and blocking the golf cart path.

The first cart driver just went around the car blocking the cart path. The second cart decided to keep blowing his horn. I didn't really see what the car driver was doing but she had no intention of moving. The wife gets out of the cart and really pounds on the drivers window. The woman car driver is obliviously not budging. The light turns green and the car driver still doesn't move. The cart woman starts yelling for the car driver to go, as the light turned green. The car driver still doesn't move. A VCCD vehicle was behind the car blocking the cart path and was witness to what was happening. He turned on his flashers.

At the last moment the car driver started to go to make the light and flipped the bird to the the cart's husband and wife and I noticed she did so in a very angry fashion.

I think the woman who blocked the cart path could have moved up and was wrong, in blocking the cart path.

The cart people in question was wrong in they could have mentioned the problem to the woman, in a non-aggressive way or just waited. After all, we are retired and can take our time in doing things.

Fortunately, this incident did not escalate any further. Just another case of people being very inconsiderate of other people.

I was wondering if anyone has witnessed similar episodes of bad behavior, between cart drivers and car drivers? Does the VCCD personnel have any jurisdiction to mediate, this type of problem or do the police have to be called?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Funny! Old people ( which I am one....)!!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

That was a reckless and dangerous move on the part of the lady in the golf cart.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage

Aggression is going to bring about the end of society as we know it.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Aggression is going to bring about the end of society as we know it.
It all ready has
Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

I know these things happen, and I've seen them with my own two eyes, but boy do I dislike it. Where does all the hostility originate? And how does it solve anything?

Several people left that scene angry and upset; more, like you, left unsettled. And the hostility solved absolutely nothing.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 03-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Maybe the driver had a medical emergency and pulled over to be safe and out of the way.
Asking if she could be of help would have been a better approach.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 PM

The woman in the cart must have had a very urgent appointment or been a very important person. WE ARE RETIRED, relax
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage

I heard it was a jealous lovers quarrel. Seems the guy was married (to the woman in the cart) and had a girlfriend on the side (she was driving the car). Well the guy got to feeling guilty, so he called it quits with the girlfriend. The girlfriend was not ready to call it quits, she decided to lash out and inform the wife that he had been fooling around on her. The wife did not believe her. The girlfriend was mad that the wife doubted her and nasty words were exchanged. The wife asked her husband to get her away from "this lying woman". The girlfriend followed in her car, causing havoc at each chance she could...
Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

I am sure none of them slept very well last night.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

In the last couple of months I have seen more and more of this behavior on the cart paths and roads. I came down the cart path from glenbrook one day and it started when this gentleman became enraged I stopped before crossing behind the gate. As we ventured down the multi path he became more and more aggravated he couldn't pass we since my 20.5 MPH wasn't fast enough and soon the fact there was traffic coming the other way did'nt stop him from eventually passing me. He then approached the crossing at southern trace and BV and shot across nearly grazing a car. As I followed I observed his destination was to the starter shack at Hawke's Bay course. All that to make his tee time. Eventually he'll cause harm to himself or others but my bet is he could care less.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

I can imagine that this happens many times at this particular spot. The whole golf cart/auto/stoplight/gate configuration is just made for problems.

The golf cart path goes between the stop light and the gates, causing a very dangerous situation. Why the golf cart path doesn't go BEHIND the gatehouse like in most places doesn't make any sense to me.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Email Reported As Spam

These are symptoms of a bigger problem over congestion and it is only going to get worse as they continue to build because the needed infrastructure will lag behind
Old 03-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage

One thing about the gates that have the cart paths behind them is if you are on a cart and one of the gate arms are broken , there is a temporary stop sign placed for the cars. Most of the drivers won't stop. Just a heads up to them it's another suggestion.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
These are symptoms of a bigger problem over congestion and it is only going to get worse as they continue to build because the needed infrastructure will lag behind
Absolutely agree.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.