Did you go to the new Wal Mart?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Founder
Default Did you go to the new Wal Mart?

The newspaper said that thousands of people showed up at the grand opening of the new WalMart. I'm curious, what was there worth fighting the crowds for. Not a criticism, just curiosity.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Default Re: Did you go to the new Wal Mart?

We went over about four o'clock in the afternoon and the parking lot was pretty full but inside the store didn't seem crowded at all. It is very nice, bright and the aisles are wider than most Wal-Marts. I didn't see anything that much different except ALL the checkouts were open and there really wasn't any waiting in line. We all know they won't keep that up very long. At the 441 Wal-Mart I can read an entire scandal sheet (The National Enquirer) while I am waiting in line.
We needed another Wal-Mart and I am glad to see all the businesses coming to the Villages.We don't hardly even have to leave the Villages for anything that that is really a convenience that I love.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Founder

Did you buy anything? ;D
Old 01-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Of course, we bought a few things. We always need somethings and Wal-mart usually has a good selection. I really wanted to buy a digital camera that they have on their website but they didn't have that one in the store.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Yes we went over to the new Walmart about 3 o'clock just to check it out. Store is very nice and I love the natural lighting in the store instead so many fluorescent lights. A big concern is the merging of golf carts with cars. There are a couple spots that are pretty tricky. If everyone slows down it should be fine.

I did purchase a plumbago plant which I have been looking for.

Life just keeps on getting more convenient here in The Villages.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:36 PM

I really appreciate the Wal Mart. Even heard an employee saying he was earning more than at another dept store. Wal Mart isn't putting any Mom and Pop stores out of business here and that's a good thing.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlf
I really appreciate the Wal Mart. Even heard an employee saying he was earning more than at another dept store. Wal Mart isn't putting any Mom and Pop stores out of business here and that's a good thing.
I'm curious how you think that WalMart is not putting Mom and Pop stores out of business.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Yes I did go to the new WalMart, and it's nice and big, but was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT, because it has no fabric or craft departments. :'(

I asked an associate about it, and was told that at least 40 people before me had asked "Where is the fabric department?"

All the time it was being built, I was so looking forward to a good fabric department. The one on 441 has one, but is is so small compared to most of the WalMarts I've been to across the country. Some of them have huge fabric departments. The associate suggested I call 1-800-walmart and complain. I doubt it will do any good, because it looks like they've completely filled the store.

Another problem I heard about while there, from a few people, is that they put the pet dept. way over next to the garden dept, instead of near the food, like other stores. Oh well...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ
Yes I did go to the new WalMart, and it's nice and big, but was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT, because it has no fabric or craft departments. :'(
Do you have any idea why there is no fabric department there? That is a real surprise to me. I wonder what thinking goes into a decision to leave out a department seeminly as popular as that would be. :dontknow:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.