Interesting question? Anybody have an idea?

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Founder
Default Interesting question? Anybody have an idea?

There are over a thousand page views here at Talk of The Villages on many days. There have been nearly 30,000 views since the first of December, yet there are very few new topics posted or replies made :dontknow:. Some of our topics have been viewed over 100 times, but there are only 3 or 4 replies.

Does anybody have any idea why readers seem hesitant to post replies? This forum is a great opportunity for people to express their views, make new friendships and perhpas make some necessary changes. Is there anything that you would like to see added to the forum? This is here for the residents and we hope it will be around for a long time.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Default Re: Interesting question? Anybody have an idea?

I wondered the SAME thing. I'm on here EVERYDAY and have replied and posted.

Noooo answer came the stern reply.

Surely SOMEone has an opinion they'd like to share about SOMEthing....

Like maybe how to get involved in one (or more of the clubs). I'm Vice President of the Wisconsin Club and there're lots of things coming up. We have a huge membership but would like to get people involved. Spring picnic coming up...catered by Oakwood Bar B Que.

We know the drivers are bad and puppies poop but there's more to click your heels over...I'm with you, Jan. Anyone want to know what's going on?

Try taking some classes over at LifeLong Learning. I teach one there myself.

It's LONELY in here! (Webpage...NOT the Villages!!!)

Jenny
Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Founder

Hey Jenny,

As vice president of the Wisconsin club, how about getting all of your members to come here and visit. I'll tell you what I'll do. When is your next meeting. I will come there and take some pictures and post them here. In the meantime, tell your friends from Wisconsin to log in and register. Not only in the General discussion, but in the club section as well.

I don't mean to convey that we are concerned about lack of members at this point. We have 200 members and thousands of page views and the site is only a month old. Not bad, all in all. Sometimes these things take up to seven months to catch on. However, we really expected the Village residents to embrace this a little quicker. They will, I'm being patient. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Irishmom4

Yes I agree that this is a great forum to excahange information. I have just learned of this web address and I'm glad I did. We have listed our Snow Bird manufactured home in North Fort Myers. We would like to find a place in the Lady Lake/Summerfield area with a view. We have being searching 4 realty addresses daily (we have seen some very good buys in Del Webb-Spruce Creek) . I would agree that housing will pick up in a year or so. Thanks for your information. Irishmom4
Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

:joke:Well I think any forum on the Villages is good to have..the more the merrier..
I want to join some clubs to meet people ...but havent as yet joined many
I am joining The Cape and Islands Club tomorrow night..it is for any villages who is from Cape Cod or Islands..Massachusetts
I also am interested in getting aquainted with some gals to maybe go shopping..lunch...plays..sometimes my Hubby just isnt into doing something and I am..but being new here , its hard to meet friends unless you happen to live in a neighborhood that is exceptionally friendly
I go back to Cape Cod in summer so I will hopefully make some good friends before that ;D

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.