Internet only?

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Default Internet only?

We will be closing on our home next week (so excited!) and are looking into utilities, etc.

We don’t really need cable tv because we generally stream Netflix or Prime or something through Roku. Is there an internet provider for internet only, that’s not bundled with cable tv?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Another poster asked this morning, here are some replies.

Affordable Internet Only
Old 01-21-2021, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

sure, charter will give you internet only at high speeds. . . like $49 per month or so
Old 01-21-2021, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Where is your new home? Different companies service different areas.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:12 PM

In December I switch to century link. They are $49 per month, for life. So far my experience with them has been very good.
We stream YouTube TV, in our renters stream Hulu. The streaming services are great, and cheaper than cable.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie66 View Post
In December I switch to century link. They are $49 per month, for life. So far my experience with them has been very good.
We stream YouTube TV, in our renters stream Hulu. The streaming services are great, and cheaper than cable.
I am not very tech savvy and I am trying to find/decide which internet service to get and possibly cable service. If I understand correctly, if you use a streaming service your internet needs to be pretty fast. I read on Xfinity this "Your Xfinity Internet Data Usage Plan includes 1.2 TB per month. If more is used in a month, we will automatically add blocks of 50 GB for $10 each." Of course, I don't know what a data usage plan is but it reminds of being back in the 80s where you only got a short amount of time on the internet monthly or had to pay a lot more than you were already paying if you went over. Are there plans that have the speed and time available to be able to stream television shows and use the internet where you don't have to fear about going over time and having to spend more and more money? My son has me on his Netflix account, although I don't use it often. I would like something that gives me access to local channels and some other shows I like but I don't want to spend more money than cable would cost. Any ideas or suggestions?
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, cable, that’s, prime, generally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.