On Site Visit

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Default On Site Visit

Hi all;

My wife and I are coming to do a "site Visit" of the Villages during the 1st week in July. I thought it best to get an idea of how hot it gets down there. We know we could handle the winters. We are driving down from the Norther Virginia area near DC.
We picked the 4th of July time frame to also see how you guys down there celebrate. We will not be retiring for a few years yet, I may still want to work down in the Villages area.

So anyway if you have any suggestions as to what do check out when we are there, besides the golf, please let us know.
Tell us your favorite restauants, activites and places to see.

Thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Default Re: On Site Visit

Bring a sweater. By comparison to the DC area in summer it is downright pleasant here

Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

We were in the Villages for the first two weeks of July last year and found it quite pleasant. We expected high heat and humidity but it was quite bearable, high 80's. In the evenings after dinner, we'd walk through the neighborhood meeting people and enjoying the creativity and uniqueness of the landscaping. It was light until well after 9:00 PM and the temperature by that time was in the low 70's. We liked it so much we're coming back again this year.

We were a little surprised that the Villages did not have any fireworks displays on the 4th. They claimed that the insurance for a fireworks show was prohibitive--over a $100K. Friends suggested A Salute to America show at the Savannah Center which was a really nice way to celebrate our National holiday.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM

And, of course, you must not miss the celebrations in the town squares!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 PM

:#1:

If you take the time to peruse this website, there are great ideas of what to see, where to go etc. As you know, we do not live in the villages "Yet"... We're coming as fast as we can.... (Had a showing on our house today ;D) but we loved the lunches at the Cain Garden Golf Course, Dinner was wonderful at the Nancy Lopez Golf Course, Dancing at both of the Town Squares, listening to Jazz under the stars on the patio at Arnie's place....... the list goes on and on....

There was no where in the villages that we didn't find to be first rate! Meet the natives... Enjoy and you will soon be calling the Villages HOME!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:16 AM

Skyraider we moved here from Burke, Virginia last year at this time. The weather was much like Burke weather in July. You may just find afternoon showers each day but they will only last for about 1/2 hour. We love it here, it is everything that they say and more and we don't miss the DC traffic at all.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Right on Carla, the traffic there is bretty bad in comparison. I used to drive from Burke everyday to Crystal City to work, and am so glad to not have to do that anymore. And no more scraping ice off the windshield!! I came here in August my first time just to make sure I could stand the heat, and found that it's not bad at all, and you can always go inside to the A/C if you need to. One note - if you want to work down here, expect the pay to be considerably less than what we made in the DC area. It's a great place.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.