Internet, and TV service in Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Default Internet, and TV service in Sanibel

Moving to Sanibel shortly and need help deciding on Internet and TV. We will be part time until December but would like to have access to Internet and have TV when we are in Sanibel. I know Brighthouse is available but it does not carry the NFL channel. is AT&T Uverse available with a Internet package? Which ones allow you to put services on vacation and for how long? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Sage

If you have DirecTV back home, you can also have service with them in TV for no extra charge. Can't have both homes 'active' at the same time but it's a simple phone call to have them flip the service from one to the other. Requires you to take your receivers back and forth between the homes, though.

Bill
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Directv does not provide internet, correct? probably still have to go with Brighthouse for internet service. Any other choices?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Directv does not provide internet, correct? ......
You are correct.

Bill
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Default U=verse

At&t U-Verse is not available in Sanibel nor (to my knowledge) anywhere else in TV. I called the local AT&T store in LSL just last Friday to ask this same question. They say the signal is sent via the fiber optic cables and Comcast has them under contract.

It appears our choices in Sanibel are limited to BrightHouse, DirecTV and ClearLink/Comcast. I'm not real excited about any of them. We had DirecTV in Ohio and it cost way too much. I switched to my local cable company, bundled my services and saved almost $1000 per year.

DirecTV will bundle but they partner with the local company. See this from the DirecTV website:

Can I get Internet access and telephone service from DIRECTV?
Yes, you can add DIRECTV High-Speed Internet or select a bundled service from one of our DSL and phone provider partners.

If you can not get DSL in your area, DIRECTV High-Speed Internet bundled packages are available to customers through WildBlue Satellite Internet Service. This service is lightning fast, available to virtually every home and small office in America, and very affordable. To order, call 1-800-531-5000.

Post what you decide is best for you. I'm struggling with this decision, too.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.